PDA

View Full Version : Can't sound replace monster_scientist sentences when attacking them

nico
25-05-2016, 06:04 AM
Can't sound replace some monster_scientist sentences (those when attacking them) via a soundlist (be it entitiy or global).

It seems some sentences are hard-coded for monster_scientist, a few examples are:

!SC_STOP0(-3)
!SC_SCREAM0(-10)
!SC_FEAR0(-10)
!SC_RUNAWAY
!SC_RUNAWAY2
!SC_RUNSCREAM

Would be cool to get that working.

Solokiller
25-05-2016, 06:52 AM
Scientists will use SC_PLFEAR instead of SC_FEAR when attacked by players.

Are you sound replacing the sentence names or using a custom sentence file? If it's a sound replacement file, do note that sentence groups (e.g. SC_SCREAM is the group containing !SC_SCREAM0, !SC_SCREAM1, etc) are used by passing the group name without a '!'. So the SC_SCREAM group is used by passing in SC_SCREAM, not !SC_SCREAM0.

nico
25-05-2016, 07:07 AM
Yep, using soundlist not sentence_file. I'll try. Is there a list of the default (monster_scientist) groups? Otherwise using the single sentence replacement is easier for me.

"SC_PLFEAR" "sound" didn't work.

Edit: It seems SC_PLFEAR can't be replaced (regardless if SC_PLFEAR or !SC_PLFEARX is used)? :(

Solokiller
25-05-2016, 07:42 AM
Sentence groups apparently cannot be replaced. That's a missing feature that will need to be added.

I don't know of any lists of sentences, but you should be able to use the SDK version to get most of them: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/halflife/blob/master/dlls/scientist.cpp#L712

nico
25-05-2016, 08:25 AM
Yeah well !SC_PLFEAR1 isn't a group and can't be replaced either.

Solokiller
25-05-2016, 09:38 AM
The game's code treats it as a group. Whether it is a group or not, it cannot be replaced since it never passes through the replacement code.