Thread: Using the COMMAND option while while in Game

Using the COMMAND option while while in Game

Some questions re: the Command option in Sven Games:

1- In Settings; Timelimits; Disable Timelimits, I used it to disable the time countdown while in a game yet when I press TAB it continues to countdown?

2- In Settings what does 'HUD-Fastswitch do? I haven't noticed a change on or off?

2- In the Model option, for Sven-Coop Model Pack1, do I have to download something extra to get the extra models it lists? Whatever I choose show the HEV suited player?

Thx!
    -----
    l8r,
    Mike

1. Do you mean that there is still a time countdown shown on the scoreboard after disabling timelimits through the VGUI menu?

2. Hud fastswitch means that if you only have one weapon in a catergory when you press the key for that catergory it instantly brings out that weapon rather than opening the HUD weapon menu.

3. Yes, the 'Surreal' player models set, the HEV suit is the default player model for when you don't have that model. You can get the model pack from here.

Count down

Don't pay any attention to the count down in the VGUI menu in-game. It will continue to count down but when it reaches "0" nothing will happen the game will continue.

1- Yes, the countdown still continues on the scoreboard. But as Goanna says it won't actually end the game, so I won't worry. BTW, can you set that timelimit? How about disable it by default? Don't see anything in the config.cfg file.

2- Thx, never knew that. Just checked the config.cfg and have changed Hud_fastswitch to "1"

3-Thx, just downloaded the Surreal set from the Sven site.

---

Also wondering, can you tell which of the options are currently in effect in the Command menu before you change it (particularly the 'On/Off ones)? I've looked but can't tell which are enabled at any given moment.

Thx,
    -----
    l8r,
    Mike

Manager
    BTW, can you set that timelimit? How about disable it by default?
    Timelimits are set per-map... you can change or disable them by altering each map's CFG file (MAPNAME.cfg in the SvenCoop\maps\ folder... 0 to disable).

Also wondering, can you tell which of the options are currently in effect in the Command menu before you change it (particularly the 'On/Off ones)? I've looked but can't tell which are enabled at any given moment.
    Well, if you know what console command the button activates, you can type (for example)
    mp_notimelimit
    into the console, and it'll say "'mp_notimelimit' is '1'", or whatever.

Otherwise no :/.
    Sven Viking

...you can type (for example)
    mp_notimelimit into the console, and it'll say "'mp_notimelimit' is '1'", or whatever.

Otherwise no :/.
    That's what I thought.. thx.
    -----
    l8r,
    Mike