PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain me the techno stuff

Honking Donkey
17-03-2002, 03:26 AM
I dont know where i have to post this, its not a computer prob so i assume(of coarse there is alot of space to fuck up on an assumption) that its goes of topic

Im not puter savvy and sushi is an asshole that dosnt even want to tell the insides of a puter and wat it does to his own brother so uhhh can someone tell me what the stuff is, specially how to make it go faster

Black Cat
17-03-2002, 05:07 AM
Use English-E-N-G-L-I-S-H.

What part of the computer r u talking about?

Sven Viking
17-03-2002, 06:30 AM
In most cases, the only simple and reliable way to make your computer go faster is to buy new, faster parts for it, I'm afraid.

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
17-03-2002, 09:40 AM
the main bit of the inside of a puter is the CPU Central Proccesing Unit. it does all the calculations about everything that ever goes on in ur puter, if u want an upgrade then get a better one of these the bigger da better. a 1 gigahertz cpu will make ur puter go SPEEDLY fast.

next most important bit if probably ummmmm the memory possibley and it jus keeps lumps of data that will be cleaned every time u shut down.

next would errrr ummmm well games wise a graphics card would be important, it will make it look good and make it go faster sometimes.

then ummmmm the sound card. self explanitry.

ummmmm can`t think of anything else, oh yea and theirs lots of little wires and IDE cables.

but for faster stuff then, buy a new CPU a Athlon 1.7 gighertz will do, i got one and everything goes WEEEEEEE fast :D i get a constant 60 - 70 frames per second on hl, even with my old voodoo 3 graphics card. and the 1.7 athlons are quite cheap at the moment.

Lord Booga
17-03-2002, 09:58 AM
Sorry DM, but nowadays the CPU isn't the most important bit :)

A 2ghz CPU is no good if you're running with 64mb of ram and a lousy hard drive, combined with a crappy mobo...

Anything over about 1.2-1.4 ghz is worthless.. i can't possibly imagine ANYTHING that needs that much CPU power...

The more ram the merrier :)

Fast HD will help - things get loaded faster... and possibly less often...

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
17-03-2002, 10:44 AM
ACTUALLY boogs, i think the CPU would be the most important, it does a lot more stuff and more things than any of the other stuff.

and anyway, its nearly impossible to buy such a lousy and crap RAM and hd`s nowadays.

and anyway, big cpu`s make up for crap other piecies of hardware.

why wouldn`t u want a cpu over 1.2 giglahertz anyway, it makes everything run smoooooth, hl goes speedly quick, and all other stuff goes very fast and looks great.

the most fasted CPU`s in the world are used by the USA to test the effects of a nuke but virtuallty so they don`t need to ACTUALLY blow up stuff.

Malek
17-03-2002, 12:31 PM
Both are equally important. Left hand, right hand sorta thing.

Sankis
17-03-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Black Cat
Use English-E-N-G-L-I-S-H.

What part of the computer r u talking about?

Anyone else find that funny?

Hezus
17-03-2002, 01:48 PM
Lol Sanksis.

OnTopic :

I`m used to overclock everything :). It really helps allot. Got a Voodoo 2 on 125 Mhz, speeding op the Bus speed of your PC helps too, mostely you can simply modify it in the bios setup. Too bad is when you have multiplier locks. :(

Sankis
17-03-2002, 03:19 PM
Dont attempt to Overclock anything if you don't have enough fans, btw.

Honking Donkey
17-03-2002, 03:24 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what? i dont understand anythin im still lost

NYPD SWAT Robot
22-03-2002, 01:06 AM
OK: all u need to know is to avoid Steve "Dude yer getting a dell" and build your own PC. Subscribe to a newsgroup

KillJoy
22-03-2002, 04:38 AM
Hey SWAT, he is a CONSOLE gamer;) So go easy on him..

Look up Computer+upgrading+learning+help;)