PDA

View Full Version : What is your most fond memory here in da forums?

Honking Donkey
01-05-2002, 04:42 PM
Mine is when i first registered. The forums where peaceful and no one in the forums had no real probs.

I also liked the forums during the christmas season, new ppl coming in and the large hype of 2.0 was finnaly releassd

Turrican
01-05-2002, 04:43 PM
Being made a moderator is my favorite memory :D

60 Megabyte File
01-05-2002, 04:44 PM
Probibly when 007 made the "Love Mad Jonesy" thread or sometin...i dont know the real name

Kaneda
01-05-2002, 04:48 PM
I liked it when there was a lot of...well, action. Who could forget the BGY/Secret Agent "Penis?" "Vagina?" post, anyway?

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
01-05-2002, 04:59 PM
it`s all a blur, but i can kinda see a blue haze of the OLD forums, just before we all had to regeister.
MJ made that tell a story thread to get to a 1000 posts or something.
ahhhh memorys...

then in these forums when we had posting games and tell a story and action forums posting, they kiked ass, i useto laugh for hours at their funny insane ramblings, that was probably the beggining of the da pixies.:D

Phx
01-05-2002, 05:42 PM
Becoming a mod was cool...
Also I remember LMAO at certain higher ups posting while drunk... While it lasted the Forum Getto was funny as hell.

Sankis
01-05-2002, 08:34 PM
1. When I used to be a mod
2. The whole Nomble Saga
3. When 007 used to suck up to me and the "Just thinking about Sankis" thread was born.

More i'm too lazy to remember

Static-X_Solja
01-05-2002, 08:36 PM
proly when i made 3 posts death rowed all in the same day :D

NYPD SWAT Robot
01-05-2002, 08:50 PM
The day Turrican changed his av to the raptor one (internal joke). PM me if you want more info...

Malek
01-05-2002, 09:40 PM
Getting some "demands" met from Jonesy concerning the moderation team. (No it wasn't becoming an admin.) But I"m glad Jonesy and I could reach a resolve.

Turrican
02-05-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by NYPD SWAT Robot
The day Turrican changed his av to the present one (internal joke). PM me if you want more info...

Actually its an IRC joke, of which you know nothing about.

Creeps
02-05-2002, 03:09 AM
Best memory:
My post got deleted in this thread for some reason! HAHAHHA A How much fun!!!

Friendly Garg
02-05-2002, 03:50 AM
The day I was picked out to Beta Test! :) And while testing it of course..

Slidje
02-05-2002, 04:26 AM
favourite memories are the reactions i get when i change my avatars or post some mad pictures .
eg :
malek: your the reason i dont sleep naked
someone: ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!

i made a page with most of them here (http://www.btinternet.com/~ezekiel.fireseed/pics)

Mad Gonesy
02-05-2002, 05:46 AM
Pure genius. I love it when people flame me directly, because it gives me a chance to burn off some steam:

http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5754

Plus Butemam!! that was a classic, considering how tight these forums are.

Oh, and the whole [BlockerZ] clan thing on the old forum, most of you probably won't remember that, but the forums kicked ass while that was going on.

All of my memories involve llama's, me being drunk, or the various nights of release for the mod. That says a lot.

Macros
02-05-2002, 07:28 AM
Ahhh, those were the days. Back when i was Agent Linctus. Yeah, fond memories which i can't remember...

Nomble
02-05-2002, 10:22 AM
TELL A STORY

Dutchtux
02-05-2002, 10:46 AM
Hmm....Let me think what the best memory is.
Register on this forum...Nah....Releasing a lot of convert CS models...Nah....hmmm....Clifside?...Yes Cliffside...When I released Cliffside....and then it come in the first map pack...
yes that are my two best memorys on the forums...
Maybe I going to build a better version of Cliffside. :(

KillJoy
03-05-2002, 12:04 AM
For me, Hiding in the shaddows of the fourms as a guest, watching it mature, and learning about you, where you live, what you eat, where you sleep, who you know.........:eek:!!! Muhahahahah

Naa, when I playtested turricans Haywired, and regestered to the fourms. Oh, and buteman..that was a classic.:D

Creeps
03-05-2002, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Mad Jonesy
Pure genius. I love it when people flame me directly, because it gives me a chance to burn off some steam:

http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5754

Plus Butemam!! that was a classic, considering how tight these forums are.

Oh, and the whole [BlockerZ] clan thing on the old forum, most of you probably won't remember that, but the forums kicked ass while that was going on.

All of my memories involve llama's, me being drunk, or the various nights of release for the mod. That says a lot.
WHAHAHAHAHAHA! Nice come back to that guy! This is now my fav memory! LOL! :D
I might have to use that one in school heheheh

Yaso Kuuhl
03-05-2002, 07:22 AM
My very best moment on the forum was when I released my Ninja_Houndeye and my ETC-Barney, followed by the Spooky Bullsquid and and the Army_Barney. The feedback was just overwhelming! :D

Too bad I have no time for skinning right now... :(

Lord Booga
03-05-2002, 07:41 AM
I just love that warm fuzzy feeling when a moron, spammer, or complete idiot gets banned from the forums.

Kitten
03-05-2002, 12:34 PM
fondest memory -.-:
i cant say i have one really. just like..when i first got here, my welcome message..then again, that kinda brings bad memories too -.-;
worst memory. now ive got alot of those. -.-;

Prod
03-05-2002, 04:54 PM
1. MJ nuking OT. (Why did the Karma Tent have to go with it? :( )
2. Tell a story dominated by B.G.Y.-11, Arbon, Secretagent, and Basicbee.
3. OT, Karma Shack, S&I, Log Basket
4. Llamas/blockerz
5. Reading through deathrow
6. BUTEMAM!!!
7. Never actually releasing any of the maps I've talked about.
8. Disappearing and reappering randomly in the days of 1.3, early 1.9, and very late 1.9.
9. Making long, generalized responses that were actually intended to be spam for my post count, but thankfully no one figured it out. :)
10. Laughing at you. :)
11. Making a new account called Cleatus.

DAN200
03-05-2002, 05:45 PM
Joining the Beta test team and releasing Gman Towers all in the same week!

Further back than that when I was playing in MrMagics and [GIT]r-man said hi to me and I was like "You recognise me??, you know who i am??" and he was "Yeah, you play here alll the time and you post on the forum" and im like "oh, yer hi, nice to see ya, wow, hi!!!!!".... and all that, it was that point when i migrated from being a Newbie to a regular, and I could finally overcome the contrast of just leaving my last forum where I had had a postcount of almost 2000.

BMT
03-05-2002, 07:34 PM
i) Releasing my first ever proper map and the first reply being "oh my god this map is amazing" from mad jonesy himself. I just crapped a brick right there.

ii) Playtesting my map officially. Seeing all those really high up people playing through my map, and watching them hopelessly try to find the secrets ;D

iii) Undeadenemies recent crazy banning streak. I have no idea why but that's really made me laugh :p

iv) Being drunk on the forums (This ones a favourite i see)

v) Being asked by Sven Viking himself to help playtest the map svencoop.

Well I guess I always thought I was an old skooler, but I wasn't even around during the "Butemam" and "BlockerZ" days. Ofcourse I could be wrong, I could've been playing sven for at least a year without being aware of the forums existence.

Lt.Kjilgore
03-05-2002, 08:03 PM
The 'Most embarrassing moment' thread.

Sankis
03-05-2002, 08:28 PM
Wasn't that the thread Mad Jonesy made the fake name to try to get you guys to talk about incest? Shame it didn't work :(

03-05-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Sankis

3. When 007 used to suck up to me and the "Just thinking about Sankis" thread was born.

Orignally Posted By 60MegaByteFile
Probibly when 007 made the "Love Mad Jonesy" thread or sometin...i dont know the real name
[/B]

ummm lol:rolleyes:

WELL I'd have to say all the funny posts in tell a story... sometimes that'd crack me up so hard I'd have to go in the other room to calm down.

LoL the other time when Jonsey sent me that ban message I cracked up at first and then got serious lol.

(Sankis is always mah groupie unless he wants to go back to blow up betsy which he poped :p ;) )

*me hands sankis a blow up betsy doll and mj a 007 punching bag that comes with 10 smart remarks when you hit it)

60 Megabyte File
03-05-2002, 10:21 PM
I am the proud maker of Most Embarassing Moments :)

But yeah, Undeadenemy's banning streak is funny/weird at the same time

Freaking Neo
04-05-2002, 12:59 PM
The "Your Most Embarassing Moment" thread
it was so funny :D

Edcrab
04-05-2002, 04:49 PM
ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING, EVER!

But probbably how a friend of mine openly flamed a mod and I laughed at him unt- well, forever...

Phx
04-05-2002, 05:54 PM
That reminds me, you and Malek's little "wars"(You saying something then Malek posting after you with something like*shoots EdCrab in the foot*) before you became a mod were funny as hell

Honking Donkey
05-05-2002, 01:49 AM
then the other idiot regulars get into the fray and get the thread DR'd

Edcrab
05-05-2002, 04:06 PM
Well, Malek still does that but with a bigger gun.

And who can forget Nikki Blanco's defensive threads where just about everyone spoon fed him his ego as he liked?

Slidje
05-05-2002, 04:19 PM
are there any copies of nikki blanco`s threads .
ive only met him in game .
he really took the whole taking down svencoop thing seriously .

Undeadenemy
05-05-2002, 04:37 PM
My favorite moment on the forums was becoming a moderator. Well, thats over with for the foreseeable future. At least someone thought banning all those 0 post accounts was funny... That probably won't get me out of this straight jacket though...

60 Megabyte File
05-05-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Slidje
are there any copies of nikki blanco`s threads .
ive only met him in game .
he really took the whole taking down svencoop thing seriously .

Jeez, i remember him. I met him ingame and he was blocking (what a surprise) and he was the first blocker I ever met. I kept calling his mom some shit and then he agreed to stop blocking and leave the server if i killed myself 40 times...which i did (what was i gonna do? shoot monsters? :D ) and he stopped..

Mr. Chris
05-05-2002, 08:51 PM
BB being banned, Undead going on his little retarded rampage.. etc etc etc

Hezus
07-05-2002, 12:46 PM
How can I forget the "Most Embarrasing Moment" ? :) With Mr. Chris. I can still laugh about Kitten`s qoute :

Kneeling ? Strange look at Chris... :p

And ofcourse the first map I released : Bridge. (not 2k a former version) Man.. I really feel ashamed when I see that map now :) what a noob I was back then.. (oh ? I still am...:D)

Honking Donkey
07-05-2002, 07:22 PM
wooo that was funny, im still laffin bout it, i mean, kneeling?
HAHAHAHA!

08-05-2002, 07:52 AM
lol Its "NICKY BLANCO" <sigh> I remeber me him and JOKER were blocking Osprey in 1.9 and it was so funny.... haha

and it was funny when we blocked Nightmare2 the teleporter and it had like 50 people in it..... hahhhahah....

uhhh....

ermm

*runs*

Hezus
08-05-2002, 08:02 AM
Yeah sure 50 ppl.. tho there only fit 32 ppl in a server :p

Kitten
08-05-2002, 08:33 AM
lol. yea the embarassing thread one is a good one. I mean...is kneeling NORMAL? O.o;
but i still cant think of like.. a personal fond idea of the forums. I can think of people im quite fond of IN the forums...(even though some arent too fond of me ;p)
lets see...Drunk Monkey, BMT, Beebee, Mosey, and BOOGSIE! gotta love boogsie!
Oh! i know a fond memory..When Boogsie told me that KillJoy was actually a male after i thought otherwise for like..god knows how long :wtf: i felt really stupid ;p
that happened yesterday actually XD
And im fond of mr chris too ^.^ fondest memory of him is of course the kneeling and something he told me on AIM that i wont repeat here x.x
fondest memory of Drunk Monkey would have to be when he was rambling about pixies or some shit >.<;
Fondest memory of BMT...dunno, im just fond of him in general ^.^ same with mosey...
fondest memory of boogsie...lets see..would have to be when i told him a funny quote. his reaction was priceless ;p That actually has to be my favouritest memory of all ^.^
fondest memory of beebee...well..i have alot of fond memories of beebee...i couldnt pick just one ;)

(ot..sorta)btw, the quote was - "No barrel, even though its lost a hoop or end piece, ever gapes as one whom i saw ripped right from his chin to where we fart: his bowels hung between his legs, one saw his vitals and the miserable sack that makes of what we swallow excrement. While i was all intent on watching him, he looked at me and with his hands he spread his chest and said:"See how i split myself!..."."(ot..sorta)