PDA

View Full Version : New Keyboard

Puddy1
09-04-2002, 07:40 PM
Hey all, my keyboard broke around 5:00PM after some water spilled on it. Now, I'm stuck using my mom's keyboard with sticky keys, it sucks. So this weekend I'm going to get a new keyboard, I need your guys advice on what keyboard I should get. I'm a gamer, so I could use a keyboard that's good for gaming. Thanks all for your feedbac.. err feedback stupid keyboard.

KillJoy
09-04-2002, 07:54 PM
Mircosoft Natural l337 keyboard
Membrane for keyboard, I have one and it is great. Coffee, water, napalm, its all retarded by a membrane, and they are cheep, so get one.

NYPD SWAT Robot
09-04-2002, 07:57 PM
Yup. Gotta confirm [MOC]EdCrab's decision on that. For human hands, the Microsoft Natural works best. But, as I am not human...

No_one_you_no
09-04-2002, 08:03 PM
NYPD, his name is Killjoy, not [MOC]Edcrab!. im not sure what to recommend, but i have a question. is tehre an advantage in USB keyboards?

NYPD SWAT Robot
09-04-2002, 08:19 PM
Oh yeah... I had no problems distinguishing between [MOC]EdCrab and EdCrab!. I don't think the change was necessary.

Malek
09-04-2002, 09:57 PM
That keyboard isn't one of those ... ergonomical keyboards that's bent 60 degrees is it?

Lord Booga
09-04-2002, 11:47 PM
*shudder*

Those things are horrible.

Get one without any fancy poweroff buttons or anything. They are the one reason i refuse to upgrade my keyboard.

That and my nifty Control-Alt-Delete button :P

Creeps
10-04-2002, 12:57 PM
a keyboard with the alphabet on it.
now,
KillJoy *IS* [MOC]Edcrab

but some of you might now know..

Malek
10-04-2002, 01:01 PM
(Clarification) [MoC]Edcrab! changed his name to Killjoy due to conflicts with the other Edcrab. (No one was forced, it was his decision.)

Now back on topic please...

NYPD SWAT Robot
10-04-2002, 04:56 PM
Watch your scrolling- on some keyboards "Power OFF" was located right next to page up/down.

Slidje
10-04-2002, 08:52 PM
yes . i have this god damn american keyboard with shut down where the print screen is , so if i see somethign spectacular and want a picture of it i tap it and "windows is shutting down" NOOOOOOOOOOO .
also half the needed keys arent here in either layout .
in english theres no "\" and in american theres no "#" .

what ever you do , never ever buy a sk-2500 multimedia keyboard . that was my last keyboard , which locked up and stopped working randomly , and you could only press two keys at a time . try duck jumping with only two keys .

Phx
10-04-2002, 08:59 PM
Wierd.... isn't # Shift+3 ?
Hehe I don't have any annoying shut down keys on my keyboard... tho for some stupid reason there is some type of extra mouse scrolling things(a flat pad like most laptops) where the Num Keypad should be and my Num Keypad is part of my mouse :wtf:

cranberry
10-04-2002, 09:03 PM
My keyboard is a British one...but set up as an American one, and now we're used to it, so theres no point changing. For me # is shift and 3 like Phx said, where the pound sign should be -_-.

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
10-04-2002, 09:04 PM
get an old second hand keyboard.
their cheap and their the best ones out. i got one.
its the type without them horrible crash buttons inbetween the ctrl and alt buttons.
MWHAHAHAHA
it never breaks and never sticks, has a wonderfull click noise when pressed, and keys are easilly gouged out with a screwdriver.:)

and them curvy keyboards, are the donkeys bollacks of all keyboards.
or in other words, their crap!
they are horrible difficult to get used to for one thing.