PDA

View Full Version : Modified maps on Mr. Magic's?

WarpZone
11-06-2002, 09:32 PM
Seems like any time I try to connect to Mr. Magic's server, anymore, I get a message telling me my mapname.bsp differs from the server's mapname.bsp. I just now downloaded all the latest maps from the svencoop main downloads page, so as far as I know, I *should* be current.

I've been to mr. magic's webpage, and he has a link to a whole bunch of maps to download... but see, the thing is, if I replace all my maps with mr.magic-friendly versions, I won't be able to play them on any other servers anymore. =(

Why does Mr.Magic use different versions of the maps than the current ones, anyway...?

ooppee
11-06-2002, 10:10 PM
His server probably keeps up do date on the servers, like when a map is updated he updates it unlike other servers.

EvilPentaPenguin
11-06-2002, 10:47 PM
Says that for me when I tried to join Nice and Cosy when it was playing gutreaction, but that seems to be only map ive had trouble with.

(GIT)r-man
12-06-2002, 03:12 AM
yup, Mr.Magic is still using an old version of Gut_Reaction...

djmrmagic
12-06-2002, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by (GIT)r-man
yup, Mr.Magic is still using an old version of Gut_Reaction...

..........whoops :eek:

Ill do it now

WarpZone
13-06-2002, 01:08 AM
Okay, cool. I think gut reaction WAS a map I'd had problems with before. I don't remember if that was the only one or not. I do know that it seemed to happen quite a bit lately. I guess gut reaction must be in the default map rotation.

Thanks for fixing it, Mr Magic! :)