PDA

View Full Version : My Friends Sister Won The Lottery

Undeadenemy
17-04-2002, 02:26 PM
I just found out today that a friend that I go paintballing with's sister won the lottery. All in all they won $125 million, but after taxes, they get to keep about $81 million. In my opinion I can still live with that :). His sister gave my friend 2 million. He says he's gonna put it in the bank and not spend it. A wise decision if you ask me because it will collect $120,000 in intrest per year, so you can spend that :).

I've been in shock the whole day and my friend has been eating the attention he's been getting up. After a week though, when people are still asking him for money, he'll get sick of it.

I just had to get it off my chest.

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
17-04-2002, 02:33 PM
WOW, thats sounds awesomely great :D

quick, try and cash in on some of this ;)

having 2 mill in the bank and not spending it untill the interest comes in, well i`d probably snap and start buying lots of stuff :D

hmmmm how much of that dollars is that in pounds?

60 Megabyte File
17-04-2002, 02:35 PM
Jeez, lucky lucky lucky. Congrats

Kritter
17-04-2002, 03:19 PM
Truely. Fuck them, fuck them dead. Lucky fucks.

My mother has been out of work for almost a year because of a bad back, shes battleing compensation lyers(mispelled puropsely). My fathers car broke down, over $1000 to fix. The fucking bills are pileing up. And these fucks win 81 million.

Id be happy with wining $1000 to get my dads car fixed, and these fucks win 81 million. This isnt fucking fair. Not one fucking bit.

Fuck them. I hope someone cuts their fucking throats. Mother fuckers.

Slidje
17-04-2002, 03:30 PM
wait for the greed and jelousy to surface .

Kritter
17-04-2002, 03:33 PM
It aint greed or jelousy with me. Were fucking dying here.

Perhaps you forgot to read the rest of the post.

Slidje
17-04-2002, 03:39 PM
i read it and it hasnt surfaced yet . i was jsut agreeing with what he said .
its gonna be a real rough time for anyone in teh center of this .

Kritter
17-04-2002, 03:46 PM
ok. sorry if i seemed hostile. It just pisses me off that were barely floatin, and they get 81 million for spending 1 dollar and sittin on their arse.

Giblet
17-04-2002, 03:46 PM
I agree with Kritter on the fact that the world blows, with its irony and gayness, but its not like its their fault they won the lottery. You shouldnt bitch at them cAUse they won, and someone has to win

Kritter
17-04-2002, 03:58 PM
Yeah, someone has to win it. But why isnt luck a bit more fair.

Their gonna go out, buy a house, buy a car, pay off all loans debts, "It aint no lie, buy, buy, buy". But what kind of situation were they in before they won. Probably had a decent car, lived in a neat to fancy house, had a pretty fast computer, cell phone, pager, etc.

My parents are driving a 90 corsica with paint peeling, and a 89 plymoth voyager that broke recently. Im living in a... decent house. Could be better. Can barely afford $10 spending money every week. I nor my parrents have cell phones pagers, or any other such gadget. shitty everex computer.

I really dont even care about winning a million. I just want my fathers car fixed and my mothers car a paintjob. But luck has to be a bitch and give someone who is living comfotably a few million, and give someone who is barely floating nothing.

BTW, what ever happened to snipers troubles? I thought his parents had financal troubles too, earlier this year.

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
17-04-2002, 04:06 PM
as most ppl have said and will say.
lifes unfair, get use to it.
which totally pisses me off everytime i hear it also.

Edcrab
17-04-2002, 04:19 PM
Heh. Good for them. Someone has to win it, and some are just bitter that it's not them, I suppose. I'm happy for them, in all honesty- I never win anything in my life, so it makes no difference to me whatsoever.
And "probbably have such and such.."... well, for all we know they might have Mafia debts... not as if it actually matters, I guess.

BurnOut64
17-04-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Giblet
I agree with Kritter on the fact that the world blows, with its irony and gayness

The world blows so much because people like you are always putting down other people. I know a few gay people who are great people, yet they are always getting teased because of their preference. People are always getting steriotyped, and its not good at all for this world.

Giblet
17-04-2002, 08:44 PM
I agree with you Kritter, the fact that a family already doing fine gets it is bad, but thats the type of society we live in, if only there was such a thing as pure communisum, that would be a truly perfect world, but alas, that can never happen

Phx
17-04-2002, 09:08 PM
I for one am happy for your friend UnDead...
Don't know what is wrong with the rest of you but keep it to yourself. No point in ruining other people happiness.

MutantMFM
17-04-2002, 10:52 PM
My family could use very much to we are barely hanging on and i'm a diabetic so money is spread thin for my family to :(. But still lucky lucky ;)

Lord Booga
18-04-2002, 12:14 AM
I guess I'm lucky... my parents aint rich, but were pretty well off....

60 Megabyte File
18-04-2002, 06:32 AM
My family is not rich, nor poor, and I am thankful for that.

Giblet: I like your sig :)

Giblet
18-04-2002, 06:49 AM
My family is about like meg's. Upperish middle class

ps: thx Meg =D

CkDead
18-04-2002, 07:08 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Giblet
My family is about like meg's. Upperish middle class

Same here...

I'm sure your friend would give you some...if he is a friend.

Slidje
18-04-2002, 11:25 AM
you should be grateful for what you have cos most of you are alive and have the possibilty of being happy at some point in the future .
thats a lot more than some people have .
did you know 80% of the people in the world dont have a home , think about that for a second cos the worlds a lot bigger than america and england .

Edcrab
18-04-2002, 03:38 PM
Yep. And the west holds 4/5th's of the world economy and "luxuries". There's always someone worse off than you are. Although that's a kind of depressing thought...

Giblet
18-04-2002, 07:54 PM
Aye it is a depressing thought.

MutantMFM
18-04-2002, 08:40 PM
With that in mind we are all have it good that makes me feel a whole lot better.

Desolation
19-04-2002, 03:40 AM
im glad for your friend and his sis undead, my aunt won the lottery but she had to split it with other winners so she only got about 10 thousand she was in alot of debt and was able to pay it off, and I also have a friend thats a millionair but only because his dad got his arm electrocuted off in an work related accident, so not just well off people get lucky.

NYPD SWAT Robot
19-04-2002, 09:07 PM
Hmm-
IDEAS TO SAVE MONEY

1#- use those energy efficient lightbulbs
2#- Look for cupons

KillJoy
21-04-2002, 10:24 AM
Sorry guys. March 16 2002 I was to win the lottery.
You guys had a LOT to do with that cash.
(the most vivid dream in about 4 years.)
My dad got a ticket on March 14th.:rolleyes:
16 Million down the hole.:rolleyes:...
Hear Hear to Theta Stimilus!;) (now only if i can get the number, instead of just the date... Damm left side!)

Kritter, chill, I am not in a rosy situataion. some times its just how the kookie krumbles.:rolleyes: :mad: :wtf: