PDA

View Full Version : hl_c11_a3 should be modified

holes
22-05-2016, 08:52 PM
There is no reason why map hl_c11_a3 which is full of tripmines and restarts every time it explodes should be the normal HL map. You can make whatever excuse but when you have servers that average 14-16+ players daily it is impossible to pass the map unless there is a speedrunner that can get past the tripmines before a noob blows himself up. We can do it manually but also for the sake of other servers with the same problem I want to post this. Or has it already been done?

KernCore
22-05-2016, 09:33 PM
There's no safe way, I know of, other than changing the level to hl_c11_a4. If one person just stands blocking the door to the tripmine nest, people can shoot the Tau Cannon through walls and cause the explosion to happen.

spy-warrior
23-05-2016, 02:29 AM
I ripent map :)
The first player to open the door, killing all the other players !!!
Le premier joueur qui ouvre la porte, tue tout les autres joueurs !!!

Solokiller
23-05-2016, 03:13 AM
The map could be modified to have fake tripmines, where triggering one sends players back to the beginning, removes the tripmine that was hit, and lets them try again without restarting the map.

AdamR
23-05-2016, 03:30 AM
There is no reason why map hl_c11_a3 which is full of tripmines and restarts every time it explodes should be the normal HL map.
The community went on for ages about how they want a more pure Half-Life experience so that's what we delivered. If you don't like the tripmines you can RIPENT them out of the map, but if I did that in my mind I'd not have completed the game.

when you have servers that average 14-16+ players daily it is impossible to pass the map unless there is a speedrunner that can get past the tripmines before a noob blows himself up.
We never intended for HLSP to be played with this many people. Neither is HLSP suitable for public servers, as you increase the chances of lone speedrunners or trolls ruining the experience. We have always intended the HLSP conversion to be played privately among friends, typically up to 6 people. This has always been how Sven Co-op is best enjoyed in my 13 years of playing it, not just for the HLSP conversion.

We can do it manually but also for the sake of other servers with the same problem I want to post this. Or has it already been done?
This is what you'll have to do, and you're welcome to share your RIPENT data. (Though do not redistribute modified BSP's.) This could probably be achieved by a simple script for the map, of which you could share and would be very easy for another server operator to drop in place. We're not going to modify the map as distributed to suit a minority of servers that choose to run HLSP publicly with 14-32 players, as this is not how the conversion was designed and intended to be used.

JPolito
23-05-2016, 03:30 AM
Server operators can easily ripent the tripmines out of the map as well. Or, ripent the map so that it doesn't end when the tripmines explode.

Blizzard Fox
04-06-2016, 04:39 PM
Would someone mind telling me which entities to change regarding the nuke's going off? I see all the monster_tripmines but not 100% what needs to be tweaked.

Nero
04-06-2016, 05:34 PM
The map could be modified to have fake tripmines, where triggering one sends players back to the beginning, removes the tripmine that was hit, and lets them try again without restarting the map.

I made this if anyone is interested ^^
monster_telemine or whatever I called it

Blizzard Fox
04-06-2016, 05:36 PM
I made this if anyone is interested ^^
monster_telemine or whatever I called it

Then post the .ent Pinkie Winky Pie! ;)