PDA

View Full Version : Showing donor status and not a donor

m0u$3[uz]
06-07-2016, 07:10 PM
I haven't donated yet and it shows that i'm a donator i'm not a donor yet seen from this picture magnifico shared http://i.imgur.com/AURliyS.jpg

AdamR
07-07-2016, 03:04 AM
We're aware of a minor threading issue that can cause the icon to appear on the wrong person at times. A fix is being tested for the next update.

Dynamite
09-07-2016, 01:18 PM
I had a similar issue. I was the only contributor on a server yet the icon showed up for 3 other players, but none for me. I couldn't use the donor features either.

AdamR
16-07-2016, 04:02 AM
This issue appears to be reliably reproducible when more than four players are connected to the game server. A suggestion was made that it could be down to the threading pool, though child threads to are only made on the game server for this while a player connects. Once the query is completed (whether it succeeded or not) the thread is destroyed. Things will also start to work as normal if the player count drops to 4. (Although the remaining 4 players may need to reconnect.)

This does not mean your extras have been taken away from you if you don't get them in some game servers. The database was not harmed.

I've had a look into possible causes and solutions for this, and have potentially come up with a solution. It worked when 5 of us quickly tried it out one day though we have a(nother) group test session planned tonight to try this with a higher player count.

This is the only issue holding us back from publishing the next update.

Furthermore we are going go be exporting the database into the game server library for all future releases. This is so donors can still get their extras in all future releases even on servers run by operators forcing the on-line query to not happen. (Or if the database goes down.)

Juzi
27-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Okay, figured out my problem. Did not show donor status on certain server. I thought it was removed from the entire game.