PDA

View Full Version : How bout a collaborative doodad map?

chalupamonk
18-09-2001, 02:24 PM
This isn't an announcement of a map, but rather a call for people who'd like to participate in the making of a huge doodad map. A doodad map is a map that has no real purpose, but is quite fun to run around in. I'm sure everyone here has made at least one map that had some nifty features in it, but couldn't form into something releasable.

So, my idea is to get everyone who has such a map to contribute it to a bigger map! I remember mentioning this in the sven mirc room a while ago, but I kind of fell though on that try. This time, however, I'm reaching a larger audience.

If you're interested:
AIM: chalupamonk
email: chalupamonk@aol.com

I hope a map like this can be made, because I know it could be a lot of fun.

chalupamonk
18-09-2001, 02:28 PM
Just to clarify this a bit, here are some examples:

An island pizza shack: http://therage.thebackburner.com/uploads/pizza0000.jpg

A highway with cars you have to dodge.

A labyrinth

A turret game

These were just examples, but they might give you a better idea of what I mean.

Lambda
27-09-2001, 07:41 PM
Nice pizza shack.
Does it get the red parts for the pizza from mooshing marines, and the yellow parts from mooshing headcrabs? :)
I'd like to PLAY a doodad map, but I couldent contribute in any real way.

chalupamonk
27-09-2001, 08:30 PM
I suppose they could get ingredients like that. Anyway, it looks like this is a no-go, because your're the only one who responded to me.

Lambda
28-09-2001, 04:57 PM
Hehehehehe.
Build a gimmick map.
Think of every little stupid thing thats possible, and make it so players can be sadistic bitches with it :P
Like in Questionable Ethics, that emergancy panic kill button that fries the headcrabs and stuff works on a marine I lured into the room too :)
Stuff like that, that can be used to whack things.
Aliendie3 :P