PDA

View Full Version : Remember when this used to be fun?

Mad Gonesy
31-03-2002, 09:24 AM
I'm going to skip the introduction and get to the point. What the hell is with the forum posters, moderators et al and the infighting thats going on in various channels at the moment?

To be honest, you all take this too seriously, more seriously than the mod team, me, or even Sven. We're perfectly happy doing this for the sake of relaxation and fun, not to build up our own ego's. Anyone who's talked to me on any of the chat channels know that I don't give a damn what other people think of me or what other people should think of me. I'm in it to work on the mod. Thats it.

It ends. Right here. Right now. I'm probably pulling a 'first person..' here again but I will ban anyone that looks like they're going to try to pull the community apart. The people who have worked for this mod have built this up over year's, we own this forum. We are not going to let one or two groups of people who take this whole thing a lot more seriously than it is, destroy a perfectly nice place to post and a community over a few personal issues. This is not your warzone, you and your arguements are a running joke, and you need to sort out your problems for yourself before you unleash them on a perfectly happy group of people.

Maybe I've been shooting the wrong people all along. Maybe instead of tackling the spammers or the people that post dodgy links. I should have been tackling the people that yell, scream, and demand moderator action, they're the ones that haven't got the forum and the community in perspective. Its just a mod for a game and the people that post here as a whole are a hell of a lot more important than that.

I've been responsable for building up more than my fair share of Ego's in other people, either by bringing them to power or complimenting them, and I'm so sorry for that. There are a lot of talented and nice people in this community and as soon as they lose the plot in regards to the big scheme of things, they're not so nice anymore. Whatever your problem with someone on here you don't really know, it isn't our problem and by exposing the community to it, you're just degrading it and turning yourself into a greater caricature.

Flame me, ridicule me, please, prove my point. Save's me typing any more on a subject I'd rather not get involved in any more.

Creeps
31-03-2002, 09:59 AM
I fully agree with you! I couldnt have said it any better myself (no im not trying to kiss MJ's ass).

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
31-03-2002, 10:00 AM
so basically, or at least a little of wat ur saying IS.

its urs and u can do wat u want with it, but jus be nice to it cos we own it! so jus use it don`t abuse it and everyone will be ok. kinda...

Creeps
31-03-2002, 10:03 AM
he's saying: Dont fuck up the community with flames, fights, and other bad stuff.
and yes, they are in control, wether you like it or not, but that control wont get abused!

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
31-03-2002, 10:07 AM
hmmmmm, rigthyo then...

well hes saying this to the majorty of the forumgoers and only the minorty kinda f it up.

Turrican
31-03-2002, 10:12 AM
Hes saying exactly what hes saying in his post... its not a riddle.

60 Megabyte File
31-03-2002, 12:01 PM
I agree Jonesy. I always try and be nice at my school, home, and with my friends but nobody appreciates me for alot of things that I do...i'm just made fun of or yelled at, and it really pisses me off. Just remember that there are people in this forum that agree with you.

Static-X_Solja
31-03-2002, 01:22 PM
like i said before, the whole thing sounded stupid...

NYPD SWAT Robot
31-03-2002, 03:47 PM
He has a point.

Slidje
31-03-2002, 11:41 PM
yes . i feel im deeply ivolved with this channel war thats goin on .
its like your parents are getting divorced or something .
it really does amaze me how seriously this whole thing is taken .
im trying to help but you got people struggling for their own independance trying to make a name for themselves .
dragging the basic bee irc channel into the forums by lord vanidator was the lowest thing ive seen happen on these forums .
it partly lost sankis his position as a moderator and led to whats happening now .

Basic Beecicchi
01-04-2002, 12:32 AM
Hey......uhm.

You DO realize i planned all of this as an April Fool's Joke......right?

[If you all want to follow thru with it, be my guest.]

Slidje
01-04-2002, 12:38 AM
not funny

Turrican
01-04-2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Slidje
im trying to help but you got people struggling for their own independance trying to make a name for themselves .

I wish people would stop saying that about my IRC channel!!! I made it before the fecking split.