PDA

View Full Version : Why directx is not avaiable on the new svencoop version?

slim
28-03-2016, 05:08 PM
Is kinda frustated when I come to download again the svencoop to have a good time and the directx option is not avaiable anymore, what happen?
Now the game with opengl runs like laggy and I can't do nothing, so any advices? Like a good config or something like that...

Sorry if this topic is not in correct category.

MY SPECS:

CPU:Intel celeron 1.80 ghz
GPU: Intel HD 1000
RAM: 4 GB RAM

Solokiller
28-03-2016, 05:33 PM
Valve removed the DirectX renderer. Personally, i wanted to upgrade our OpenGL renderer, but i was explicitly forbidden from doing so. I can't help you with any performance issues, and the team doesn't care.

slim
28-03-2016, 05:41 PM
Valve removed the DirectX renderer. Personally, i wanted to upgrade our OpenGL renderer, but i was explicitly forbidden from doing so. I can't help you with any performance issues, and the team doesn't care.

Ok so no fix atm... Daam I need upgrade my pc just to play svencoop :/ .

JJJohan
28-03-2016, 09:59 PM

Sounds like there's a bit of a disagreement going on here.. Hope you guys can get it resolved nonetheless, keep up the good work.

GiGaBiTe
29-03-2016, 04:59 AM
Is kinda frustated when I come to download again the svencoop to have a good time and the directx option is not avaiable anymore, what happen?

Valve removed the Direct X renderer when they updated Half-Life to support multiple platforms other than Windows. Direct X only works on Windows so it was removed along with the software renderer at that time.

The other reason it was removed is because it was always an incomplete experimental renderer that never worked properly. It couldn't render NPOT textures properly, so any texture that didn't have an X or Y dimension as a power of two was stretched or squashed, which Half-Life used religiously, was blurred horribly and looked awful. Another big issue was that it also didn't support fog, so in underwater areas, it created an unfair advantage vs. other players using the software or OpenGL renderer because it wouldn't render the water fog.

The only reason the Direct X renderer ever existed was because most consumer PCs at the time the game was originally released couldn't run OpenGL. The average PC back then had some sort of ATI Rage chip on it, which never could do OpenGL properly, and that left you with Direct X or the Software renderer.

CPU:Intel celeron 1.80 ghz
GPU: Intel HD 1000
RAM: 4 GB RAM

That's a pretty junky PC to be running Windows 10 on. Since you have a GMA IGP, the only thing I can recommend you doing to get a performance boost is turn styles lights off (r_dynamic 0 in the console) because styles lights destroy frame rates on Intel GPUs.