PDA

View Full Version : They21

LatchetFox
31-03-2016, 12:24 AM
Hiya,
Just a curious question.....Is the door just before the end in they21 not opening a known bug?
Also a thank you to everyone who replies and has replied in my previous bug reports / inquiries.
:D

Dynamite
31-03-2016, 04:27 AM
Got a screenshot of the door?

LatchetFox
31-03-2016, 10:04 PM
Hiya Dynamite,
To answer your question the door I refer to is this one (see attached picture).

I cannot always seem to replicate this bug but I have noticed it happening from time to time, often under load but hard to say if there is a correlation between the two.

19941994ra
01-04-2016, 01:32 AM
Hiya Dynamite,
To answer your question the door I refer to is this one (see attached picture).

I cannot always seem to replicate this bug but I have noticed it happening from time to time, often under load but hard to say if there is a correlation between the two.

Yeah actually, at least for me and some servers i play. If everybody is around shooting or shoots at the door for some reason it doesn't open. Maybe is because of the scientist behind it.

wolf-3d
01-04-2016, 09:28 AM
Yeah actually, at least for me and some servers i play. If everybody is around shooting or shoots at the door for some reason it doesn't open. Maybe is because of the scientist behind it.

More than likely the correct reason, Once the doorbell is pressed a NPC from the inside, comes to open it, (so there is a delay while he gets there.) If there is a lot of shooting near the door the scientist AI may detect this and cause the AI to go into "cower" or "run away mode" before it is auto reset and the AI tells scientist to go back and trying opening the door again. (Too much shooting may cause a loop effect.)

Dynamite
01-04-2016, 10:02 AM
I'll check it out. What wolf-3d says sounds like a probable cause.

Solokiller
01-04-2016, 10:13 AM
Known issue, #27. Really old bug that requires the AI for that NPC to be disabled.

LatchetFox
01-04-2016, 04:14 PM
Thanks to all who replied & quite interesting I must say....I did not realize there was an NPC to open the door to be honest. Is there currently any plans for / possible fixes in an update down the road?

wolf-3d
01-04-2016, 10:04 PM
There are lots of "small bugs" in "They Series" (and of course some of our other distributed maps).

Without checking the bug tracking system (BTS) I cannot tell you what they all are but the
"negative strike time" AFIK was not on the system until a Forum User made his post.
and I am sure this one will now be escalated and fixed (several different fixes possible, e.g. change AI spawnflags, cut AI and get doorbell to target a timer, etc.)

So, please continue to report possible bugs and prod us about fixes/updates.
(Although if possible do a Forum Search just in case it has already been reported.)

LatchetFox
03-04-2016, 02:48 AM
Thank you, glad to see a dev team that continues to care about bug patrol! I will definitely continue to report any bugs found on Blizzard Fox's / my server.... also I have had experience with people failing to do a simple forum search / look at the first flippn' topic that is titled what they are trying to post, so yeah, I always try / will definitely continue to do a forum search at least :D