Thread: I am going to pretty much copy Toon Run

Manipulator of Vertecies WarpZone's Avatar

I am going to pretty much copy Toon Run

Sorry to the creator of the original Toon Run, but I'm basically gonna steal your idea. Hope you all enjoy the map when it's finished. If you have any suggestions or requests, post 'em here!

Screenshots:

-Teh Hammre!

A generic scene

Cool

The Hammer looks cool...
    To sad no one is working on a LOTR Two Towers map.... ITS THE BEST MOIVE IN MY LIFE!
    Walking in the World of Warcraft.

Thumbs up

Nice, a "toony" sort of map isn't something u see very often. In fact, other than toonrun 1 + 2, this is all i've seen thats like that!

Artist
    Well I didnt invent the toon style so I will never ever "trademark" it for my maps, especially because many toonrun scenes werent very "toon-styled" on a closer look.

I think there's still a whole universe of ideas to implement in a toon map (remember all those roadrunner toons ), so dont call it a copy, its your very own image of a toon map and the screen shot suggests its totally different from toonrun.

You (koelzk) brought it to Sven Co-op and I think that's good enough. Toonrun is so unique from most of the other maps that get made that it appeals to a whole new audience. Which is great thing.

Glad to see someone else working on another toon map with more cel modelled goodness. Can't wait to play it Warpzone.

I added a second screenshot. Mapping is moving along at a surprising pace, and I think it's shaping up to be really nice terrain cosnidering how careful I'm being about not getting a MAX_MAP_PLANES like last time. =/

I suppose I should finish up the basic layout soon so I can start to focus on modelling, monster placement, gameplay, and finally adding details.

-a cave or something

*****is-not
    Map looks cool, layout looks a little open though, sure it ain't gonna be r_speed hell?
    Butemam! Gonomes? Revive?

I normally don't reply because If I like a map, all I say is "It looks really nice" or something.
    Today I'll make an exception, your map looks damn nice, apart from toonrun, its looking really original, the grass texture is especially nice, as is the hammer model. Will you use your cell shaded bomb nade replacement?
    I'm really looking forward to this, Are you planning to replace all the monsters/weapons in the map? I think you should take the time to do so as having non-cartoon models in the map tends to spoil things a bit. (referring to toonrun)
    Phew, sorry for all the random questions.

Ahhh

Look forward to the Warp Pipes... They are really nice and good... i've tried them

Ah yay another toon map to get gibbed in.
    ½

Thats a very nice hammer, the cell shaded effect looks great.

yay smid hands btw thats a nice looking map too

Re: Ahhh

Originally posted by SEebiass
    Look forward to the Warp Pipes... They are really nice and good... i've tried them
    Oh, those weren't for this map. They were for my Super Mario map project. =P

Don't mind him, folks, he's just overly proud to be helping. ~_~;

hehe

Maybe your right WarpZone
    Theres a good reason for it, im just 16, ive never did such things before, you are english am i right and 20 years old ( WarpZone ) so yeah ,i have a good reason...

Looks cool!, hammer is awesome, love the hand on it. But how is everyone saying all this stuff on two pics?!, waht cell shaped stuff, ! I cant really say the mapp looks good buy two pics, i dont see how everyone else is. Did i miss something.

Although the textures look cool!. I think you should use the blobs for you map (the one on your site)

Originally posted by Original|Prankster
    That was an extemely important post Don't spam things just to resurrect a thread...if the author of it wants to say something...LET HIM. Otherwise, u have to point in resurrecting it.

im a cop you idiot The-Real-Game's Avatar
    Grrrrrrr
    Yet again another act of pointless stupidity on your behalf prankster. For a start if you read the rules about img tags it says no POINTLESS pictures. Secondly it's spam.

Consider this your final warning.

The OP is a nub