PDA

View Full Version : mr magic!!!!!!!

bogus
03-03-2002, 03:30 AM
i went on 2 of your servers and they found a cheat. a long time ago my friend whos half-life broke asked if he could install a mod and he installed a couple of cheats i dont use them and after i got banned i deleted all of that crap.:mad: but i still cant play and any idiot who wants to cheat in sc is a dumb*ss. please take me off my name is Bogus and the date was march 3rd 2002

Dudda
03-03-2002, 06:16 AM
PM mrmagic with ur won id

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
03-03-2002, 07:00 AM
i say, live with ur consquences. u should`t have cheated in the first place so :p

(GIT)r-man
03-03-2002, 07:13 AM
If he removes you from the banned list and you try and join again you will just get banned again due to the automatic cheat detection software finding exactly what it found before...
(OGC cheats change hl.dll so uninstalling it will still leave the evidence)

Mr_Magic won't remove the cheat detection software for you, so your only option is uninstall Half-Life, defrag your hard drive , then reinstall everything...
If this dosn't get rid of it then I'm afraid your only other option is reformat and reinstall windows...

djmrmagic
03-03-2002, 08:07 AM
Rman and Dudda are right.
Im in a good mood today, so PM me your won ID and ill unban you.
But Rman is right, if you dont delete the cheat software you will get banned again. I suggest you delete this before you join my servers again. I wont take it off after people threating to crash the server with it.

If you are having trouble deleting it, PM me and well go through it together.

Basic Beecicchi
03-03-2002, 08:46 AM
Excuse me for going off-topic, but what CAN be cheated from SC that needs an authentication check?

(GIT)r-man
03-03-2002, 09:03 AM
options in the cheat software to kick players, crash the server, run scripts on other peoples computers using the server's access...
It's pretty dire what these cheats can do...

Basic Beecicchi
03-03-2002, 10:18 AM
You're saying those crash scripts from Blanco and Company from 1.9 never got fixed?

(GIT)r-man
03-03-2002, 10:43 AM
Nah...there are different scripts that hack in to servers running admin-mod and exploit it to their advantage...
and new ones that can flood any HL server by hacking into the server/client protocol

As far as I know there're allways new scripts being written that avoid detetection, so server side cheat detection software is allways being updated...

Darthr
04-03-2002, 11:56 AM
I've seen numerous people able to walk around in spectator mode in game and still be able to play the game normally. What I mean by this is they are able to fly, pass through solid objects as if they are not there and still kill monsters. Yes I realize this is an old hack but it still ruins the game for those who don' t cheat and it has been on the uprise.

Dutchtux
05-03-2002, 09:19 AM
I know you can get my IP,WOnID.
But that looking at HD makes me think that SC or HL have no security. :(
But I have not realy problem that you look if I got cheat software because I dont have them. :D

DAN200
12-03-2002, 04:05 PM
yer, that worried me at fist, but i dont think its QUITE likle that.

djmrmagic
13-03-2002, 04:35 AM
As I see it, and I might be wrong, but it doesnt look at all your files. it looks for particular files on your hd in particular places.
ie C:\windows\xxxx.exe

It doesnt just scan your entire HD.

To be honest its not doing anything ANYONE runing adminmod couldn't do from the console anyway. Remember Bob-os script that mucked up your binds etc.

The only way to be really safe is not to join servers running adminmod.

Zuron
16-03-2002, 02:46 PM
What the hell!!
I got kicked from mrmagic's for having "OGC 5.0" having installed to my comp.
I dont even know what it is! wtf! I dont even have such a thing installed?
It is some kind of a cheat I think, but I do not have any cheats, not more or less than this OGC.
What the fuck do cheats help in SC anyways? And I think it sucks to search my HD like that!

Shame on you!

djmrmagic
16-03-2002, 03:05 PM
Zuron, check your PMs

EvilPentaPenguin
16-03-2002, 11:18 PM
Zuron, I have know idea what that thing u say got u kicked out is but..

The reason they do this is, even though cheating is pitiful and sometimes there's no point in using them cuz they're almost useless at times, there are people out there that are stupid enough they use cheats and they need to get banned from the servers, especially ones as important as Mr. Magic's.

Sry for your problem, but there IS a reason for all of this and if you don't like it, go tell your problems to the cheaters themselves. They're the reason we need stuff like that.

Dude
17-03-2002, 06:39 AM
Yes,I know im evil for going there,but I heard from a friend there was some sort of cheat scanner on ***** (no im not linking to it,just referring is bad enough). It worked pretty good,it just scanned and asked if i wanted to delete the cheats. (FYI,I was testing them on MY server)

MutantMFM
17-03-2002, 09:50 AM
Just get rid of it and I know it was not you because you said it but steer away from cheat they are stupid and make the game less fun.

Nemesis6
17-03-2002, 10:23 AM
Will cheaters get permi banned when exposed ?

EvilPentaPenguin
17-03-2002, 11:03 AM
I'm pretty sure it's a permanent ban.

Dude
17-03-2002, 01:13 PM
Yup,its just pops up to console and says "You have been banned permanently by the server op"

Lymphoid
27-03-2002, 04:26 PM
But I still dont know what you did?

WarpZone
28-03-2002, 05:46 AM
On a completely unrelated note, but this still has to do with Mr. Magic's server... how come we're allowed to say "damn" on that particular server, but not "jew?" There was some guy playing with the handle "SuperJew" today, and I think maybe he actually was just jewish and proud of it, and it kept changing his name to something generic. I'd think that would be real annoying if it were me! I mean, I hate idiots who use the "y" key for nothing but cussing as much as the next guy, but at what point did a religion/ethnic background become censorable just because some people use it as slang for "cheater?" :(

djmrmagic
28-03-2002, 05:20 PM
It hasnt, im jus too lazy to look through the word list.

WarpZone
28-03-2002, 07:59 PM
Bah! Come on, Mr. Magic! We respect your server as "one of the good ones!" And quality mappers like BMT are so gosh darn proud to have their maps (like, in this case, Incoming!) in your map rotation. Couldn't you go a tiny step further and secure your title of server god by looking through a txt file real quick and making inteligent decisions? =)

Pleeeeeeease? :)

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
28-03-2002, 08:05 PM
i`am sure i wasn`t allowed to say beaver on nice and cozy ounce.

djmrmagic
29-03-2002, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by WarpZone
Bah! Come on, Mr. Magic! :( :( :(

We respect your server as "one of the good ones!" And quality mappers like BMT are so gosh darn proud to have their maps (like, in this case, Incoming!) in your map rotation. Couldn't you go a tiny step further and secure your title of server god :) :) :)

by looking through a txt file real quick and making inteligent decisions? =) ---- Consider it done after ive had some tea and toast!!

WarpZone
29-03-2002, 05:40 PM
Actually, I looked for Incoming! on the Cozy server the other day, and I couldn't find it. There were only like 5 maps... aren't you running it anymore? Also, if you're going to run SvenCoopRPG, fer the love of god, don't override the CFG file! Some maps just weren't meant to be played with mp_weaponstay set to 0! :(

WarpZone
29-03-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by {DoA}DrunkMonkey
i`am sure i wasn`t allowed to say beaver on nice and cozy ounce.

Yup. Can't say "drugs," "gay," or "pussy" either, which would be fine if these words didn't have innocent alternate meanings. (medicine, happy, and kitten, respectively.) And I suppose the same argument I made for "jew" could be applied to "gay."

Nemesis6
29-03-2002, 07:07 PM
a little strange that you can't say "Glass" isn't it ?

djmrmagic
29-03-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by WarpZone
Actually, I looked for Incoming! on the Cozy server the other day, and I couldn't find it. There were only like 5 maps... aren't you running it anymore?

Yup I am most def!!! It should be in the mapvoe.cfg file so vote away.

Also, if you're going to run SvenCoopRPG, fer the love of god, don't override the CFG file! Some maps just weren't meant to be played with mp_weaponstay set to 0! :(
Havent touched the .cfgs for the maps - so it should be there still.

DAN200
31-03-2002, 03:57 AM
MrMagic, can you return the mapvote.cfg to the big long list of all maps it used to be as opposed to the 5 or 6 we ussually have, im sick of having to do it in the console....

(GIT)r-man
31-03-2002, 06:27 AM
Hey, look on the bright side Dan...it restricts newbie's ability to abuse the mapvote system....
If they want a map that isn't in the menu they have to ask a regular in the know ;)

DAN200
31-03-2002, 06:34 AM
heh, true, but then thats hardly democratic is it? ;)

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
31-03-2002, 08:29 AM
most servers are run in a dictatorship anyway.
they think,
IF YA DON`T LIKE IT F OFF!!
or rather, thats kinda like SHELL.

puff the magic dog
31-03-2002, 02:51 PM
i say BURN ALL NEWBIE
baa newbies make me sick
if i wasnt the leader of ECSS then id call my self n00b Eater
i say we should have a no newbie feast where only people who have played and are good can play!!

(mabye a little insane) puff

Dude
31-03-2002, 03:01 PM
Whoa is me,Whoa is me
I wish people would check their grammaer nad schpellings
Beascuse i r doent lieking posts thart arr liek speeegsling baed!¿

Lymphoid
31-03-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Dude
Whoa is me,Whoa is me
I wish people would check their grammaer nad schpellings
Beascuse i r doent lieking posts thart arr liek speeegsling baed!¿
How did you make that upsides-down question mark???

(GIT)r-man
31-03-2002, 04:30 PM
I have no idea :D

§ ¤ ¼ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ © ® ª

djmrmagic
31-03-2002, 05:09 PM
I was thinking about putting the maps back anyhow. Ill do it later. It will only be the good maps though.

Well and that is my personal opinion of good.

Dude
31-03-2002, 06:07 PM
Well,since R-Man is a meany,its ACII code (Ima find a site with a table on it to explain)
Just press ALT (hold it down) then on the keypad press 0191
Then release,and BAM you got your ¿

Found it,this doesnt have all of them i dont think,but here (make sure you put your 0's in front of the #'s [Ex:ALT+0009,ALT+0012,ALT+0191])
This is the table (http://www.bbsinc.com/symbol.html)

(GIT)r-man
31-03-2002, 06:26 PM
Who's mean?

just type the code and it's automatically translated into the symbol...
for example & frac12 ; without a space between the & and f and 2 and the ; comes out as ½ (click on edit the post to see what I mean....

WarpZone
10-04-2002, 03:01 AM
Sorry for posting an on-topic reply, but I was in Nice and Cosey the other day, and I could say Jew and Gay! WOOT! Thanks Mr. Magic! You kick ass! Perhaps I shall partake of soulfull house just to see what it's like, I'm so grateful. =)

Also, kudos for adding GManTowers to the regular map cycle! =) Now if we could just resolve the little problem of our gut_reaction maps differing, your server would be *perfect!*

Dude
10-04-2002, 02:49 PM
½ ?
Dunno if it works.lemme see

Yay it does...w00t w00t

DAN200
10-04-2002, 04:12 PM
Also, kudos for adding GManTowers to the regular map cycle! =)

Oh boy oh boy oh boy this is fun! I swear its the only map i ever get the oportunity to play now, in fact the other day it was Gmantowers (which i made), Infiltrate (which i helped make) Gmantowers Infiltrate Gmantowers Infiltrate Gmantowers Infiltrate Gmantowers Infiltrate Gmantowers Infiltrate Gmantowers Infiltrate Gmantowers Infiltrate Gmantowers Infiltrate Gmantowers Infiltrate..... everything else got voted out of!!!!

Anyway what was I saying, yes, i found that when i played it eatlier killnpc was set to 1 (or is that 0?) and all the evil barnies were invunerable!!

WarpZone
11-04-2002, 08:41 AM
WOAH! That's a definite problem... and to think I let the subject drop in the suggestions forum... it should only count if the NPC in question is "not evil." :(

DAN200
11-04-2002, 01:37 PM
well it only happened once, it was fine the rest of the time, but it was actually quiet fun while it lasted, running through a gaunlet of evil barneys.