PDA

View Full Version : hl_c13_a4 bugged?

LatchetFox
18-03-2016, 03:26 AM
Hiya,
So by any chance is hl_c13_a4 known to have an issue with getting the scientist at the start to use the retina scanner on dedicated servers?

JPolito
18-03-2016, 10:24 AM
If 20 people are standing in the way or keep using him, it might cause this problem. I may have to convert him into a monster_generic or something, just so that he can't be easily distracted.

BlueSpark
18-03-2016, 12:51 PM
If 20 people are standing in the way or keep using him, it might cause this problem. I may have to convert him into a monster_generic or something, just so that he can't be easily distracted.

Or keep periodically re-firing your scripted_sequence until the desired result is actually achieved. "No interruptions" and "Over-ride AI" are worthwhile also. Scripted sequences give up after a while, leaving the NPC idling uselessly.

AdamR
18-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Or keep periodically re-firing your scripted_sequence until the desired result is actually achieved. "No interruptions" and "Over-ride AI" are worthwhile also. Scripted sequences give up after a while, leaving the NPC idling uselessly.

Scripted sequences repeat themselves anyway until the NPC reaches a suitable target space. Doing so manually just causes huge processing loops, as LemonSoda discovered on her SC Planet map.

BlueSpark
18-03-2016, 06:39 PM
Scripted sequences repeat themselves anyway until the NPC reaches a suitable target space. Doing so manually just causes huge processing loops, as LemonSoda discovered on her SC Planet map.

Ok Adam, I was just going by my experience with SC4.8 scripted sequence, I had a critical NPC what if blocked would eventually give up trying and just stand there idling, so I just assumed that was what was happening. If the sequence is refired every 30 secs or so, does that really have a big impact? Are you saying that the previous instance is still active, and refiring it causes a new instance, like looped/nested multimanagers?

Blizzard Fox
28-03-2016, 05:15 PM
Would it be possible you could give it a quick change and I can test it? I tried to ripent the map and look but eh I have no clue what I'm looking at! lol