PDA

View Full Version : Ultra slowdown

MatiX
19-08-2002, 02:07 PM
I was just playing on Mr.Magics on assaultmesa2. It was alright to start with. But the FPS started to grind to a halt, my usual 100FPS all the way down to 4FPS.

Is this an HL engine bug or an actual SC bug?. Or did something go wrong on MR.Magics. This is very wierd because some people don't have any problem with this, and some people do (including me). I also get this ultra slowdown on Minotaurs Maze (some people will remember my earlier post about this).

Slidje said there maybe a problem with the map (mino's maze), but I don't think it is as it has just happend on assaultmesa on magics, when we all know assaultmesa normally works perfectly fine.

It's either the HL engine or a some sort of infinate loop in SC :/.

Just to recap I have a 2GHz P4 NW and Geforce3 (original). Normally 100FPS on any map with 1mbit connection (normally < 20ms)

me677
19-08-2002, 02:18 PM
I dont know, with HL in general i had no problems, but recently its all gone hawwire and will go very laggy and fps drop. I think a format of my hdd might help

(GIT)r-man
19-08-2002, 02:59 PM
Might be because Mr_magic still needs to finish tweaking his new setup...

Multi-processor, 1 gig of DDR, 15k scuzzi raid array...
these things rarely work properly first time like a plug n play sound card

:p

MatiX
19-08-2002, 03:44 PM
I dont know tho R-man. I get exactly the same fps on minotaurs maze on Blueyonder servers. The FPS gradually rised as we eliminated the monsters. Maybe an A.I. Problem?

Slidje
19-08-2002, 07:07 PM
listen to what the man said . minotaurs maze .
try that map . rpseeds are higher than nombles health on osprey .
after playing that map , i delted it , formatted it , took out the hard drive , pissed on it , burned it and buried it in the yard .
i think ill dig it up and stamp on it .

but now that you mention it , there are random times on any map that my rpseeds drop to .3 , last a few secodns and moving the mouse aruond helps it return to normal . i think its a ram bottle neck , or the pc swapping memory from teh ram to the swap file .
what operating system you got ? win2k/xp ?

MatiX
19-08-2002, 07:28 PM
XP PRO 2600, I got 512MB PC800 RDRAM + 512MB SWAP FILE on a 7200RPM 40G HD.