PDA

View Full Version : Bullet tracers...

Align
11-05-2002, 06:13 AM
Do they work without admin mod? And where can i d/l a plugin for it? And what do i need to know about it? Im in a hurry, bad punctuation edited. Gtg to big event.
Edit= punctuation spelling and other grammar stuff...
2nd & 3rd edit

Any help? At all? I saw it at bob-o-buds crap section, but its in teh TFC server stuff folder... Or is it no diffrence? But main question is if it works without adminmod, I had MAJOR problems with it when i tried to install. Long story.
But, any help at all would be greatly appreciated...

Correction:i DIDNT see it in the crap section after all, i just thought i did.

Lord Booga
11-05-2002, 08:42 AM
Tracers are standard in HL/TFC

these cvars control it:

tracerspeed: guess.
tracerlength: length of the tracer (note that if you slow the tracers down lots, they appear squished - just lengththen them)

tracerblue, tracerred, tracergreen: controls the red green and blue mixture of the tracers.

I think there is one more... can't remember what it is.

Align
11-05-2002, 09:25 AM
Ok. Thanx.
tracerwidth?
Since bob-o's SC server had big fat slow colorchanging tracers i was convinced that the HL engine couldn't have done it by itself :)

Lord Booga
11-05-2002, 10:36 AM
traceroffset i think, dunno what it does....

i like to set mine to funky colours and real slow in TFC, makes HWGuys look pretty kewl :)

Align
11-05-2002, 03:20 PM
Mines now looks like Tau beams. tho more 'transparent'. I use Surprise! mod so the machinegun turrets create big-ass walls of fading beams... looks real sexay...!

Turrican
12-05-2002, 06:00 AM
tracerblue
tracerred
tracergreen
traceralpha
tracerlength
tracerspeed

If you type in these in console only you see the tracers. The way for all to see them is to use the execall command, so the clients exec the command. So if you wanted everybody to see red tracers, you would:
execall tracerred 100

(moved to server hole)

Aden
15-05-2002, 06:08 PM
I've been playing with green tracers for awhile. A good change from the old yellowish ones.