PDA

View Full Version : ...more dumb questions

MrOrange
05-04-2002, 02:31 PM
Ok here's a couple more for ya...

When running a server via running a normal game then select create server then click the dedicated server box...

Ok so now you know the setup...so,

What is the command to stop d*ckh*ads pausing the server whilst the game is running...(i pressume i insert whatever command into the server.cfg)

Next one...

Do i need to specify somewhere that i would like detailed logging of who does what - or is it done automaticaly? In which case what and where is the file?

...and finaly...

I know you can ban users via their won id, but where and what is the file called ?

Thanks again guys - appreciate your patience with these newbie questions...

:rolleyes:

DAN200
07-04-2002, 11:26 AM
"pausable 0"

why oh why is that on by default?

MrOrange
07-04-2002, 11:49 AM
Thanks Dan - bung it in the server.cfg?

Crazy Canadian
07-04-2002, 12:20 PM
I think there's either an adminmod option or server option for logging. Not sure which but I know there is since CS and TFC have stat programs ( which use log files to create online stats )

djmrmagic
07-04-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by MrOrange
Do i need to specify somewhere that i would like detailed logging of who does what - or is it done automaticaly? In which case what and where is the file?

In your server.cfg put
log on (turns on logging) then you have a few commands, play with them and see whats best for you.

mp_logfile 1/0
mp_logecho 1/0
mp_logecho 1/0
mp_logmessages 1/0
sv_log_monster_kills 1/0
sv_player_log_frequency 1/0
sv_log_monster_deaths 1/0

Originally posted by MrOrange

I know you can ban users via their won id, but where and what is the file called ?

When you ban make sure you then do a writeid
Once done yourl have a banned.cfg in your mod directory
Then you need to put this line in your autoexec.cfg
exe banned.cfg

MrOrange
08-04-2002, 08:50 AM
Thanks for your help guys! I cant wait to get out of here and get back home to fiddle with me server :) Kewl!

MrOrange
09-04-2002, 02:04 PM
Ya ! Server up and running - the way it should be, none of this load the game, select play sven coop, select internet game, select create game, click Dedicated server box, blah blah blah...

No auto aim
No pausing
Admin mod2 works...

:)

I`m a happy chappy
WooF!

-Thanks for all ya help guys!!

Pro
20-04-2002, 01:28 PM
Um I Got A Question Too How Can I Get A *.SMA file get to work on my server ???? how can i plug it in ?

No_one_you_no
20-04-2002, 04:30 PM
put it in myscrpits, and use compile_all. then take the file that is in mybinaries and but it in the dll file

*REALLY dumb question* is it possible to make join a deditcated server on the same machine, or do i have to use my crappy computer>

djmrmagic
20-04-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by No_one_you_no
put it in myscrpits, and use compile_all. then take the file that is in mybinaries and but it in the dll file

*REALLY dumb question* is it possible to make join a deditcated server on the same machine, or do i have to use my crappy computer>

If your runnign a ded server and playing on same machine then put port 27016 in the autoexec,cfg file in the dedicated server folders.

If your using the HLDS.exe in the HL install then DONT put it in the autoexec.cfg as when you play the game it will run it too so will set you both to the same port which is now 27016. In this case just make a shortcut to HLDS.exe and put +port 27016 at the end of it.

Pro
20-04-2002, 05:55 PM
i Hvae An OtherQuestion I Installed Adminmod But If I Want to run in on my server it says [admin]username is reserved on this server.
and then i get kicked by console !
can anyone help me fix this problem ? plzzz
Thx,:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

djmrmagic
20-04-2002, 06:26 PM
Ummm its late and im knackered, but if memory serves....
I hope your using wonids in your users.ini file, if so..............

"You can't reserve a name with a WONID, so you need to subtract the level of reserved name. (16384) Thus, the full access with reserved name: 131071 minus reserved slot: 16384 yields 114687."

So your access level will be 114687 !!!

Thanks to the Adminmod forums for the above. I cant take credit for that!

No_one_you_no
20-04-2002, 10:00 PM
i fixed that by adding +exec adminpass.cfg to my shortcut. be warned: only use that for making your server, other wise it will reveal ur password to everyone

djmrmagic
21-04-2002, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by No_one_you_no
i fixed that by adding +exec adminpass.cfg to my shortcut. be warned: only use that for making your server, other wise it will reveal ur password to everyone

Doesnt matter if you use wonIDs, most people cant rack those.

No_one_you_no
21-04-2002, 06:59 AM
i was just saying what i read of the help file

Pro
21-04-2002, 07:08 AM
Hmmmm Hey I tryd everything still doesnt work ?????
And why doesnt it work it still say [ADMIN] this name is reserved on this server ?????
How Can Ifix This I read All of the posts here and tryd them but there where no results just the same.
Like HEEEEEEEELP me plz ????... I dont Know What To Do Now!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :wtf:

Vorbis
21-04-2002, 10:37 AM
My limited knowledge says that you've probably reserved that name :D if you put in your adminmod password before you try to connect you should be fine i think.

MutantMFM
21-04-2002, 11:25 AM
You need a users notepad with this in it but this is a example so don't use the names or passwords.

NAME VERSION

NAME PASSWORD
\/
PlayerX:milk:3 < ACCESS LEVEL

WONID VERSION

WONID PASSWORD \/
1234567:yomama:65535 < ACCESS LEVEL

Ues either one or both if you want.

Pro
22-04-2002, 12:55 AM
ok i get it but whats with that acces lvl what must i type to get full acces ??? :confused: :confused: :confused:
oh and by the way could you plz like make a user notepad and put it here to download as an attachment so i can perfectly know how to make it plzz!!!
and with the acces thinf in it too (full acces i mean) !!!
thx,

djmrmagic
22-04-2002, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Pro
what must i type to get full access ???

Here is a example users.ini
The access level you need for full access, WITHOUT reserving a user name is 114687

This is a example as I dont have your WONID

Yourl have to take the .txt off the end, the board wont accecpt .ini files