PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Server Hanging...

Ivan Girderboot
26-02-2002, 10:35 PM
It's really odd....The server kicks all active players and shuts off, but it dosent actually crash. The console window remains open, but you can't type anything into it, and it slows the whole server down. This problem only started when I installed the Admin Mod Plugin, plugin_sank_sounds.amx (The Sounds Plugin) I have other plugins installed, but they do not apper to be the problem. Here's Some Info:

Dll's loaded by Metamod (Latest Version MM)
admin_mm.dll (Admin Mod This may be mispelled here)
booster_mm.dll (Connection Ping Booster, Throttles Minrate and maxrate)

Plugin's for Admin Mod Besides the normal ones: (Spelling may be off)
plugin_sank_antiflood.amx (Ant-Flood)
plugin_sank_consgreet.amx (Console Greeter)
plugin_sank_sound.amx (Sounds)

Thanks, I hope anyone can help or give advice, The Logs Are Useless.

Kaneda
26-02-2002, 10:39 PM
Computer/Server Specs?

djmrmagic
27-02-2002, 03:45 AM
What version of admin mod are you using??
I was using consgreet but it doesnt compile on the new version of admin mod.
Is yours working properly??

Have you taken sound plugin back out and see if the server still lags??
Try taking out your other extra plugins and just run with sound plugin. Two of the extra plugins might be incompatible.

With Ping booster, make sure you have got your booster_underrun_scale correct a bad setting here will cause your server to lag more than normal.

Ivan Girderboot
27-02-2002, 04:13 PM
Server Info (I Checked This Will Be 100% Correct)

Server Load's As Follows:

metamod.DLL - 1.11.2.0
- That in turn runs metamod.ini:

booster_mm.dll - No Version Info
- Special Server Booster

admin_MM.DLL - 2.5.0.26
-Admin Mod Loads Several Plugins:
*dlls/plugin_sank_antiflood.amx
*dlls/plugin_sank_consgreet.amx
*dlls/plugin_base.amx
*dlls/plugin_chat.amx
*dlls/plugin_cheat.amx
*dlls/plugin_hldsld_mapvote.amx
*dlls/plugin_message.amx
*dlls/plugin_retribution.amx
*dlls/plugin_spawn.amx
*dlls/plugin_fun.amx
*dlls/plugin_sank_sounds.amx

So Far, Everything runs OK as long and the sank_sounds plugin is not loading. All the sounds are there, and i have a RES file for all maps. The "Crash" leaves HLDS running (no auto-restart, damn!) but makes the entire system sluggish, too sluggist to make evan a Remote Desktop Connection (Pain in the ass!, though if i leave a connection open it still keeps it alive, o i can simply close hlds and let the auto-restarter take over....)

Server Specs:
AMD Athalon 750MHz Processor (Thunderbird Core)
AOpen AK-72 Motherboard
256MB PC133 RAM (Crucial Brand RAM)
Windows XP Professional

Mr. Chris
27-02-2002, 10:41 PM
sounds that play randomly (like bob-o's) really suck. It's more of an annoyance rather than a feature

djmrmagic
28-02-2002, 04:02 AM
Not a cure for the sluggishness, but you could run server doc to restart the machine. Then if it goes slow, rcon into server and type rcon exit

THat will shut down server, then serverdoc will restart it.

Ivan Girderboot
28-02-2002, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Chris
sounds that play randomly (like bob-o's) really suck. It's more of an annoyance rather than a feature

The sounds dont play randomly, there triggered when people type a specific keyword.

Also, my server restarting mchinism IS serverdoc :-) , but HLDS is too sluggish to rcon--I cant even type QUIT at the console itselft, it in effect crashed, but simply stayes open and slowes everything down.

djmrmagic
28-02-2002, 11:59 AM
Have you recompiled the plugin with the new adminmod or using the old .amx file??
There were some segnificant upgrades with the new version of adminmod. It might not work 100% with the new adminmod even if you do recompile.

Ivan Girderboot
05-03-2002, 04:43 PM
Well, I Re-Compiled the plugins...the consgreet wont recomile, oddly, but that dosent seem to be a problem. the server is now pretty stable...thanks for the suggestions!

djmrmagic
05-03-2002, 06:05 PM
Yes I also had trouble compiling the consgreet plugin. The old .amx file work though.

Im not aocder so I dont know what the problem is. Ill email the author of the plugin and see if he can work something out