PDA

View Full Version : hl_c05_a2

LatchetFox
02-03-2016, 09:11 AM
Hiya,
A curious question... anyone else having issues with hl_c05_a2 on the Half Life campaign? On a base, out of the box, Sven Co-op 5.0.2 server it seems that going from hl_c05_a1 to a2 and killing some of the first Houndeyes (first or second one usually does it) causes the server to crash. Oddly enough it's been difficult to replicate it on a listen server but on a fresh svends install with only a password added to it and two players, it never has failed yet.

Anyways.... anyone else encounter this issue?

Blizzard Fox
02-03-2016, 10:03 AM
I would also like to add to the equation that I downloaded a fresh Release Candidate [Build 997953] to my VDS using the standard server.cfg and and I couldn't replicate the same issue, So I'm hoping this issue is resolved via the full release of 0.3.

JPolito
02-03-2016, 11:16 AM
We have an issue reported about it on the bug tracker, but for whatever reason we never could figure out exactly what was causing it.

Blizzard Fox
02-03-2016, 11:36 AM
It's really odd, I don't how many fresh server installs I've tried with a stock server.cfg no metamod/amxx/adminmod or anything! I also tried on and off classis/survival mode and cant get any errors in console or in logs!

LatchetFox
02-03-2016, 12:12 PM
I tried joining a server that was on hl_c05_a1 and once it loaded on hl_c05_a2 it crashed on survival mode as well. During your investigation of this bug did you find any signs of / is it possible that this issue is related to recent server installs (5.0.2) as I wonder if it occurs with older installs?

JPolito
02-03-2016, 02:18 PM
I was almost certain that it was caused by the seamless teleport airlocks, but we never found any useful crash dumps. It remains a mystery.

Blizzard Fox
12-04-2016, 01:57 AM
Since the release of 5.03 many of the crashes are resolved except I noticed this map does seem to buckle and lag a ton load once my server starts to fill up, I've watched the server console and FPS will just lock up and bam you will snap around I'm not sure what is causing this issue.

Blizzard Fox
22-04-2016, 07:44 PM
I'm not sure if they are related to the seamless teleports, I was trying to mess with the cooldown period and even on LAN I noticed a change in frame rates when others run ahead and hit the switches on the doors.