PDA

View Full Version : ADMINMOD-help

^DiZnEy^
15-06-2002, 05:19 PM
I cant make adminmod for any mod!!!
it says hl has done an unlegal operationblabla... or the unfameous blue screen witch i must restart my computer!...... can somebody which have it properly innstalled on cstrike/tfc/valve/WHATEVER MOD send me the mod folder with adminmod innstalled? my email is rachidmathisen@hotmail.com + reply :)

:(

Ne0
15-06-2002, 05:28 PM
Have you read the whole manual, and followed it exactly, and have the newest version of half life, admin mod, meta mod and the mod you are trying to use it on? and the mod's server works with out admin mod? and what have you changed if anything?

Turrican
15-06-2002, 05:37 PM
Moved to server hole - and stupid amount of smileys removed from thread title

EvilPentaPenguin
15-06-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by ^DiZnEy^
I cant make adminmod for any mod!!!
it says hl has done an unlegal operationblabla... or the unfameous blue screen witch i must restart my computer!...... can somebody which have it properly innstalled on cstrike/tfc/valve/WHATEVER MOD send me the mod folder with adminmod innstalled? my email is rachidmathisen@hotmail.com + reply :)

:(

Computers dont make unlegal operations, they make illegal operations. And it isnt 'unfameous' it is infamous. O and it's always worked for me (atleast on listenserver.cfg). Never had to try it for a dedicated server though :\.

djmrmagic
16-06-2002, 04:26 AM
Yup, I concor with Neo
First Make sure your HL is working without adminmod.
And i dont jsut mean it boots up, play it for 1/2 a hour and see.

Then if you follow my instructions on the server info page found on the main SC home page you should have no problems.

Then we need more info, are you running listen server / ded server. Win98 / win2000???
Memory, other programs running etc???

^DiZnEy^
16-06-2002, 05:13 AM
I installed it properly but now when im creating it comes two lines saying: [admin] that name is reserved on that server
[admin] that name is reserved on that server

i`ve readen the whole readme.......!!!!!!! heeeeeeeelp! :(

(yes it works without metamod and adminmod it also works with monsters. can i have both adminmod and monsters at the same time?)

djmrmagic
16-06-2002, 06:33 AM
Cool what you need to do is look in the adminmod docs, and subtract the "use a reserved name" value from your access level that you specified in your users.ini file

Sorry but I can remember the value of the top of my head.

^DiZnEy^
16-06-2002, 07:06 AM
T H N X ;)