PDA

View Full Version : +cammousemove

Green Astronauts
19-06-2016, 05:19 PM
If I bind the command "+cammousemove" to a key, moving my mouse around (in third person) doesn't really do anything. Is this command broken?

AdamR
20-06-2016, 08:15 AM
I've not heard of that bind. What is it supposed to do?

Streamfox
20-06-2016, 10:40 AM
I've not heard of that bind. What is it supposed to do?

Check the SDK.

AdamR
20-06-2016, 02:21 PM
Check the SDK.

Thanks. Super helpful. :)

Green Astronauts
20-06-2016, 09:04 PM
In a Half-Life mod I play so now and then (MasterSword: Continued) it functions as follows:
If you bind "+cammousemove" to a key, and then hold that key down, moving your mouse around will move the camera in third person view around your character.

In Sven Co-op it barely functions. Flailing your mouse around wildly will only move the third person view camera up and down a bit, sometimes. Hard to explain, it's easiest if you try this in-game yourself.
It's broken in a similar fashion in Half-Life though, so maybe the mod in question has something in place that makes it function differently. I'm not sure yet. One of the developers of the mod in question says it might be related to mouse input settings.

Sniper
21-06-2016, 07:29 AM
This is something we'll look into.

Sven Co-op uses SDL for the mouse movement stuff, something probably broke in the upgrade.

Green Astronauts
22-06-2016, 03:33 AM
Awesome, good to hear you're going to look into it. I hope you can find out what the problem is.

Lollie
13-04-2019, 12:53 PM
Hate to bump an old topic, but I've noticed that while +cammousemove functions, it is absurdly sensitive to mouse movement. Adjusting mouse sensitivity & toggling raw mouse input seems to have zero effect on it.

Edit: I found out that certain commands are tied to framerate, and this includes +cammousemove (along with +camyawleft and +camyawright, etc). Console command "max_fps 60" helps mitigate some of the issue. It's still wildly sensitive, and the way it functions feels very weird*, but at least now it's somewhat controllable with tiny mouse movements.

* It feels like emulating a virtual analog stick, where the center of the screen is the center of the stick. When +cammousemove is active, as long as the mouse is offcenter, the camera keeps moving.