PDA

View Full Version : The game doesn't start

olympéa
08-06-2016, 10:08 AM
hi I have a problem when I try to run sven coop the game simply doesn't want to run, steam just shows the little windows "preparing to run sven coop..." (dunno how it's seen in english) and nothing happens

what's wrong???? thank you!

PS: I have try to install the VS Redistributable shown here (http://forums.svencoop.com/showthread.php/43812-Next-Engine-Game-Update-ETA-and-General-News?p=520800&viewfull=1#post520800) but it refuses cause i have "a newer version installed"

cscarlet
08-06-2016, 02:14 PM
Hi,
Did you uninstall both of them and reinstall?

olympéa
08-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Hi,
Did you uninstall both of them and reinstall?

nope just try to install

how I can uninstall those?

SourceSkyBoxer
08-06-2016, 05:25 PM
If you want uninstall than I suggest with Windows Clean up Installer or Revo Uninstaller than you can try to uninstall cleanly and reinstall again.

cscarlet
09-06-2016, 01:57 PM
Using the uninstalls in Add/Remove Programs worked fine for me, did it not work for you SourceSkyBoxer?
Just realised in Windows 10 I have something like 10 required uninstalls :S (I'm not sure if trying to uninstall the oldest will allow them all to be removed)

olympéa
11-06-2016, 01:19 AM
okay dunno what happen but I restarted the computer and after this steam upgraded itself and now the game works :s

problem fixed thanks you!!!!!

Puchi
11-06-2016, 05:09 AM
Did you restart after (re)installing the redistributables?

GiGaBiTe
11-06-2016, 09:26 PM
There's a long standing issue with Steam where if you delay a Steam update, games will fail to launch after a given period of time, usually a couple of days. if you try to launch a game when this bug crops up, Steam will hang on the launching game dialog.

SourceSkyBoxer
12-06-2016, 04:04 AM
okay dunno what happen but I restarted the computer and after this steam upgraded itself and now the game works :s

problem fixed thanks you!!!!!

Glad to listen, did you fix it?

@Puchi, maybe he fixed it.

@Gigabyte, really? I never get issus. Impossible because Steam has problem? But my Steam works like normal. If I start game. Just wait to opening game launcher. I don't worry about Steam. I keep cool. If Steam doesn't show preparing dialog than you need check task manager and hl.exe or hl2.exe should exit by user from task manager. Now nothing has problem and it works fine.

GiGaBiTe
12-06-2016, 05:15 PM
@Gigabyte, really? I never get issus. Impossible because Steam has problem? But my Steam works like normal. If I start game. Just wait to opening game launcher. I don't worry about Steam. I keep cool. If Steam doesn't show preparing dialog than you need check task manager and hl.exe or hl2.exe should exit by user from task manager. Now nothing has problem and it works fine.

If the game is already running, it will throw an error telling you it is. The delayed Steam update causing games to not launch and have the "game is launching" dialog stuck is a real problem. I've even tried to launch the game via the executable and it will just sit there and do nothing until Steam is restarted.

cscarlet
13-06-2016, 01:59 PM
I've had the issue before with another game in Steam, as part of reinstalling VS I rebooted hmmm.....