Thread: Official ::Sven Co-op: The Movie:: thread

Black Mesa: Source Director Kalashnikovo's Avatar

Official ::Sven Co-op: The Movie:: thread

Well, several mappers have contacted me and have worked on a few small outlying areas to the storyline that we currently have planned for this movie project. However we have one mapper come forward to start work on the main setting itself, a military base in the canyons of the USA.

For anyone who has not heard of this yet, myself and several others are getting together in order to create Sven Co-op:The Movie. We hope it to be something like the militia movie and right now it is looking like we will be doing our own maps with our own script. However if there is no final sight of completion within 4 to 5 weeks, we will use a pre-designed map which has receieved high honors from the sven co-op community and design a script around that. Choosing a pre-done map would be much easier then mapping our own true, but with this project there is already an immense storyline developing within the current storyline.

I would like all those who have previously posted on the other thread about the movie to please repost on here with an e-mail and any instant messanger you use (MSN, AIM, etc) so we can get in contact. In your post when you say you want to join the team, please tell us what you can do. If you know how to model, tell us. We truely want this project to go forward but we cannot without a dedicated team. If you love Sven Co-op, and if you want to help, join our team and lets start rolling!

Manager
    You're going to need alot of mappers if you want to make that storyline into a map within 5 weeks...

Sign meh up! I can map (go here to see some work I did bout 4 months ago)

http://www.geocities.com/kelpfarm2001/Nira.zip

No projects for me to work on right now, and my schedule is wiiiide open.
    EDIT:

EMAIL: KelpFarm2000@hotmail.com
    AIM: KelpFarm2k

I can also meet in IRC if you want.
    Kelp is not a fish.

Freaky
    You know when it feel like if someone is watching you? That's me.
    Hi Kalashnikovo. Not sure if i need to post my email but do it anyway:

swe_sneaker@hotmail.com

I havent worked much on my part lately since i needed a break from mapping (sounds unbelievable, doesnt it?).
    But ive gotten a nice good break now and getting back to the mapping.

The holidays has started so im rather free for some months ahead but not completly. Going to Greece the 27 June and stays there for 2 weeks.

Thumbs up count me in

I'd be honored to contribute to this movie if allowed.

No modeling or mapping experience though but I can do player or voice acting for you.

Email -> woodsie38@juno.com

AOL -> Woodsie38

Yahoo -> woodsie38_2000

Since im a security guard, will i have to be a player model or a an NPC?

if NPC, pick up tundra_cool's SUPER-defenition Barnabus, he has wounds, an empty-ammoed m4 on his back. etc. etc.
    Dinner.

no, everyone would be live and kicking player. I've contacted the people who have given me their e-mails.

Chief of ECSS puff the magic dog's Avatar
    I'm mapping the final scene i hope this give my mapping a descent name

puff
    ADIVISE TO SAIN PEOPLE: DONT EAT LIMA BEANS
    'im pink and im fluffy im a pink fluffy puffy'

If you want me to like, model anything custom, or someone to sing the patented 'seph2k sucks' song, contact me.
    Sven Co-op 3D/2D Artist

http://www.rustfall.com/osidio/

Visit my site damnit!

Guilt is obsolete Irregular Hunter's Avatar
    Be sure to use a few of our SD models
    Including a little SD ot.. model that will be released soon, anyways I'm glad there will be a sven co-op movie
    "Remember, the only common factor in all of your dissatisfying relationships is you." - Despair.com

We're looking for some grunts and contruction workers etc. The grunts would look the same, but characteristics like different faces would be the best to tell the difference between them. Close enough to tell they are frlom the same unit, different enough to tell whose who.

Anyways I will have some overhead images and some art for the mappers starting on the MAIN setting (Last Standing) soon.

Guilt is obsolete Irregular Hunter's Avatar
    player model grunts? That can be arranged
    "Remember, the only common factor in all of your dissatisfying relationships is you." - Despair.com

i'm neither a mapper nor a modeler, but an avid sven player and also a rather decent movie maker. and if i can get my microphone fixed i can do voice acting, though i'm not sure i'm all that good. ive tried to make my own sven promo on my own but that went to hell when my editing program decided not to work ne more. i dont kno how u plan on actually "filming" this but if u need help i can do it easily and with good quality. i should have my software working by the end of the week or early next week. ill film it (if u want me to) by hooking up my digital camcorder to my comptuer and doing it that way. if u want/need my help u can email me at CaptInsane@comcast.net (for those of u not affiliated w/this please no spam) or IM me on AOL instant messenger: screen name CaptInsaneAF (subject to change in the near future possibly)
    Last edited by Capt. Insane; 23-06-2003 at 12:15 PM.
    "I'm a rage-aholic! I can't live without rage-ahol!"

"I am so smart! S-M-R-T."

Of course! I also thought you maybe needed some new refreshing models too (=

MSN: kristoffer_lov@hotmail.com
    AIM: WierDueLoeSt
    YAHOO: kristoffer_lov

(i use msn all day long)

http://www.lillbrorsan.webb.se - My private website with online portfolio

I would be interested in such a project, as I have done many machinimas in the past.

Other then technical things(IE film techniques, script, realism and the like), I do primarily sound effect mixing and all that jazz. If you need a person with the background, you can contact me through my email listed on my profile.
    "Whoever seeks shall find, for none that is hidden will not manifest."
    "Hire your teenagers while they still know everything."

I just have quick question:

What is the storyline of the movie? The actual making of the mod? Or seomthing else...

And also explain how exactly you'll DO the movie....

I'm interested in doing this, but my mapping skills probably won't be enough, but I'd like to contribute to it in other ways.....and no, I can't model or code or anything else....except maybe voice acting......

If I were you I would work with 3d Studio Max and use the animation features of Character Studio to do this. The animations for the players a a little bland and any acting they do would have to be imagined. Sorry to say this, but if you do it with players running around in the rooms and then dubb voices in, the movie will be overwhelmingly lackluster. Take a lesson from that Quake 3 movie, the one about the prison being attacked by the aliens. They used the ingame models, but they did the animations for them independent of the game. They had the models flipping, jumping off walls, punching people, all things that the default animations did not include. That is the way I would do it if I were you.
    I'm not your worst nightmare, I am your EVERY nightmare.

Welcome to hell! Spend your time in hell! I could try to change it but it suits me too well...
    the quake 3 movie took a team of professionals over a year to complete

I WANT!!

I WANT IN PLZ!

AIM: johndapr0
    E-mail:johnm845@hotmail.com

i would LOVE to be part of this movie plz let me be part i would definetly apreciate it

Models made with love... FlashBang's Avatar
    what slidje said: While it'd be the slickest method, it'd take at least 3-4 ppl who are quite chaps with max. They don't have to be absolute professionals. It's not exactly difficult to do the video (at least in the quality of the quake3-video) but it's a SHITLOAD of work. PLUS the rendering-time!

Enough work to keep a team busy for a loooong time...

But hey, if you find ppl that are willing to do the job: so much the better!
    "Want an honest answer or a polite lie?" - FB

"Yes, it was a glorious time to be an american." - M.M.

Well Kal, like I said a couple of times before.... count me in, just not the mapping part ... been busy with that already ... but I can do alot more then just mapping, so if you need help you know how to contact meh ;-)

Im not sure of what I can do but would love to help. I dont know if you already have one or if you really need one but I can supply you with a TeamSpeak Server so you can communicate. Dont know if you know what it is but you can cheack it out at www.teamspeak.org If you need one just let me know. If you dont need it I would still like to help some way.

Contact me
    AIM: ChrisSch17
    MSN: gizmo1617@hotmail.com
    Email: crschulk@fuse.net

Let me know

If theres still a spot
    AIM:Vash988
    Email:vash939@aol.com

1337ly Trained Idiot

I'd say, take Field Medic

Alright, I'll get some images up for the mappers once I get them scanned. Anyways if you could register at hlfileshack.servehalflife.com and post on the movie thread there it would be greatly appriciated.

I'l get the script finished up here in a few days and then I'll pass it out to both the visual actors and the voice actors.