PDA

View Full Version : Wat do you think the Hev Suit looked like b4 mk4?

Honking Donkey
02-03-2002, 05:34 PM
so what do u guys think were the standard features of the older hev models?

Heres what i think:
Full body suit
Inaccurate health and ammo counters
Very little space for weaponry
shield has not been developed yet
flashlight was weaker.

So how bout you guys?

(please dont let this become a spam fest, for the luv of god nobody put things like "cheese grater or somthing)

EDIT: Dammit i put da topic on the rong place can you kindly move it to gaming plz, thanx

Dutchtux
02-03-2002, 05:48 PM
Well I know one thing if you look up of the Suit.
There Valve writen.
Maybe this is off-topic.

Dig
02-03-2002, 07:33 PM
I enclosed a picture of what i think the suits would have been before.

This would mabye be a good idea for a map. You are testing out the H.E.V suits, and get teleported to xen. Then you get stranded with low-quality H.E.V suits and you have to teleport out to another government teleport base...for the military of course :)

Macros
02-03-2002, 09:54 PM
where's this picture?

Hmmmm, well I'm thinking that maybe Mark 1 was heavy, hard to manuever, and didn't support weapon systems. I think this because scientists are always naive until they get totally ripped. They may have just used it for exploration and protection from elements.

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
02-03-2002, 11:26 PM
well would depend on wat TYPE of hev u suit u talking aboot. scientists and ppl already have hev suits and so on to protect them from when working with diseases and so on.
but i think u would be talking about the haz electronic hl suit

Dig
03-03-2002, 07:05 AM
Picture Deleted

Macros
04-03-2002, 03:28 AM
it has a ring of truth to it..... kind of. I especially like that "I love Jesus, he will protect me!" T-shirt.

NYPD SWAT Robot
06-03-2002, 05:28 PM
I am Catholic. You have been reported. Have a nice day.
<SUBJECT: DIG-terminated>

Sankis
06-03-2002, 06:19 PM
Dig, your picture wasn't appropriate and has been deleted.

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
06-03-2002, 06:42 PM
ohhhhhh, teh mean moderator lives up to ur name.

the hev suit before dis day would have been errr ummm exactly as it was now cos they were prototypes and would not be allowed to be past onto personal without going through full testing and health and saftey.

NYPD SWAT Robot
06-03-2002, 10:21 PM
Anyway the old HEV suits were the big white ones that make you look like the Pilslbury Dough Boy but they were probably uglier, with exposed wiring, etc. and robots were used before - like mini versions of the one you see on the tram in the intro
more that the suit because it was too dangerous for a test suit

Iron Chef
08-03-2002, 10:15 AM
i probably think the earlier version of the hev suit were the armor your character wears in halo. that thing had health counters that u hardly noticed, crosshairs that are friggin hard to see, and only enough space for 2 damn weapons! the guys who made that hev suit said it would be more realistic if they put enough space for only 2 weapons... BAH, i bet those guys invented reloading too, FOOLS!

Honking Donkey
09-03-2002, 02:41 PM
Iron Chef, you lost me.....

koelzk
10-03-2002, 10:21 AM
Does anyone know robotron electronic devices?

Once upon a time in former GDR we had a robotron radio, it was a big box, it was ugly and the sound was totally shit.

So the old HEV could be also a ugly suit in box-shape , the HEV vox sounds could be like the electronic computer voice in these programs for blind people. The suit has some form of Windows OS ionstalled and crashes sometimes with a blue screen :D At least it could have a energy level, which is used for quick movement. So you could only move very qwuickly and jump for a short time and then you would have to wait until the energy recovers.

AntiBlockerzGrunt
10-03-2002, 11:52 AM
It simply looked like a raincoat with a "H.E.V." engraved wooden sign hung on it. 1 thing about it that makes it feel more than just a raincoat is its "seemingly unbreakable" plastic, rubber and polyester-combined texture. But in reality they tear apart when even a single 9mm bullet hit onto it or when a drip of radioactive goo hits onto it.

Black Cat
11-03-2002, 05:03 AM
Maybe it wasn't even a suit.

Maybe it was something like a deep sea submarine, but with treads, then they made it smaller.