PDA

View Full Version : Blueyonder Server Problems

Xterminate
03-07-2002, 06:52 AM
Greetings, first of all don't reply to this with a load of complaints!

Anyone who has been on the Blueyonder servers’ lately may have noticed they don't work very well! Well firstly I'd like to say can you please report it either in the Blueyonder gaming message board (http://www1-gaming.blueyonder.co.uk/forums/index.jsp?action=showtopics&forum_id=88) or preferably in #bysvencoop on QuakeNET.

We recently mirrored Mr Magic's ftp, which we were expecting to have up to date maps, and pretty much added the maps to the server, although they aren’t in the map cycle or voting system yet. This caused some problems since it would seem we also installed some 1.9 maps. The Uzi’s don’t work, and the HWGrunts don’t cause any damage and only have 0hp. We are assuming this is a problem with the skills.cfg and as I typ it is being updated. The other thing we need to do is figure out which of the maps are for 1.9 and which aren’t then remove them accordingly.

If anyone knows of any other problems with the Blueyonder servers at the moment please reply with them here, and if anyone knows an easy way to distinguish between a 1.9 map and a 2.0b map that might also be helpful.

Once again, I find myself appoligising for recent problems, and I hope that normal service will be resumed shortly!

djmrmagic
03-07-2002, 04:54 PM
You have only yourself to blame for looting and pilaging my FTP site!!! :eek:

But your right I do need to have a good sort out of the maps on there and take out the trash!

(GIT)r-man
03-07-2002, 05:29 PM
LOL!!!

Slidje
03-07-2002, 07:55 PM
best thing to do if you want to run the lastest maps is install 1.9 , then all the map packs you didnt find on the svencoop site , 2.0 beta , then all the map packs from the svencoop website .
its the only way to be sure you arent running old maps and files

djmrmagic
04-07-2002, 03:27 AM
Yeh slidje is right.
The best way is to install 2b to a sep directory, then copy it over the server dir. That way you will overwrite all the old versions of the maps with the new ones.

Xterminate
04-07-2002, 03:29 AM
Yeah, that does sound quite easy! I'll see abuot getting it done asap, thanks.

djmrmagic
04-07-2002, 12:18 PM
One tip for server operators, and this is from experience. (Forgive me if im telling you somethign you already know)

If your going to make major changes. Copy your svencoop dir first. If it all goes tits up, just delete the new one and rename the copy!!