PDA

View Full Version : [Script Request]fog_volume for Sven Co-op?

[CHN]iAmZC
17-07-2016, 10:11 AM
fog_volume is a brush entity available in the Left 4 Dead series. As well as Portal 2 and Alien Swarm. It controls fog and other visual cinematic elements within its volume. It is necessary to have at least one fog_volume in order for (a master) color_correction to take effect in Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2. - from Valve Developer Community

Who can "port" this entity to Sven Co-op(remake a SC version of this entity)?

w00tguy123
17-07-2016, 03:47 PM
I was working on an env_weather and func_fog entity a while back. I'm pretty sure it's good enough to be usable, so try the attached script (comes with example rmf). func_fog works by changing the fog levels for whoever enters the volume. You'll need to place a single env_weather to set up the "default" fog.

Note: Some options aren't implemented yet and I don't plan to improve on this script anytime soon.

Sniper
17-07-2016, 08:50 PM
This is something we can look into as a core feature. For weather effects, the particle system needs an overhaul.

[CHN]iAmZC
18-07-2016, 12:25 AM
I was working on an env_weather and func_fog entity a while back. I'm pretty sure it's good enough to be usable, so try the attached script (comes with example rmf). func_fog works by changing the fog levels for whoever enters the volume. You'll need to place a single env_weather to set up the "default" fog.

Note: Some options aren't implemented yet and I don't plan to improve on this script anytime soon.

I need screenshots.

w00tguy123
18-07-2016, 01:06 AM
iAmZC;522247']I need screenshots.

Kind of hard to demonstrate with screenshots, so here's a video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6Hw2sFVJQmA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nero
20-07-2016, 11:35 AM
:O wat
That can't be cheap? D:

w00tguy123
20-07-2016, 12:27 PM
The snow certainly isn't. I'm really pushing the temporary sprite limit with that. Net usage hasn't been too bad though from the little testing I did.

I think a dev actually implemented something similar but scrapped it because it wasn't efficient enough (which explains why we have "env_weather" in the official .fgd). The effect should really be done client-side.

[CHN]iAmZC
29-07-2016, 08:51 AM
Kind of hard to demonstrate with screenshots, so here's a video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6Hw2sFVJQmA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Oh, it's good. Can you provide a screenshot of cfg content? I try to use the fog in my map, but failed.

w00tguy123
29-07-2016, 02:49 PM
This should be all you need:

map_script env_weather/env_weather