PDA

View Full Version : Assault on Black Mesa 2

Penguin
12-02-2002, 11:11 PM
hey all
this is my first entry mapping for Sven Coop (completed anyways). I dont know if it shows, but i've been mapping for a while now. :D ABM2 is nearing completion, i just need to do a bit of bug testing. Expect it within a week. I just wanted to release a screenie of some stuff to expect when ya play. Now just cross your fingers and hope i can get all the bugs sorted. :p

Phx
12-02-2002, 11:13 PM
Holy chit those are big monsters
MMM Style?

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
13-02-2002, 02:35 PM
hmmm that looks nice, garg supreme commander it says their bottom left, those monsters are tiny compared to him!

their is a storyline ect aint their, not jus a horde map?

Penguin
13-02-2002, 03:28 PM
its mostly linked battles...and the story is kind of weak at this point...i'll implement it better after the beta tests. Also, the map PACK is 2 levels long, and takes 3-4 people about a half hour to complete if not more.

Basic Storyline
-------------------
Sven Coop Team members have been taken hostage
in Black Mesa after the incident and you've been sent in to save them, if at all possible. ;)

Something like that...i forget what the text file says. Its a tough map, tho. When ya see what kinda stuff you have to beat gargy with, you'll run and cower in fear. :D

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
13-02-2002, 04:22 PM
ya could get model replacement tech for the scis to look like team members :)

Penguin
13-02-2002, 07:19 PM
Some screenies of the second level, the first level is mostly outdoors, and it takes a bit less time to complete.

---> SCREENIES!!! <--- (http://home.gwi.net/~jefwelsh/abm2.html)

Mr. Chris
13-02-2002, 07:23 PM
error 404 :(

Penguin
13-02-2002, 07:28 PM
yeah, i made the thread then made the page ;) it works now

the 4th screenie down shows the cage the sven coop team was in (the head guys anyways)

Mr. Chris
14-02-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by {DoA}DrunkMonkey
ya could get model replacement tech for the scis to look like team members :)

Let's hope some jerk doesn't shoot and kill them :p

Penguin
15-02-2002, 06:18 PM
Whohoo! Even more screenies. What a nice thing for a friday night.

Screenies! (http://home.gwi.net/~jefwelsh/abm2-2.html)

These are of the first map BTW.

bilbo
16-02-2002, 08:42 PM
wow

Penguin
18-02-2002, 03:29 AM
Well, it is 3 AM right now :eek: ...and as usual i've been working hard to get this map done. heh...i think its time...for...

MAP RELEASE!!!

WHOHOO!!

im tired, so i'll compile the final versions (if they turn out to be bug free) tommorow morning...and have the map pack out in the showcase by noon. If i'm feelin frisky i'll host a kickoff server (or maybe some server admin could be nice and step in here *nudge nudge*).

well, thats all for now. FINALLY, the final battle beats the hell out of MMM's final battle ... :)

Penguin go sleep now. :cool: