PDA

View Full Version : Weapon indexes don't get cleared between maps(or something like that?)

Nero
07-06-2016, 09:54 AM
I put the CS weapons in some maps, but I've been having problems with selecting them when you have them all. (give all cs weapons)
When coming from a map with a few (different) custom weapons (they were selected just fine btw) and then moving to the ones with the CS weapons, the selection fucks up.

Weapons show up in the wrong slots (eg: a weapon from slot 3 shows up in slot 2, and so the selection jumps over to slot 3 when trying to select a weapon in slot 2)
The slots and positions of the weapons are fine. And when loading the next map in the series they're mostly fine - until picking up another custom weapon, now this weapon can't be selected.

Quote from someone more knowledgeable than me: "This is my educated guess: the slot indexes are not being cleared on the player if they get switched over to another map with weapons of the sameā€¦"

I don't know if this helps, but I noticed that all custom weapons get the same weapon index (the index of the last basegame weapon equipped)

KernCore
07-06-2016, 10:44 AM
I've experienced the same thing on my two other weapon projects.

Dropping all the weapons seems to fix it just for a limited time tho.

KaLo
07-06-2016, 10:50 AM
warning....the map you place CS:S weapon , always cause massive lag when theres many players in server.

I don't know whats happening , but it look like the penetration remains entity and causing overflowing?

KernCore
07-06-2016, 10:55 AM
warning....the map you place CS:S weapon , always cause massive lag when theres many players in server.

I don't know whats happening , but it look like the penetration remains entity and causing overflowing?

My guess is that all custom weapons are being predicted by the server. So this lags the server.

KaLo
07-06-2016, 11:05 AM
How terrible ,it could kill the fun if there's custom weapons in map, and burns the Server CPU.....

God damn bug.

KernCore
07-06-2016, 11:38 AM
How terrible ,it could kill the fun if there's custom weapons in map, and burns the Server CPU.....

God damn bug.

I tested this in a server, too many custom weapons for the server to predict, too many players, it will cause the server cpu to spike like crazy. Even the ones that's not being used are still being predicted, for each player.

AdamR
07-06-2016, 02:59 PM

God damn bug.

Client side scripting would be required to resolve this. (The server would need to deliver the client a script to run when they join.) The server library isn't able to tell the client library to start predicting something it doesn't know the logic for in advance.

Nero
07-06-2016, 03:13 PM
Client side scripting would be required to resolve this. (The server would need to deliver the client a script to run when they join.) The server library isn't able to tell the client library to start predicting something it doesn't know the logic for in advance.

Jes, client side scripting plz, at least for bullet firing purposes :o <3

Nero
08-06-2016, 05:09 PM
Thissum stuff should be in WeaponsResource.

"the hud data gets reset once on dll load and if the ResetHUD net message is sent

perhaps reset on map change to clear any old data if the client can be told of map changes"

- from Gaben he said so jes