PDA

View Full Version : Awesome game running by me NOW!

cthon98
13-07-2002, 05:55 PM
In the server list, it has "Nukeland - As advertised on svencoop.com's forum" for the name. I am currently playing powernode3 but am open to requests. Comeon people, I need someone to play with.

cthon98
13-07-2002, 06:05 PM
I need some peeps!
Comeon! I'm so lonely!
Please!
I can't push the two simultaneous buttons! Help! I feel so.... Impotent!

cthon98
13-07-2002, 06:17 PM
Ok, i have switched maps to the mega monster massacre map,
PLEASE PLAY!

Slidje
13-07-2002, 09:55 PM
ok firstly STOP WITH THESE DAMN THREADS !!
people leave messages here , its not an aol chatroom .
if you really want regulars in your server , remember theyre from all over the damn world . right now its 3.28 am .
only goths and mental patients are awake in england .
get some instant messengers and call people up .

EvilPentaPenguin
14-07-2002, 12:20 PM
Does that mean your a goth or mental patient?:p

MatiX
14-07-2002, 05:05 PM
My server gets popular even tho' i've not spammed it once, and i'm still not going to because I don't need to :-P. Remember, ping is god! If people do not ping you better then others, then they simply will not join. People will only join your server if their ping is good to it. At the moment. imho, cable (1mbit) and upwards is the best kind of server you could possibly have, because cable has the best ping. You also need a fast pc, or the ping will be affected greatly. If you have the money, buy yourself your "own" dedicated server (NOT a shell, they are crap as they are used by other users as well). One host springs to mind but i'm not a spammer.

hth :O)

djmrmagic
14-07-2002, 05:11 PM
Yeh this thread is pointless!
If you post another thread like this im going to death row it.

If your starting a new server, then post ONCE, stating times, IP, maps etc. NOT every time you boot the bloody thing up.

EDIT: Sod it, its DEAD!

Slidje
14-07-2002, 09:48 PM
ping isnt really everything but for some bizzare reason , people in america get a real low ping on my uk dsl server .
your server can become an overnight sensation if you have some customisation to the maps on rotation making them funny or just simply different .

everything on my server ive tried to change to suit the players .
it was originally very small , so i upped every monsters health and the player weapon damage by editing the skill.cfg . if your gonna try this , remember to balance everything . if the damage is too high its not a challange , too low and it gets really really boring . a general rule would be increasing each weapons damage by 1 point for every creatures health going up 10 .

recently , with turrican and mad jo`s help , ive discovered how to edit maps using ripent to alter maps without needing the players to download anything .
that shot shell`s popularity into orbit .

i warn you , if you have custom sounds then dont have over 300k of forced downloads . it take an immense amount of time on a dialup and most gamers are on 56k .

i dont reccomend buying one of those dedicated servers cos you arent in charge of it directly . some errors you have to be at the pc to fix yourself . it is possible using ftp access to the server so if you have to buy one then demand it as a right . you will need it if you want your server to be how you want it.

cthon98
15-07-2002, 05:45 PM
I apologize for my actions then.