PDA

View Full Version : BeachXP BETA 1

MysticMDT
21-09-2002, 05:02 PM
Here is the SECOND beta test of beach XP.

Discription:

Your on normandy beach and must storm the beach to steal the war documents. On your way in the bunker you must destroy the anti-air flak cannons(also to capture the flag).

On the beach you encounter MG42's firing at you when you try to plant the dynamite infront of the bunker door.

GOALS:

-DESTROY THE BUNKER DOOR
-CAPTURE THE FLAG
-DESTROY THE ANTI-AIRCRAFT FLAK CANNONS
-LOCATE AND STEAL ANY SECRET DOCUMENT
-STEAL THE WAR DOCUMENTS
-TRANSMIT THE WAR DOCUMENTS
-LOCATE EXIT AND PROCEED TO THE SURFACE

Download BeachXP Beta 2 (http://geocities.com/mushroomtrip2003/downloads)

Note: Link is updated, it works now....(other host)

EvilPentaPenguin
21-09-2002, 05:05 PM
Woot, I've been waiting this! :D

MutantMFM
21-09-2002, 05:15 PM
I'm going to test this as soon as I can. :)

Panzerfaust
21-09-2002, 05:47 PM
You need some Axis Grunts, and I think ur gonna have to take out the swastika someday. (For any German players, I think the swastika is banned there.)

Suicidal
21-09-2002, 05:52 PM
a normandy map ?_? OOooooooOOOOOOoooo.... this is gonna be goood... *downloads*

(GIT)r-man
21-09-2002, 06:42 PM
Great fun...

*boots thread into best of*

MutantMFM
21-09-2002, 06:56 PM
Greta map I can't wait till you make a map continuing this one. :)

MysticMDT
21-09-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Panzerfaust
You need some Axis Grunts, and I think ur gonna have to take out the swastika someday. (For any German players, I think the swastika is banned there.)

There are new skinmodels with swastika's on it for the grunts if you haven't see them ingame...

Do you see them taking swastika's out of medal of honor or wolfstein for german players?...I think those swastika's are no problem at all..

I'm thinking of making a serie MutantMFM :)

Thanx (GIT)r-man :)

Aden
21-09-2002, 07:59 PM
You affiliated with Microsoft or something? XP
:D

Panzerfaust
21-09-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by MysticMDT
Do you see them taking swastika's out of medal of honor or wolfstein for german players?

They took em out of DOD, and I think they released special versions, I'm not sure. I'll grab the map in a sec, only had time to look at the pix.

MysticMDT
22-09-2002, 12:14 AM
Aden: LOL :)

Panzerfaust: Oh really?

WARNING!!: THIS MAP IS FOR PLAYERS OF 15 YEAR OR OLDER.

If your 15 year or older you may also look the screenshots... :)

Well, this must make some people afraid :)

Penguin
22-09-2002, 10:12 AM
first off...please make a decent ending...i really dont like walking into a black door...and thats it.

Due to the nature of the map...maybe a part where the players run towards an american chopper on the surface would be cool to end this.

Other than that...took me and mutantmfm about 45mins to an hour to beat...very good.

Also...the 2nd AA gun:
we could run right up to it as demomen and just sit under the barrel and shoot it...maybe make somthing so that this cant happen...otherwise its not that tough.

Finally...i'd like to see some more "surprise" elements and special effects...that detpack in the beginning was very cool.

BMT
22-09-2002, 10:49 AM
Bloody Marvellous! Until the game crashed :mad: Dunno if this was a map bug or a sven bug, but I was playing over the net on my own server with another player and during a fight with a hwgrunt the game just shut down with no explanation :confused:

From what I've seen tho the gameplay seems to be a mix of the old Barney Beach and the recent RTCW, it's damn good!

MysticMDT
22-09-2002, 12:32 PM
Penguin: There is no ending :) Yes i know it sucks walking in to a black door but i had to stop making brushes ..It became very too large with overload of entity's ..The map is over 11000 faces and entity limit is almost reached too. (was reached but i deleted allot)

Oh.. so you could sit under the barrel of the second AA gun? I don't have a clue how you get there but i will fix that :)

More suprises/effects = More entity's and brushes :( I hope i can add some more if i got more ideas for the next beta versions.

Thanx for the bug reports and ideas pinguin.

BMTwigzta: yes, i had few crashes too with this map..i think because of the overflow of entity's. (Cause of those hwgrunts gunfire ) Be quick to kill Hwgrunt before you crash maybe? :)

Thanx for the feedback!

Nemesis6
23-09-2002, 08:29 AM
*straps on mk2 helmet* *waits untill ramp drops*

I'm gonna try it!

Shadow Eliminator
23-09-2002, 09:51 AM
wow, I love this map, its probably one of my all time favourites.
Nice job.

NeWaBoRtIoN
24-09-2002, 04:16 PM
needs more of a beach,more like dod_dog1 the mgs were very hard to get past,i liked that
i crashed b4 i beat it and i have to restart but i played it and it was good,i dont think u should of used the uzi or the mag,
it really takes the feeling outa the game

MysticMDT
24-09-2002, 06:18 PM
Here is BeachXP beta 2... Check the beachxp readme file for the changes in this version.

BeachXP Beta 2 (http://geocities.com/mushroomtrip2003/downloads)

NeWaBoRtIoN: Yeah it's kinda different as dod beach but r_speeds are much better here. I try to replace as much weapons as possible. For the uzi i dont have one yet, but in beta 2 the MP5 is now replaced too :)

Note: link updated

(GIT)r-man
25-09-2002, 03:15 AM
just downloaded it...I see the bsp has the same name as beta1. This might cause a few problems for people with the first version installed.

I'll run the new version later when my mate gets home from work (just got him into SC last week and he's hooked)

look for the "gitty server" after 6pm GMT

BMT
25-09-2002, 12:36 PM
Crashed again *annoyed* :mad:

MysticMDT
25-09-2002, 01:26 PM
Yeah they got the same name..thought people would see when joining and there version is different then they must know new version is there for download. Shall see what name i will give for next versions..

Cool :) I will check out your server (GIT)r-man ,but dont know how late..

BMTwigzta: Hmm i understand your annoyed.. i only had few crashes on my own pc , after that never again. I played the map few times on (GIT) r-man server and another without problems....thank god :)

Hezus
25-09-2002, 02:23 PM
Great map ! The idea is not that origional but you worked it out very well. Good gameplay and architecture !

A good point to chance is the door_rotatings. They are quite annoying when people try to go trough them all together. A normal door is allot better for gameplay.

About that Swastika stuff :

As far I know its only banned in Germany. Do like the makers of Return to castle Wolfenstein did :

When you are planning to make a serie it would be nice to make an install program. Put a message before you can install like this :

Warning ! Its forbidden to have a copy or to play this map in Germany !

That should clear you of any problems ! :)

MysticMDT
25-09-2002, 03:43 PM
Thx Hezus and all others soldiers who gave feedback ;)

Yes, i've noticed these doors don't work very well. :P

I don't think it will be as big as PG and that i will put it in a installer, but you never know..

DjDemon
28-09-2002, 03:32 AM
I liked this map very much :)

This was a map I've been waiting for. I ever wanted a Storm-the-Beach-Map for Svencoop.
Would be cool if you include more DoD-Sounds for the cool Atmosphere.

I'm looking forward for next version :cool:

MysticMDT
28-09-2002, 10:38 AM

Next map will be kind of capture the flag style...if it succeed as i have in mind it will be as Conquest (Battle field 1942).

Players must capture a flag on a Axis airfield and other places..

DAN200
28-09-2002, 03:20 PM
Do you see them taking swastika's out of medal of honor or wolfstein for german players?

Yes.

Skud
29-09-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Penguin
Due to the nature of the map...maybe a part where the players run towards an american chopper on the surface would be cool to end this.i might be being picky but i dont think choppers had been invented in ww2 if thats when this map is supposed to be.

havent played it but it must be good if its in here

bilbo
30-09-2002, 10:27 PM
i havent played it yet but couldnt you make another map (beta1(A)) to stop the overflow of ents?

i have battlefield 1942 (URL=http://www.battlefield1942.com]www.battlefield1942.com[/URL])
but it doesnt have ANY scripted sequences... it would be better if i had them, their isnt really a decent (suspence is lacking) beach map

MysticMDT
30-09-2002, 11:35 PM
It's not big problem with overflow entity ... Only few people CAN have a crash.. I've played it on dedicated servers with players without problems. Looks like it runs better on dedicated servers because those servers have lower decal counts etc.

But even on not dedicated server it runs good as far i know, just try it...

Beta 2 (http://www.projectguilty.com/beachxpbeta2.zip) is released allready.

skidz
04-10-2002, 06:36 PM
i tryed to test your map but it almost imposible. im sure if i got lucky i could get past the beggining, but its way to hard to lpay with just one person, even two for that matter.

Nemesis6
04-10-2002, 06:50 PM
Black hw guys :)

Corona
05-10-2002, 01:01 PM
This map is going into my head as another special Svencoop map, this is a piece of art.
Here are my comments, 1)Dont hate me 2)Dont take them personaly 3)Ignore if you dont agree with them.

1)I spawned with grenades, shouldnt grenades be reserved for a demo man only?
2)I can see that the teamplay on this map can be great! With the classes!
3)Make the motar shoot diffrent places, using the random and time_random entity. ALso, I think that should also attack the water side.
4)Get a costum water texture, that whould make it more sexier.
5)The up/down/left/right range of the cannons is a bit to far I think. The monster controling them, cant see me, but still he makes a perfect shot on me.
6)I got stuck on the dynamite at the first door.
7)You should try scaling the textures up on the first open area, and reduce the r_speeds even more! :D
8)I think the map has to small corridors for a 16 player game.
Also, your doors automaticly close, that is something I hate verry much when going trough a hallway with multiple people, it slows the game.
9)Why couldnt I trow grenades in the machinegun pits at the beginning? Why is there a trigger push there? (Think of the poor demo man).
This also applies for the AA flak cannons.
10)The messages that indicate whats going on (you stole ***), sound bad. THE DOCUMENTS WHERE STOLEN. It should be: You stole the documents. This way, it sounds like your doing something good :p
11)You have some {, grate textures. But they are func_walls instead of func_illiosionarys that are clipped.
It feels unrealistic that you cant shoot trough such big holes.
12)Why do you have to break the wall, at the first "control point"?. Why dont put a door in it, or (if you want to keep it a secret) a bookshelf that you have to move.
13)The rotating wooden doors, open towards you. Its more handier to let them open the way you aproach them, this way the flow whould be better. Otherwise, you whould have to walk a piece back to let the door open and go in; wich is easyer said then done when you have loads op people blocking u.
14)You carved a pipe, make them yourself.
15)When going to the second flakcannon area, you placed a cratewall to lower the r_speeds. But the crates look a bit to good piled, make it a big more rubisch like the rest of the crates.
16)Maybe you should make the breakable around the AA guns a circle instead of an block.

I like this map verrrrrrrrrry mucho :D

MysticMDT
05-10-2002, 03:56 PM
Yikes!! This is insane :P That are allot of question you got there..my english is not very well..

1) Every class has grenades as 'always' only demoman got 10 grenades the other classes have 5.

3) I had allot more in mind, like mortor is hitting the boat , boat gone, but i decided not to do it and let the mortor hit the players on beach to make it more difficult to destroy the mg42 guns.(cant stand on 1 place to shoot them is better,but still there are places)

4) If you had seen the early picture in "Work in Progress" you see I've used custom water texture...I removed it and replaced it with this one because it's better with the skybox texture.

5) Can be improved , but will not be much different otherwise its to easy i noticed...

6) The dynamite is a solid when it appears..dont stand in the middle where the dynamite comes.

7)Im happy with the scale now,it will be ugly if i scale them higher. Need other/better textures..

8) You walk in bunkers with small halls and tiny underground rooms...that is what i had in mind. But yes,sometimes it's a bit to small. Its for sure the door need a fix..

9) It would be very easy if you could..If you're a demoman you could destroy everything easy this way. BUT ..still demoman sathels or grenades from any class can be trown under the AA guns...You must trow over the ground and it will go under the barrel..Only with AAguns you can do this.

10) Somewhere i knew i did it wrong again... as i said my english is not very well, but with your help here i can fix it ;)

11) I don't really care about this...

12) there are 6 million ways...

13) see question 8..

14) Because it look carved it does not mean it's carved..I haven't carved anything in this map. Half-life engine made it look that way somehow...

15) Allready spent time on this and think its fine now...cant lower it otherwise you see to much and get higher r_speeds but rotating those crates or something does not add something to speed ..good piled crates is perfect here.

16) Can..not really needed.

The end, any more? HALT! ;)

------------------------------------------------------------
Black axis soldiers is indeed not history correct ;)

Impossible is not really true..it's difficult.

Nomble
05-10-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Nemesis6
Black hw guys :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAH GOOD POINT HAHAHAHAHAH

Corona
05-10-2002, 04:58 PM
4) www.planethalflife.com/wadfather/ Get a WW2 normandy skybox :D

6) Make it a fast func_door, that comes up from the floor.

9) Riight, think of some way to make the players aware of this.

10) You can ask the forum for help, I'm sure they want to help ;D

11) You should, its a part of making realistic maps.

MysticMDT
05-10-2002, 05:52 PM
11) There is no need to shoot trough the grate

Aurora
25-08-2003, 11:58 AM
Could someone send / upload the map, the link is broken.

MysticMDT
25-08-2003, 04:38 PM
Here you go...

http://editingarchive.com/view.php?ID=268

MysticMDT
05-09-2003, 01:11 PM
I believe this is the second time I get a mail somebody replied at this thread then I go here see no reply of that person..

Whats up with that? Mr. franswa replied it says.. or is it a new virus that sends sc reply mails? :/

Buzz
08-09-2003, 06:36 PM
I CANT DOWNLOAD IT.......... i click on the link and it says this page cannot be found

MysticMDT
08-09-2003, 11:38 PM
It works, but maybe you have to copy paste the url?

Larry
13-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Very nice map :-)

Hmmm,few things i noticed:
-the barriers on the beach seem to "fly" over the ground
-when u go over the hill left of the second barrier,u can get stuck on the edge,this is caused by the engine,u can make the egde smoother or try to make a clip-brush.

PS: There will be further maps? ;-)

MysticMDT
13-10-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Larry
Very nice map :-)

Hmmm,few things i noticed:
-the barriers on the beach seem to "fly" over the ground
-when u go over the hill left of the second barrier,u can get stuck on the edge,this is caused by the engine,u can make the egde smoother or try to make a clip-brush.

PS: There will be further maps? ;-)

Thx larry,

The things you mention are known bugs, but since the map is not very well, I stopped updating it and instead I'm putting my ideas in Afrikakorps( not to mention all other maps I'm working on). And there we are at your question : New beachxp ( beachxp2) is afrikakorps, so there will be more maps coming, but have to wait a little longer.

EDIT: btw, If you crash on beachxp its the models..try replacing them and your ok.. I made the skin so thats why there crap...

Larry
13-10-2003, 04:56 PM
never crashed :D

cyberdaemon
08-11-2003, 01:38 PM
thats really good map , but can you tell me how is that
backround shooting effects done.this shooting all the time ;)
and these nazis are really hard to kill , i died 20 times before i breaked trought the defence on beach.
anyway , nazis aint look like they are nazis , they look more like they was stolen from toonrun :P

MysticMDT
09-11-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by cyberdaemon
thats really good map , but can you tell me how is that
backround shooting effects done.this shooting all the time ;)
and these nazis are really hard to kill , i died 20 times before i breaked trought the defence on beach.
anyway , nazis aint look like they are nazis , they look more like they was stolen from toonrun :P

Background sound are ambience sounds from halflife put together in multimanager and trigger it. Uhhm I dont know how you can compare toonrun models with these models,there just hgrunt with other skin... anyway the models are crap and cause troubles, delete/replace them. Maybe after afrikakorps is released I update beachxp with afrikakorps models, dunno...

cyberdaemon
10-11-2003, 11:55 AM

Background sound are ambience sounds from halflife put together in multimanager and trigger it. Uhhm I dont know how you can compare toonrun models with these models,there just hgrunt with other skin... anyway the models are crap and cause troubles, delete/replace them. Maybe after afrikakorps is released I update beachxp with afrikakorps models, dunno...

thats good idea
btw. can you copy these ambience entities into another level or prefab and post em here ?

MysticMDT
10-11-2003, 05:51 PM

btw. can you copy these ambience entities into another level or prefab and post em here ?

lol , no.. Cyberdeamon : Easier way is that you can also record a ambience sound and make it in a loop instead of 7 independed sounds, did this with afrikakorps, its a sample of saving private ryan , hehe..

cyberdaemon
10-11-2003, 11:57 PM

lol , no.. Cyberdeamon : Easier way is that you can also record a ambience sound and make it in a loop instead of 7 independed sounds, did this with afrikakorps, its a sample of saving private ryan , hehe..

and also in a beach xp ? and this will take alot of hdd.
i mean for these who dl map trought game :P
atleast fev megs.or you can use mp3s instead of wavs ?

MysticMDT
11-11-2003, 05:26 AM
Ofcourse you don't going to record sound of 100 mb or something and it's not needed. Just need to get a good sample that you can loop so you wont need allot of space. My sample is 445 kb. The editor can't read mp3. If you make a sample ,make it mono 8 bit 22khz. Beachxp uses 7 independed sounds.

Wildcat
11-11-2003, 08:08 PM
This is the BEST map i have ever played.

*Nazi comes behind me, I turn around. *

*gunshots*

*sound of body dropping dead*

(The NAZI is down)

P.S. I don't think the m4/m16 was yet in use during World War II

They used the tommy gun and the m1 garand.

m16 began its life in the vietnam war and in counter terror.

cyberdaemon
12-11-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat01
This is the BEST map i have ever played.

*Nazi comes behind me, I turn around. *

*gunshots*

*sound of body dropping dead*

(The NAZI is down)

P.S. I don't think the m4/m16 was yet in use during World War II

They used the tommy gun and the m1 garand.

m16 began its life in the vietnam war and in counter terror.

m16 was constructed in 1960s it was m16a1 then they made
another one - m16a2 in 70s
and in this map mostly this one kills who sees enemy first , or shoots first.another thing is if it comes to reloading.
smarter players hide or swich weapons offcource.
but monsters dont hide , they are best prey when they reload.
i kill alot of them when they do that ;)

cyberdaemon
12-11-2003, 12:43 AM
Ofcourse you don't going to record sound of 100 mb or something and it's not needed. Just need to get a good sample that you can loop so you wont need allot of space. My sample is 445 kb. The editor can't read mp3. If you make a sample ,make it mono 8 bit 22khz. Beachxp uses 7 independed sounds.

i dunno , cant do one myself.but i can ask this - can i use that beach xp sound :D please

MysticMDT
12-11-2003, 10:12 AM
Wildcat: thx

Cyberguy: You really want it? hmm, shall look to pm it to you when I found some time.( mailbox if full of stuff..)

Oh almost forgot: About the weapons and stuff in beacxp: I made it brainless, just added weapons in that looked a bit good. lol, dont pay attention at it, as I said this map is not so well, beachxp2 (afrikakorps) will be more history correct.

If I had found a nukelauncher I had added it in too..no joke.

cyberdaemon
12-11-2003, 11:10 AM
better give me your homapage adress , where i can dl beachxp map , this link here woulnt work :(
but the one on your site works correctly.it has also sound files with it , when i dl map :D and that must be there.

MysticMDT
13-11-2003, 02:14 AM
Cyber: There are no sound included with the map , it uses ambience from halflife such as distant mortar and gunfires, just decompile the ambience dir from the PAK0.PAK in your half-life\valve directory and there you have allot of sounds that you can use.

Site is here : http://mysticmdt.cjb.net/

cyberdaemon
13-11-2003, 11:16 AM
Cyber: There are no sound included with the map , it uses ambience from halflife such as distant mortar and gunfires, just decompile the ambience dir from the PAK0.PAK in your half-life\valve directory and there you have allot of sounds that you can use.

Site is here : http://mysticmdt.cjb.net/

yes , but i need to put them together then into 1 sound :(

MysticMDT
13-11-2003, 11:26 AM

yes , but i need to put them together then into 1 sound :(

No, if you use the half-life sounds you make ambience_generics and put them into multi_manager and trigger it with trigger_multiple , don't have to record it into one sound.

Can somebody help cyberdeamon?

cyberdaemon
14-11-2003, 03:11 PM
better , make an example prefab room with these entities inside :)

MysticMDT
15-11-2003, 12:58 PM
better , make an example prefab room with these entities inside :)

Will do for you when I'm finished doing stuff, hold on ..sorry.

MysticMDT
15-11-2003, 10:08 PM
Here is the rmf file, you can compile it and see it ingame if you want.

cyberdaemon
10-12-2003, 07:06 PM
Here is the rmf file, you can compile it and see it ingame if you want.

but it stops when im not in the area :(
i want it play unconditionaly 24/7

MysticMDT
10-12-2003, 09:18 PM
Put func_triggermultiple everywhere you want to hear the sound, otherwise use single sound and let it loop and place ambient generics in every area.

cyberdaemon
11-12-2003, 02:50 AM
Put func_triggermultiple everywhere you want to hear the sound, otherwise use single sound and let it loop and place ambient generics in every area.

about ambience generics - i can use "play wverywhere" :)
hey doesnt it works when i use `multi_trigger with "pushables" and
put the pushable unbreakable crate into middle of it ?

snitch
01-02-2004, 04:20 PM
what about getting another mirror up ? can dl from the original :/

MysticMDT
02-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by snitch
what about getting another mirror up ? can dl from the original :/

Shall try to make another mirror soon but there are difficulties at the moment..network attacked by hacker, my mail got mydoom virrus etc..its removed btw ..visit my site about the mydoom virus :/

MysticMDT
03-02-2004, 01:21 AM
New Beachxp Beta 2 mirror:

http://www.edgefiles.com/files/11784.html

Download away!

Lento
03-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Yeah, btw, the hwgrunt and gruntreplacements in beachxp beta 2 seems incompatible with 3.0, they seems to cause lockups, glitches and even crashes.

MysticMDT
03-02-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Lento
Yeah, btw, the hwgrunt and gruntreplacements in beachxp beta 2 seems incompatible with 3.0, they seems to cause lockups, glitches and even crashes.

Yep, the models are not good and cause crashes, best is to replace them. They crash with 2.0 too.

S.T.A.R.S Forrest
27-04-2004, 05:02 PM
YAY another game based in world war 2 woo.....

AL|Malfunction
17-06-2004, 05:56 PM
the link doesnt seem to work for me :hev:

goanna
19-06-2004, 06:09 AM
http://goannasvencoop.com/beachxp_beta2.zip

Prof. BallsKnocker
21-03-2005, 05:40 AM
/me congradulates person on a good map