PDA

View Full Version : Randmap package

Mr. Chris
30-04-2002, 02:08 PM
I have made a zip containing ALL the themes, prefabs, and some texture WADs used. This included the 2science, snow themes, egypt, de_dust themes, doom2 themes, Lee's theme (specially modified for more variety). It also includes some new env skies used in lees theme, egypt theme and snow2 theme. You must have the game installed to /sierra/half-life or you are screwed (manual unzip to dirs). The link is below. This would likely be turned into an EXE installer soon. The file below is 19mb (almost 40mb unzipped)

http://www.furnation.com/chrisdragon/randmap/randmap_full.zip

Mutant
30-04-2002, 04:04 PM
Thanks Mr. Chris!

And just in case for any of you who don't know, randmap is program that functions with many mods (including svencoop of course :) ) and can make random maps for them.

Personally i still use it every now and again to play some mad opposing force maps or SC.

ShAdOw
30-04-2002, 04:18 PM
Thanks Chirs, randmap is a great program :D

I didn't know you were on the team.. thats coolieo (One of my "words")

Friendly Garg
01-05-2002, 04:29 PM
I kinda lost the randmap site url...

Turrican
01-05-2002, 04:30 PM
http://randmap.valvepit.com/

Friendly Garg
01-05-2002, 04:33 PM
Haven't visited it for months.. they still didn't make anything important.

Thanks for the url Turrican.

Mr. Chris
02-05-2002, 05:07 PM
we are working on stuff...just be patient! LOL the url for randmap is in my sig how can you miss it?

BMT
02-05-2002, 05:29 PM
doom2 theme?!?!? omg omg omg XD

Friendly Garg
03-05-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Chris
LOL the url for randmap is in my sig how can you miss it?

I dont read sigs..

*L*E*O*N*
03-05-2002, 04:43 PM
Mr. Chris, have you looked in the Misc Customization forum and seen the one about Doom2? You can use the textures, if you know how to compile them into a wad file.

BMT
03-05-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by *L*E*O*N*
Mr. Chris, have you looked in the Misc Customization forum and seen the one about Doom2? You can use the textures, if you know how to compile them into a wad file.

I just went to the randmap forums and downloaded the individual doom2 theme, it had a .wad file included with all the doom2 textures XD

*L*E*O*N*
04-05-2002, 11:14 AM
There is a annoying problem with it where it won't compile maps, and the themes haven't worked... yet. It always say bad comman line 4 times then runs the map and says it can't find it. Also there isn't a .map file I can find either. That was all for the svencoop 1.9+ configuration.

Mr. Chris
04-05-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by *L*E*O*N*
There is a annoying problem with it where it won't compile maps, and the themes haven't worked... yet. It always say bad comman line 4 times then runs the map and says it can't find it. Also there isn't a .map file I can find either. That was all for the svencoop 1.9+ configuration.

make sure HLRAD, HLBSP, HLVIS and HLBSP is in the RANDMAP directory and/or randmap/batch dir

You may want to download the files again if you already DLed it since I updated some prefabs

*L*E*O*N*
04-05-2002, 03:49 PM
I started downloading it yesterday and finished today. I noticed I couldn't compile any maps for anything. I'll try what you said though.

Mr. Chris
04-05-2002, 06:32 PM
post a screenshot of your screen after it tries to compile

*L*E*O*N*
04-05-2002, 09:29 PM
I didn't really try the thing yet because I wasn't sure which to get rid of, the compilers that were the same but smaller or the same ones but bigger. If you look in the randmap directory it has the compilers but they are about 100KB each smaller than the ones in BATCH. The first time I tried this thing it worked. The second and up it hasn't.
Here is the picture though.
Replaced the smaller files with the ones in my WC directory and it still didn't work. Unzipped it again and retried and that failed too. Some of the details are:
STUB ** CRComplex::CreateOtherPortals, haven't tried to expand width of expandable portal which it says many times;
WARNING: Cannot place starting or ending room
Failed to create level, retrying...
and Error: Unable to open config file for map, maps\rmap01.cfg.
No config file will be written.
Writing to file
Could not create map file: maps\rmap01.map
Making map
Batch file exit state = 0
Finished level ok
That was with the Doom2 theme.

*L*E*O*N*
05-05-2002, 01:36 PM
I found what the problem was and fixed and feel stupid for not noticing earlier. There was no maps directory so it couldn't compile in there because it didn't exist.

Mr. Chris
06-05-2002, 11:56 AM
Have fun :)