PDA

View Full Version : Bug animation? [Robo Grunt]

Angel
10-03-2016, 09:36 AM
Hi all, some time ago I saw this problem, i thought the problem was my svencoop, but my friends have confirmed that I am not the only one, also left a catch (as in the video is not good quality) xD

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHx4gb55upo&feature=youtu.be

wolf-3d
10-03-2016, 02:51 PM
For the updated/new skin Robogunt, a new animation was also added called "die_new" (Robogrunt shakes while upright/standing before exploding).

w00tguy123
10-03-2016, 04:33 PM
^ Didn't know that. I was assuming it was the T-pose you commonly see in unfinished models. When I first saw this while playing I immediately assumed it was an error.

There still seems to be a problem with it though since it isn't animating (or maybe just not looping?).

IMO it would be better if it was bent down or something. It's not just developers that associate T-poses with model errors/missing animations. I get the joke that it's a robot, so it could theoretically T-pose on death due to shorted circuits or whatever - it's just that it doesn't translate very well to people who have seen models with missing animations before (i.e. anyone who has played Garry's Mod).

BlueSpark
10-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Lol yes, agreed - it would be more fun if it briefly did the John Travolta disco-dance ceiling/floor point (wild-flailing style) before exploding.. or something else amusing, anyway!

Fun is pretty scarce in it the game now - seems it's all been surgically removed :/