PDA

View Full Version : Block votekick

Dude
12-08-2002, 04:03 PM
Bob sent me this plugin to fix the votekick crash bug in the current version of SC. The advantage to using this solution to block this bug is that it logs information about the attempt to a file.
Here's some info about it:

~Bob-o~~: Plugin's header comment included in the source:
I wrote this because the 2.0 beta of svencoop has about 9 million
coding errors in it. One of which crashes the server is somone tries
to use the "New Built-in GUI Votekick command." What's this thing do?
Well, it blocks the command from going any further than metamod's API,
Then it tells the user that they cannot use this command, Then it logs
helpful information such as username wonid, IPaddress, and the
"person" they tried to kick.
This was written in about 20 minutes and is not a stupid simple hack.
It uses portions of my ultraban plugin (namely the IP and time
grabbing routines) but the rest was written from scratch.

How to use this plugin, what it does, and how to install it.
To use this plugin, create a new text document called "Votekickabuse.txt" in your svencoop directory. This is where all the instances of someone attempting to use the votekick command are logged, along with somme information. Here is an example:
Username:"~Bob-o~[buds]~" IP:"64.53.59.2" WONID:"90600" Time:"03:49 PM" Kickee:"Player"
Kickee is the string of text after votekick, IE: if you typed in the command "votekick asdf" then, the kickee will be "asdf".

Source is included if you are paranoid that I included some stuff in the compiled AMX. Go ahead, compile it, it's the same file size. [I'm using an old compiler version so it may be different]

You may change the log file, the command to block (default is 'votekick'), and if you want to log to a file or not.

If you have any questions, feel free to ICQ me: 23955151

Get it [B] HERE (http://www.bob-o-buds.com/crap/server/plugin_Bob-o-buds.com-Block_Votekick.zip)

djmrmagic
12-08-2002, 04:32 PM
Nice one Bob, good tool for all the 2B servers out there. Im surprised someone hasnt written it sooner.

I would have done if I had had more time.......too......much.......work........need.......to.... ..play

Mad Gonesy
12-08-2002, 05:29 PM
edited your post to remove any mention of how any moron could crash any server not running that plugin.

The issue is fixed in 2.0f, but best not to make it too public until then. Nice plugin though.

Sniper
12-08-2002, 05:53 PM
9 million coding errors. Well, now that Nivekdev and I program for svencoop, there wont be any more horrible bugs.

Right.

Slidje
12-08-2002, 06:46 PM
yeah
http://www.btinternet.com/~ezekiel.fireseed/xed.jpg

Dude
12-08-2002, 11:43 PM
There is also a plugin blocking the useless teamsay to prevent users saying banned words in teamsay, preventing the easy avoidation of some flood protection plugins, and other pointless crap associated with the stupid useless teamsay function.

Get it in http://www.bob-o-buds.com/crap/server