PDA

View Full Version : Ok... my server:

^DiZnEy^
20-09-2002, 07:41 AM
My server has been down some days because my adsl didnt work and i had to go and fix it.... well its just sometimes up anyways... :)

I dont think my server will crash so much anymore, and my server will atleast have a bit less lag cuz my server console doesnt overflow me with "svc" messages and "cant find adress:2423424232" more cuz its fixed in this version of svencoop... :)
Im also soon adding stripper2......
I have a static ip or whatever its called that when i reboot i automaticle change ip.... but does somebody know how to get an i dont know what its called.... adress... like a cs server i know: cs.taaregass.net how we get it such? how we make? hehe... anyways:
Look out for "^DiZnEy^Land! :D"!!!!!!:DDDDD

hehe....... :D

JuggleNuts
20-09-2002, 09:54 AM
http://www.no-ip.com

That's where I've gotten mine from, back when I had DSL, and my IP changed every time I restarted my PC. My address for both my web site AND all my game IP's can be used by typing 'francium.servehalflife.com'

They have a free service, and a pay service. In the free service, you can pick the first part of the address ('francium'). You can then select from a list of domains to get tacked onto ('servehalflife.com, serveftp.com, myftp.com, etc')

All it requires is a little ~350k download to install their client onto your computer, which updates their dns servers with your new IP.

I've been using it for over a year now, and wouldn't go any other way.

^DiZnEy^
20-09-2002, 10:36 AM
Ok, thnx :)