PDA

View Full Version : Can't make a server...

iZe_Dawg
19-03-2002, 07:48 AM
Hi everybody..

Got a prob with making a HLServer...

I have not installed the normal HL, but a server tweak (HLServer). When i install SvenCoop on the server, it says its not a correct directory, and the install probably doesnt work.

- And it doesnt! Why not? Please help me!

djmrmagic
19-03-2002, 09:24 AM
Right start from scratch,
Uninstall the old one!!!!
Then; *take deep breath*

Find the server program and double click it. Click “next” at the welcome screen. “I agree” at the EULA. “Next” at the readme page. Now we are at the install destination screen. Click “Browse”, leave the folder name as HLSERVER but change the drive letter to your newly formatted drive ie E:\, then click “OK”, now click “next”, click “next” and the files will copy to your HD. Once finished click on “next” then “Finish”

Find your svencoop executable and double click it. Click on the dialog. Click next at the readme page, and again at the next text page (AFTER READING IT FIRST!!). Click “yes” at the disclaimer. Now the install programme should find your server directory. If it does not, then manually navigate to it. You only need to go to the server root, ie E:\HLSERVER, then click “Next” You will get a message saying that this is not your halflife folder, do not worry its trying to find hl.exe (ie the normal game install), just click “Yes” Then click “yes” to the really really sure message. You might get a message that your using a old version of HL, just click “OK” then close the browser window. Now the files will install! For now, when asked, click on the “Install without single player map support” then “Next” Then click “Close”

Right now its installed!

Make a shortcut to the HLDS.exe
Edit shortcut, at the end of the target line put -game svencoop

THATS IT!!!

iZe_Dawg
19-03-2002, 11:15 AM
Hey...

I saw you on my server today! "Clan [TgC]public server #1" :D

djmrmagic
19-03-2002, 12:15 PM
Umm sorry, not me. Ive been at work all day.
A imposter!
Check his WON id

Allthough I do go into other servers a bit. Normally between 10pm-12pm GMT

Like to relax a bit in other servers.