PDA

View Full Version : Half-LIfe 2 interveiw... More than you ever expected out of a game!!!!

Static-X_Solja
01-04-2002, 03:10 AM
Wow... Lets just say with Billy Bob Thorton as Gordon freemans voice and Kevin Spacey as g-man (i think) and soundtracks from Rage against the machine Snoop dogg and others... Half-life 2 sounds more like a movie than a PC game. Theyr using the quake 3 engine and they say new physics (similar to what well see in Soldier of Fortune 2) are gonna blow EVERYONES MINDS! If you thought Half-Life 2 was just gonna be a sequel, think again, theyre adding a new chapter to the whole plot, apperntly from what i have read G-Man hires Gordon as an assassin... You also get to play the aliens side of the whole Black Mesa incident which Gearbox was supposed to realese after blue shift and opposing force... Well, if i havent hyped you all up enuf, heeres the damn link... what are you waiting for!? GO READ IT!!!

In closing (with the link) Half-Life 2 will change the way people look at FPS FOR EVER!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D http://www.modxtreme.com/reviews/hl2.shtml

Lord Booga
01-04-2002, 03:25 AM
That article looks like a complete load of bull sh*t.

I think it is just someone pretending to be from Valve and spouting a bunch of rubbish.

Turrican
01-04-2002, 03:48 AM
Wouldnt be the first time. Lets try to be optomistic though!

GhostBabble
01-04-2002, 04:34 AM
If the guys email ended with @valve.com or @gearbox.com it would be more beliveable, but noo, it ended with @hotmail.com. Anyone could setup a hotmail accounts + that alien thing, isnt it a bonus mission in the PS2 version of HL? Where u can play as an alien slave?
and actors...i dont think so, animation is cheaper and more flexible + it would look weird if the game suddenly went into a movie with real people acting after playing in an animated environment (imagine playing worms 2 and a cutscene played by real earthworms played)

+ I doubt that valve would be so closed on the discription, screenshots ect......

60 Megabyte File
01-04-2002, 12:09 PM
Well, if it is true. I will be the first to reserve it :)

[WARP]Blue_Bomber
01-04-2002, 12:30 PM
It really looks like a big hoax to me :D If you remember correctly, PHL had an april fools thing like this a couple years ago.....

Static-X_Solja
01-04-2002, 01:09 PM
I was thinkin all that too, but what the hell, im hopin it aint a big hoax

EDIT-Also, GTA3 had a shit load of actors playing the guys from the italian mob and they even had real groups playing the music you hear on the radio... Think about it...

Lord Booga
01-04-2002, 01:13 PM
If you look at the list of people who work at Valve on the valve website... there is noone there with the name of the supposed valve employee.

Edit:

The way the game was described in that interview was horrible. I would never want that to happen to Half-Life.

BMT
03-04-2002, 11:26 AM
Bull Shite!

NYPD SWAT Robot
04-04-2002, 07:46 PM
Must be a lefotover April Fool's joke.
Sounds more like Diablo 2 than a FPS.
With all due respect to Cypress, don't post news on April 1
Being an Alien is nice, but I believe it is wishful thinking.
Valve would NEVER reveal that much info on a game.

They are trying to please everyone which can be disastrous- they try so much to please everyone and end up pleasing no-one.
But I just don't believe it
However, I must quote BMTwigzta for my opinion of this story-
Bull Shite!

If that acutally came out I'd think of buying something else.

Lt.Kjilgore
04-04-2002, 09:24 PM
VALVe haven't even confirmed that there is going to be a HL2.

This news article was posted on April 1st. Let it go...

Static-X_Solja
04-04-2002, 10:02 PM
just tried to see who would fall for it:rolleyes:

Malek
04-04-2002, 11:15 PM
Truth be told, a half-life 2 is planned to come out. Unless the Babbage's Database is lying... unsure.

(I saw the entry in there a while back... along with another expansion coming out but I forgot the name of it...)

Mr. Chris
05-04-2002, 04:58 AM
Sounds fake to me...

Beh can't sleep >_<

Static-X_Solja
05-04-2002, 12:10 PM
VALVe would retarded not to realease a sequal to a game that brought them game of the year for over 2 years in a row even after the engine and graphix have been majorly outdated... I mean seriously... Its like having an oppurtunity to bring millions of dollers in to your company and NOT doing a thing about it to gain all that money... (BY THE WAY tha friggin link is an april fools joke so chill people chill):p

Ike_Brovlofski
05-04-2002, 04:50 PM
I DID get some real information about halflife2 from a dutch gamesmagazine (named Power Unlimited if ya wanted to know).
It was in the review of Global operations.
In a little interview the global op. guy said that they were close buddys with valve, because some of them used to work for them.
He says(translated from dutch to english): Half-Life 2 is under construction and is becomming quite a special game.
The story is happening about 15 years after the original game. But it's very different then you would think.

He didnt say anything more about hl2.
I think this is some real info.

BMT
05-04-2002, 08:19 PM
in all honesty i don't think they need or will release a sequel.. Valve are known for originality, so either they'll bring out yet another expansion pack (something like what we've seen on the PS2 HL) where you control an alien or they'll focus on other games that adapt the engine (TF2?)

NYPD SWAT Robot
05-04-2002, 10:21 PM
I think HL BADLY needs a sequel- like Gordon, Shephard, Calhoun uniting aganst the G Man for trapping them in the zone of nothingness for so long... or something like taht

Macros
05-04-2002, 10:44 PM
A sequel to HL, whether it's needed or not will be demanded the gaming community. The game was too big, it sold too much.

Give the crowd what it wants, I say!
(and couldn't it be possible that Gordon and Sheppard team up?)

NYPD SWAT Robot
05-04-2002, 10:50 PM
sequel idea-

the G-man kept them in the black zone for too long, and they wake up when Earth is in a horrible civil war (in 3026), and Xen Aliens show up again for a massive infestation...

Macros
05-04-2002, 10:56 PM
This wouldnt have anytrhing to do with your namesake would it? SWAT robots saving the day and all that shit?

NYPD SWAT Robot
05-04-2002, 10:59 PM
Again, I am attacked and hurt by someone's comments

<arm is blown off> ENGINEER!

NO IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY NAME!

Macros
05-04-2002, 11:06 PM
okay, replace "all that shit" with "all that stuff". It was not intended to be offensive (although it looks highly suspect in retrospect) so don't take it to heart. What I wouldn't like about the 3026 sequel is that all moderm firearms would probably be replaced by lasers. Lasers are frustrating.

NYPD SWAT Robot
05-04-2002, 11:07 PM
Like I said

IDEA- I do not work at VALVe, these are just dreams

Phx
05-04-2002, 11:17 PM
:wtf:
I think that the future thing would get to far away from the HL feel.

NYPD SWAT Robot
05-04-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by NYPD SWAT Robot
Like I said

IDEA- I do not work at VALVe, these are just dreams

OMG I am quoting myself

ITS JUST AN IDEA

Macros
05-04-2002, 11:38 PM
And we were telling you what we thought of your IDEA. I thought that was what you wanted...

NYPD SWAT Robot
05-04-2002, 11:45 PM
not necesarily