PDA

View Full Version : i have no legs :(

Slidje
01-07-2002, 07:26 PM
ive just got a second server up and running http://www.btinternet.com/~ezekiel.fireseed/smug.gif.
its called "i have no legs :(" .
at the moment its just a clone of the first server but will have a different set of rules and plugins . it will be on whenever SHELL :D is on .
both servers now have a player limit of 4 .
its helping the lag situation i think but if anyone gets laggier than normal they should pm me and gimme details on how many players there are in both servers and what map is running . 30 k upstream between 8 players is really really pushing it but my deathmatch and surprise servers were usually empty .

Freaking Neo
02-07-2002, 03:09 AM
whee , more insane servers ^_^

MutantMFM
02-07-2002, 10:27 AM
Oh good its another server for a moment I really though you had no legs. :rolleyes:

Turrican
02-07-2002, 11:00 AM
OMG some of teh levels on this server are teh OMG RIPENTED which means they are DEAD WACKY! ITS OMG FUN

Slidje
03-07-2002, 04:15 AM
ok hacked a few maps for SHELL :D today . ill do something to all the maps on the rotation soon .

okay now , i set both servers to maxplayers 6 so im running 12 players on 30 k . server seemed fine with 8 so now im really pushing it . what i need is the admins on dsl or reliable connectons to join when both are full and assess the lag situation .
also each admin gets put in charge of a server and you get to pick what plugins you want , map rotation , restart map , hacked map versions .

admins breakdown is as follows :
crabby = both
turrican = both
me = both
mutant = SHELL :D
suicidal = SHELL :D
andrew = i have no legs :(
penguin = i have no legs :(

anyone else wanting to be an admin contact me for a week or so of testing . i favour people with cool heads , who dont kiss ass , play on my servers a lot and friends .

Lord Booga
03-07-2002, 07:27 AM
you're giving 12 people 2.5kps of bandwidth?!?!?

whoa... that seems a bit nuts to me... esp with a mod that has lots more data than most...

Slidje
03-07-2002, 03:14 PM
12 players only works good at night since its faster and both usually arent full .
both are packed solid during the day and my sps laod is high so im gonna leave it at 4 .
personally i think 6 players is the best size for a svencoop server .