PDA

View Full Version : The Infamous Room Of Nothingness

Shadow Eliminator
03-04-2002, 07:56 PM
I didn't know where to post this so in the end I decided to post in Off Topic. If you want someone can move it. Anyway, I was 'noclipping' around the Opening Half Life area when your going around in the train thing. looking at the Architecture, some inspiration.. And I went out of the level boundries into the void and a saw this room, it appears to have nothing in it. I dunno what it is.... take a look for yourselves. Any ideas? It appears to be. "A big room of nothingness". someone can DR this if they want. I was just curious :rolleyes:

CkDead
03-04-2002, 08:19 PM
For those of us who CANT SEE THROUGHT COMPLETE DARKNESS.......

NYPD SWAT Robot
03-04-2002, 08:25 PM
I found one in Quake 2 once.

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
03-04-2002, 08:52 PM
hmmmm, interesting.
why jus look at that.
i`d kill to get one of these blood samples under a microsco...
SORRY!
mabye it WAS gonna be used for something but never was, OR they were jus fooling around, OR! it was a small test of some sort.

Slidje
03-04-2002, 09:00 PM
or all the entities from the level are stored there till the player can see them in the train ride .

No_one_you_no
03-04-2002, 09:10 PM
maybe it was a room created to make confusion? :rolleyes:

Honking Donkey
03-04-2002, 09:39 PM
some info time:

Sierra has been known to make some "start" areas in their games, in games such as tribes, they show a small block in a very desolate part of the map and show an area which represents the area that this particular map was started. This area shows where the map/chapter was started. If you go into da op4 training room and noclip, u will see another empty area which has numbers representing that this area was the start of the map

Phx
03-04-2002, 09:46 PM
To lock or not to lock...
If I remember those rooms are for lighting porposes something to do with trains(the train in HL, the cargo truck in the first OP4 training map)
EDIT: Oh and BTW guys I hope you all read r-man's post about attachments.

Commando
04-04-2002, 03:46 AM
These are rooms for lighting trains. They are placed here in worldcraft and then when compiled the lighting lights them as if they were in this room. Then as soon as the map loads the train goes to its very first track point.

These rooms allow you to control the lighting on the train.