PDA

View Full Version : Error with friendly npc, Don't Fade Corpse, Reviving

K-Mac
13-03-2016, 11:20 PM
So, to make a long story short, I have a couple friendly NPCs in a map/ripent I am working on that I will be part of scripted sequences and unlocking doors, etc. I am hoping to allow players to revive these fallen NPCs if the NPCs die so they can be used to continue with their purpose. That is why I am using the "Don't Fade Corpse" flag. It appears, no matter what, even on a simple map that just has an NPC with the "Don't Fade Corpse" spawnflag set cannot be revived after being killed (in my tests either by trigger_hurt, trigger_hurt_remote, enemy fire, and through friendly fire).

I am posting this in this forum because it is my understanding that this spawnflag is designed to prevent any friendly NPC's corpse from fading to allow revival. The flag does prevent the corpse from fading but also prevents revival. To me this is more of a bug.

I have found the following from Entity Guides online about this flag:
512: "Don't Fade Corpse": Prevents corpse from disappearing. Useful when we have essential (mostly friendly) NPC whose death would make map impossible to finish. If corpse never fades players can revive dead monster.

I realize this is not an official guide, but it seems logical enough to me.

I hope this report helps. If there are any questions let me know.

banan2288
14-03-2016, 05:42 PM
You've found a bug, and I think this should be fixed from within code level. I never tested this option though, when writing this guide it was obvious for me, that this option is for essential npc's to make them won't dissapear when killed (and you can revive them then). However you can make friendly monsters unkillable by editing your map's cfg: http://www.svencoop.com/manual/mapping-config.html, see 'mp_npckill' option.

K-Mac
14-03-2016, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the info! Actually, what I was trying to accomplish was having a scripted scene kill a Friendly NPC that can be revived for purposes of unlocking a secret area. I stumbled upon this problem when trying to do this the most direct way I could think of, by trigger_hurt_remote the NPC. If it is not a "bug" per say, it would be a nice feature.

Thanks for your input!