PDA

View Full Version : GlobalSoundList not working

BlackShadowX
18-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Well, hello everyone.

I noticed, Globalsoundlist not working. Any fixes or ideas for this?? :confused:

AdamR
18-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Please let us know the (full) path you've specified in your map, and the real location of your global sound list file.

BlackShadowX
18-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Not only in my map. I also tried They Hunger. Checked TheyHunger's files everything seems good. But MP5 should been have different sound. Instead it's playing default soundfile of orginal SC.

AdamR
18-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Try verifying the game's content via the game properties. (If that doesn't resolve the issue you've been messing around with content in the addons or downloads folder.)

w00tguy123
18-04-2016, 05:41 PM
You can't replace default weapon sounds (except for crowbar, wrench, and a few others) with a sound replacement file. The only way to do that is by creating a custom weapon.

BlackShadowX
18-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Try verifying the game's content via the game properties. (If that doesn't resolve the issue you've been messing around with content in the addons or downloads folder.)

Tried with fresh installion and also verified cache. Result was still same.

As i was saying before, JPolito tried to attempt change MP5 sound with They Hunger's one. As you seen in the picture. But orginal sound plays.

Also is w00tguy right? We can only change crowbar,wrench and few specific weapons soundfiles?

Solokiller
18-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Sounds that are played using animation events on the client side cannot be sound replaced. If the model has any events that use event id 5004, those are not replaceable.

BlackShadowX
19-04-2016, 04:42 AM
So w00tguy is right.

Darn. It'll be good if we was able to add our specific sounds to our map. Like globalmodellist. Or we will see this on future updates?

Solokiller
19-04-2016, 04:59 AM
That would require the client to be told of which sound replacement files to use for the weapons that are being used by all players. Additionally, the sounds played by the weapon_custom event would require this information as well. A global replacement file would be much simpler, but i think mappers will want to have the same per-entity sound replacement support that already exists on the server side.

BlackShadowX
20-04-2016, 12:38 PM
Okay so, yesterday i realized globalsoundlist working but not on player side instead on NPC side. I was replaced MP5 sound with diffrent one. I hear the sound when Human Grunt started to attack me. So, GlobalModelList currently working on NPC's. I hope it'll comes to player side too, or else my mapping project will be ruined :(

Solokiller
20-04-2016, 12:40 PM
NPC's play their sounds (mostly) on the server side, unlike players. That's why it's inconsistent.

Dynamite
24-04-2016, 07:37 AM
Custom weapons preferably need to be a custom angelscript weapon. I chose AScript weapons for TH3 since that opened up other possibilities like tweaking firing rate, animations and ammunition amounts. Some guns may not obey sound path entries in the model, which was the case for the uzi before Solokiller re-coded it for 5.0.