PDA

View Full Version : Moving Spawns/Telefragging..

lenin
04-09-2001, 01:53 PM
Hola, kiddies. I'm just posting here to ask about why the player spawn entities have no adjustable settings. I'm used to mapping in TFC, where you can set a respawn to be destroyed after usage, or only be used when a certain goal is set, etc. Why isn't this in Svencoop? The reason I ask is that if you could set certain respawns to activate when a goal is set, it'd make a lot of maps more fun. It's annoying as hell when playing grunts that when you die you have to spawn right at the very beginning, right? And most maps only have one or two shortcuts.

On the topic of respawns, why is it that in so many maps, there's such horrid telefragging? The authors only make 4 spawnpoints in a small crowded room. They could at least make the starting rooms larger.. Or maybe servers just need to start holding less people. But whatever.

Bye!

DeathBog
04-09-2001, 06:46 PM
They were going to add a way to have a 'master' function for info_player_deathmatch, but I guess it was lost in the shuffle. Maybe the next version!
After my first map which was telefrag city, I have made it a point to have large spawn chambers

Sven Viking
04-09-2001, 08:27 PM
2.0 spawnpoints can be triggered on and off, and have a "Start Off" option. There's also a trigger_respawn... so you can 'teleport' everyone on a map by switching on new spawnpoints, switching off the old spawnpoints, then respawning thep layers (they keep their weapons/health/ammo/armour).