PDA

View Full Version : Basic Bee Dot Com Shut Down :(

60 Megabyte File
12-04-2002, 09:00 PM
Pretty sad, considering how long hes been with the Sven Coop community. Check out the main page www.basicbee.com

I also asked him for a new border on a new av and replied with this:

-------------
Sure thing.

You'll have to excuse me, but you'll be the final project that i'll do for SC.

I won't be tolerated by everyone else who has to bring me down.

You can say, for the record, anyone who has the "Basic" border can still keep them as a tribute.

--------------

EvilPentaPenguin
12-04-2002, 09:11 PM
I'm sad 2 see it go, I never thought it would just be gone like that, the Svenco-op community needs websites like BasicBee.

Goodbye Basic Bee:(

killerdude18
12-04-2002, 09:25 PM
BasicBee, i regret having to see u go =(.I never thought i would see the day.Even though i didn't know u good, i knew u were an important person to the svencoop community and i will miss you *sniffle*.I hope u have a better life................................

"bye....=("

EvilPentaPenguin
12-04-2002, 09:29 PM
Have a better life without SvenCo-op?!?!?! You can...... actually do that?!!?!?!?! That's amazing.

I never knew he even thought about shutting it down, I thought it was going great a few days ago........:(

No_one_you_no
12-04-2002, 09:58 PM
damn, i hate when this happens

EvilPentaPenguin
12-04-2002, 10:06 PM
Just a note 2 all SC websites that r out there- PLZ! PLZ! DONT DO THIS! We- the SvenCo-op community NEED you out there for maps, models, information and other great SC/HL stuff.:(

Prod
12-04-2002, 10:12 PM
This was unfortunate and unexpected. It's a good thing I had everything saved for Omega Psi on my HDD.

Malek
12-04-2002, 10:13 PM
I'd like to clear up a few things:

First of all, I never intended to be in direct competition with Basicbee.com and I never wanted him to shut himself down.

Basic and I worked things out a while back or so I thought, but I am unsure now. Again, I'm sorry this had to get dragged here but I wanted to at least say my piece.

To all those hosted on Basicbee.com, I am offering decksix.com as a hosting alternative if you want. I'm working out spacing issues as we speak.

Once again, I'm sorry BB.com went down.

NYPD SWAT Robot
12-04-2002, 10:14 PM
Can you say

FUCK

This sucks.
We are losing more peeps than gaining- if we don't recruit our player count graph will look like this-

}[]BlackMage[]{
12-04-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by NYPD SWAT Robot
Can you say

FUCK

This sucks.
We are losing more peeps than gaining- if we don't recruit our player count graph will look like this-

just for the record, technically we only lost one person from this

NYPD SWAT Robot
12-04-2002, 10:20 PM
It adds up. How many have we lost over the past months- Lets not go there.

}[]BlackMage[]{
12-04-2002, 10:24 PM
over the past month, not very many. This mod isn't dying, NYPD. It isn't even close.

MutantMFM
12-04-2002, 10:44 PM
That sucks its being shut down and I will miss their chat room now what can i do besides being on the forums to talk to people and using Aol instant messenger. :( :( :(

Phx
12-04-2002, 11:01 PM
NYPD don't worry about this mod we get new peeps every few days it seems like...
Looks like my site is dead in the water... ah well.
Oh and one other thing don't cuss it hurts my ears.

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
12-04-2002, 11:11 PM
SHIT!
fuck.
crappy

oh well, basic bee was good while it lasted.
dynestyy net thing.
#sushi.com now everyone
:)

hmmm, i`am still tryin to figure out wat maelk had to do with it, oh well.

bye bye

Sampson
12-04-2002, 11:13 PM
Wow, I cant beleive he is gone. Ya know, I have a really good memory, and remember the first time things happen, and I remember that the first time I visited the svencoop site, theres was a joke pic of basic bee (but as some model) and someone else, made by commando stealing some 2.0 plans (this was looooooooooong time ago, way over year). My first map played on svencoop was bunker, but my second time playing was with basic. My first post I ever read on the forums was started by secret-agent, but basic bee was the second reply (hehe). My svencoop firsts were all with him. He completely set up my Yabb forum for CR for me, in the wee hours of the morning (3 ocklock AM). He kind did it twice, he set up ikon board, but my site wouldnt alow something about it, I forget, some SQL problem, and he started over and did the Yabb ,because im dumbass, but thats besides the fact, but he has done alot for me, ALOT! Lots of times he helped me with things over AIM. Some not even with svencoop either, some with just computer problems. Im sad to say by to Basic, but lata bro (if you read this) and thanks for all ure help.

Macros
12-04-2002, 11:22 PM
Very sorry to see him go. It was all so sudden...

Mr. Chris
13-04-2002, 12:07 AM
Sucks, guess there goes my mirror files :mad:

I hate to say this but why did this escapade have to happen with crap over malek and BB?

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
13-04-2002, 12:20 AM
yea, such a selfless and generous person.

if hes taking everything thats sven coop realted, well is #basicbee.com directly related to SC?

Sushi
13-04-2002, 12:20 AM
Hmm...heres a problem.

You all better read this if you want to download my models:

To all: All of my links will be down. I have already cleared my archives. Once I find some place to put my stuff in, my Models will not be able to be downloaded.

Basic Beecicchi
13-04-2002, 05:37 AM
For those that don't make the deadline, or want to take over in their own fashion, i'll be sure to zip up my site files so people can see the cheap source code. Sure it'll be password protected, but that just means you'll have to find me.

If you need to break into hosting with PHL, again, find me.

Good luck, and godspeed.

KillJoy
13-04-2002, 05:41 AM
Basic, for such a selfless person, to all you have helped, to all you have taught, I/(we?) give my heartfelt thanks.
For helping make this what it is, for helping those too stupid(like me), for putting up with the "no thanks" and 'this sucks, you suck".

Thank you.

I see you have had enough. I don't hold it against you, No one should for leaving, let us know how you are some time.

Though you may not know me well, drop me a line at ICQ 45503779 or at irc.wyldryde.net #washington if you need someone netural to talk to.

Turrican
13-04-2002, 05:58 AM
Where do all the #basicbee.com regulars go now? :(

Hezus
13-04-2002, 07:18 AM
Where the rest of BB goes... down.

Creeps
13-04-2002, 07:43 AM
Damnit, this sucks! And indd was expected... :(
I spoke with him a while ago tough, I did expected this...anyway, sad to see you go! Hope to speak to you sometime!
------

Btw, we didnt just loose one person, we lost a few great websites of the Svencoop community! Unless, someone comes up with a hosting plan.

DAN200
13-04-2002, 09:10 AM
*ahem* YOU have a website Mr Creeeps

Creeps
13-04-2002, 10:43 AM
Yes I know, I can make extra FTP accounts, I have unlimted webspace + bandwidth....

Yet one thing is missing: I don't have control over the extra FTP accounts...

Nomble
13-04-2002, 10:55 AM
hmm , there went my only chance of being hosted...

Slidje
13-04-2002, 01:05 PM
bee , your fucking wonderful , you think somethings dying so you shoot it to make sure .
grow the fuck up . malek isnt fucking shit up , you are .
malek just wanted his own space and recognition .
what pisses you off is that some people actually like malek and not you , thats why theres half our regulars are in deck six .
its petty jelousy . what i find fucking hilarious is that your blaming all this on malek .
he did the fuckig best job he could and just wanted some recognition for it .
if your so god damn jelous of him then go ahead and shut everything down but you gotta stop blaming everyone else for your problems .
believe me if you ever treat dahlia liek that youll be a very lonley and dumped guy .
i been there and i know what im talking about .
nomble , ill host you .

SilverHorse
13-04-2002, 01:14 PM
Well said Slidje. Very well said.

*steps back into the shadows*

}[]BlackMage[]{
13-04-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Turrican
Where do all the #basicbee.com regulars go now? :(

either #turrican or #decksix

Turrican
13-04-2002, 01:34 PM
Oh yeah, I have an IRC channel!
Look to mah sig, everybodeh!

Basic Beecicchi
13-04-2002, 02:46 PM
Ya know, i really don't have a serious problem with you, Slidje. Nor did i with anyone. Until now, that is.

Sure, i can see your "reverse psychology" to bring me back and make everything pretty again, but that's not gonna work, isn't it?

<Basic> How the hell do i apologize to a community?

That's cause everything I touch I destroyed. And you know it.

Now, continue to suck up to pretty-boy Malek here. Or ph33r his "wrath".

(GIT)r-man
13-04-2002, 02:51 PM
...and on that note this topic should be laid to rest.

if anyone has anything else to say on the matter use PM or e-mail....thank you