PDA

View Full Version : I hate this

*L*E*O*N*
19-02-2002, 11:21 PM
Why is it about every 2 weeks you go to planethalflife and you see some junk about WOW, here's another stupid pack of models and sound garbage replacements for Counter Strike? If they are so good at it why don't they try helping some other dang modification with models and stuff rather than working on a new 40th dumb model replacement for the same modification. I hate seeing that junk. There are over 50 different mods I know that could maybe use help somehow, even though I can't think of them all at the moment.

BurnOut64
19-02-2002, 11:36 PM
Its rediculus, isn't it? That so many modelers will make models for a mod that doesnt need them, when there are so many mods that could use the help...

Slidje
20-02-2002, 12:54 AM
counter strike is all about competition . the same goes for anyone that makes a model pack for it . they want to make the best one .
helping out another mod is about teamwork , generosity . things liek that .
coutnerstrike doesnt promote any of those qualities .

Turrican
20-02-2002, 03:16 AM
The stupidest thing about the CS weapon replacement packs is that they are completely useless. Servers wont let you on because your models are not the same, it says "server is enforcing model consistency for v_pointlessgun.mdl".

Edcrab
20-02-2002, 11:11 AM
They'd be much better of helping the fledgling mods that are crying out for aid. Look at the original DoD vs 2.0, for instance (NO comments about lag, aye?): before hand, the models and skins were just... well, shite.
What really pisses me off is that CS has never been a mod that particularily held my attention, plus of course its step into retail made it the primary magnet for brain-dead newbies and llamas. Bluntly, I feel it has been superceeded by far better mods with stronger features- (I just hate psuedo-realism, I guess) and it surprises me how many people do un-needed stuff for a mod that already has the biggest damn gaming population...

KillJoy
20-02-2002, 11:19 AM
Bragging rights, pure and simple.
*Yea D00d, I helped With CS yea W00t I am So l337*
Yes, I say we go into the CS fourms and grab some peeps with skillz for our bidding:D Assuming we find any :p

Ah well, Just sheepole, whatever is "cool" to the masses gets the most attetion.

Lt.Kjilgore
20-02-2002, 12:19 PM
Yeah, well... They may have selfish motives, but CS is far more popular than possibly every other mod combined... regardless of what your personal feelings are.

Although highly competetive, if you really are good, CS is the place to both show off and be recognised for it. I use a lot of custom models for CS, and haven't had any problems joining servers because of it... Well, at least that one week I tried it for before vowing I would never go online with CS ever again.

And also there is the fact as to whether a mod team would be willing to accept models from an outside source... Would the SC team, for instance, accept a vastly improved model for the crowbar or something if I offered? From what I've read, I don't think so (don't worry, not gonna happen)

CS itself doesn't use other models even though the vast majority of the default models are sh!t... And I've seen some remodels for CS that put full retail games to shame.

But hey, if it makes you smile... I heard a pretty reliable rumour that custom models are going to be disabled in CS1.4 :D

The proof is in the pudding as to whether that turns out to be true, though. So don't hold me to it.

Mr. Chris
20-02-2002, 01:28 PM
CS sucks a big fat dick
SC r0x the CS team's cox :D

And I am too also sick of seeing replacement packs for CS. :mad: Like give it a fucking rest already. CS SUX COX!

Nomble
20-02-2002, 02:19 PM
Model replacement packs is the best with CS, you can use whatever the fuck you want to use, not like SC where you only like playing with HD models or not even that.

Too bad they will disable them in 1,4. I hope that they will come up with better models so the players dont mind it.

Phx
20-02-2002, 11:20 PM
*looks in models folder*
Umm... Nomble what are you talking about?
Currently I have all the weapons replaced including the SC medkit(Hmm never mind I will have them all replaced once I decide to go looking for models for Slot 5)
Personally I am glad we at least have what we have... look around, we have some very talented modelers/reskinners in the team and in the community.(despite what some think reskinning is a very good way to give a model a completely new look)

*L*E*O*N*
24-02-2002, 08:47 PM
WOW! There's another cs utility on planethalflife!
Big WHOOPDEEDOO.

Basic Beecicchi
24-02-2002, 09:52 PM
Ya know, instead of whining about CS replacements, why not list [yes, or even SEND TO ME directly] the things you want to see done about SC.

We're not going to get anywhere if all we're gonna do is whine.

Mr. Chris
24-02-2002, 10:45 PM
lol leon you are so funny sometimes :)

*L*E*O*N*
26-02-2002, 05:41 PM
Some things to do:
Make some new models (not skins even though they are good too) of some monsters (some means not all).
That's one I'd like to mainly see. Someone could probably make the knight model thing from Quake1 and modify it's speed and WOW, there's a new addition. I mainly would like to see those because these normal monster models are getting lame to me. (keyword, I never said everyone).
I would probably make new monster models if I knew how to model and had the stuff, but I don't know how and don't have the stuff and wouldn't get much time to do that. Sorta like my mapping, I have a couple hours a week to work on it and bother you people at the forums.
That's good enough because that modeling must be hard. To me it is anyway because I can't even get things to just rotate once in about 100 frames. Otherwise a list could scare you because I think of a lot of garbage (and thousands of other mods).
Also they have yet another CS utility, and it's been about 3 days since the last one on Planethalflife.

*L*E*O*N*
28-02-2002, 05:51 PM
Something nice to see is new monsters. I always like seeing new monsters the most even though they are probably the hardest to code. I like them over everything including new weapons because most of the weapons are pretty original thoughts. A monster you need your imagination (something I don't have along with common sense) to think one up. A gun you can go watch a movie and you'll see one almost every time.

}[]BlackMage[]{
28-02-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Turrican
The stupidest thing about the CS weapon replacement packs is that they are completely useless. Servers wont let you on because your models are not the same, it says "server is enforcing model consistency for v_pointlessgun.mdl".

Eh, actually, that isn't true about the one on phl a few days ago. I downloaded it and tried it, and it worked fine. I still don't like CS, but they aren't actually enforcing model consistency.

Translation: those "really fecking bright skins" that people used to use can, theoretically, STILL be used

Undeadenemy
28-02-2002, 08:54 PM
Well CS may be popular but it didn't win Mod of The Year did it? The advantage CS had was when it came out there was nothing like it. Now every mod that comes out is a copy of it with new models. I don't care what Hostile Intent says all they are is CS.

MaRk
28-02-2002, 10:47 PM
Ok ther is to much TM mods out ther and real type mods, :/.

Im gonna make a Dm mod,more info soon.
:P

Kritter
01-03-2002, 03:06 AM
Counter-Strike blows. Its for the simple minded.

No one has any stratagy. Just run around shoot people and complain.

Hell i cant even refresh all servers in my hl. The 15 or so thousand bog up my refresh.

servers
CS 15,000
TFC 1,500
HL DM 500
SC 26

Lord Booga
01-03-2002, 04:25 AM
I enjoy CS on a LAN with friends...more tactics, and team work involved.... its no fun over the internet.

Black Cat
02-03-2002, 12:08 PM
CS was good before, but now it sucks my big lolipop( DEEEEE-LICIS)

SC rock ass, but it needs new monsters.