Thread: Actual

Actual

After ages of putting it off and fiddling........my small map series is here.

The story is u and a couple of busines men are on a flight to a classified area when you run into a freak electrical storm over BlackMesa at the time of the disaster and crash land.

The first map is pretty short because it was only meant as an intro but its pretty cool being in the plane crash. The second map is quite a bit bigger and lasts much longer.

Unfortunately the r_speeds are bad in places because it would take to much time to fix. Anyway overall its a pretty descent map pack. Enjoy

To install put all the files in the svencoop directory

http://www.geocities.com/the_6th_mon...Re-Release.zip

To make the link work write click the link, get the properties then put the address in the address bar then go there.....I know, I know stupid geocities but I'm not bothered.

Suggestions and whatever are welcome, oh yeah and this my first proper released map for svencoop so be kind
    Last edited by The_6th_Monkey; 08-04-2005 at 09:23 AM.
    Back occasionally after a long break from svencoop

Weeeeeee Monkey, this one was great =D keep making maps like this

THx

Hope I get a few more reviews like that

Oh yeah and people plz tell me what ya think of individual parts

Oh yeah and if ya try it plz review cause I seen people playing it online
    Last edited by The_6th_Monkey; 02-08-2003 at 10:36 AM.

Come on plz try it guys. I've only got one comment and no feedback of whats good or bad in the map
    Last edited by The_6th_Monkey; 02-08-2003 at 02:06 PM.

trigger_delay & func_lazy TrEmPlEr's Avatar  
    Artist

Thumbs up

i like the map , and all was good , hey , make more of this map !
    only the ugly airplane is bad , more not

here
    Modstatus: Unknown

good but..

your first map was crampt and dark, which is not neccesarily a bad thing but judging by the number of monsters in the second map, i'm guessing you'll need a group of 4 or more to enjoy it properly. And your first map can probably only take about 3 people before it becomes too crowded and you cant get anywhere fast.

My advice is that you leave the second map as it is (its really good)

but you should make the first map slightly longer and the plane larger at least, it's not that its bad design but that you are so squashed you can't see any of it

also, please put some lights in the tunnels, even dim ones, its hard to see the monsters with players everywhere in the dark.

Otherwise GREAT WORK!!! MAKE MORE MAPS!!!
    SCI: "i invented the Gluon gun, but i could never bring myself to use it on another living thing... You don't look like you have any problems with killing".
    Gordon: W007 lets go pop some headcrabs!!!

k thx for the feedback. I think I'll use some of those ideas

Ultimate Monster Mapper amckern's Avatar  
    Programmer
    i would like to play it, but i can't due to bandwidth over use at geocities

i will mirrior it at SP NS once i can download it

i hope it turns out good

amckern
    SC Kicks ass!

My Maps - SC_28, SC_AVP, SC_Duno, SC_Max, Opposing Forts, SC_Massive, SC_Oni
    My Web Sites - AMMAHLS

hmmm works fine for me.....have ya tried right clicking, then going to properties and copying the address into the address bar.....oh yeah and thx

Manager
    Well.. I played it and I must say I was very suprised by the plane crash. That is a really good sequence. Then my raving kinda died becuase of the rest of the map.

First it`s kind of short and I think the story doesn`t really come trough, wich is no suprise because it`s short ofcourse. Futher more I think the texuturing could use some more work because some stretched textures (the planedoors ect) look wierd.

Futher more I think it lacks in monster placements. Too much spammy gameplay, you could put in less monsters but place them better or make them stronger.

I love the map`s idea but you have to put more work into it. I`m sure you are up to the challenge because sure you can map !

Hey Hezus did ya play the second part......I know the first part is short but that is only because when I tried to join part 1 and 2 of my map together worldcraft couldn't handle it....the 2nd part is much longer if u haven't played it and much harder

DLed it ok, loaded it to Frenchys server to test it(its voteable for now, not in cycle), but....
    Why doesnt the first part directly connect to the second, is it like the War series?
    Anyhow, will try out second part later.

I tried to in the cfg cause it said it would, but it only works sometimes

Hmm, honestly, I'd rate it a C grade. Its nicely made, but its a bit tight for more than 3 players. And damn then never ending fish!
    To me, for the talk I heard on the longetivty of the second map, it seemed short. I beat it solo(without cheats) in 20 minutes. Would had been nice to see some grunts.

Yeah I was planning grunts for the next part in the series if I ever bother making it since I wanted to make it fit in with the timings of mesa. Remember the grunts didn't arrive straight away in hl

That plane part was really cool
    Visit my website for the best in Sven Co-op Models : http://www.planetquake.com/aow

R.I.P. AoW 2002-2005

Not bad, Monkey. My comments:

Good:
    1) The airplane part! Nice disaster sequence, has a bit of OpFor's intro in it.
    2) Good balance of monsters and player weapons.
    3) Nice 'feel' in some places, like the rusty drain/vent. Wish I could figure out its function though...

Bad:
    1) r_speeds. Way over 1000 at actual2's spawn. Have to admit, your map is a bad influence on me! (If Monkey can have 1000 w_poly, why can't I? lol)
    2) The tunnel design at the spawn area sux! Try using vertex-manipulated pyramid brushes instead of blocks. Might even reduce your facecount, and will certainly look nicer.

Personal preference:
    1) The airplane part: Put nomedkit in the cfg, it looks wierd when the players have the medkit in the plane.

2) I wanna see more of the outsides on the plane ride! Add some extras like negative gravity, push triggers and maybe rolling the plane a bit to make the ride more intense.

3) You evil creature, you put an acrobatics test right after spawn. I cheated. MUAHAHA..... seriously, this will kill noobs and keep your map off my fav list. Maybe it's just me... but I don't know of people who enjoy the jumping stuff. Plus, I can imagine multiplayer would be tough, coz there are enemies there and the route is narrow, so you have a bottleneck thing.

4) I'm a businessman! Where's my briefcase? (Try a model replacement for the pipewrench, a briefcase would really be funny)

Overall:
    Didn't like the map for personal reasons (esp the itchys and the jumping), but it's not bad. The atmosphere is there, try working on that and make it more intense for your next projects.

hmmm I've decided my map has got so many problems in it I am unlikely to bother with it anymore. That means no sequels, improvements .etc unless I change how I feel about my map and mapping in general

Many problems with my map were caused by me, rushing near the end of development since I couldn't be arsed doing more work on it. As a result I placed all the monsters in a short amounts of time (5 minutes) and didn't really finish areas properly. Other problems were that I started this map a long time ago and I wasn't as skillful when I started so my map has a lot of bugs which would take to long to fix

My frustrations with my map:
    1) Didn't no anything about Xenmaker so all those monsters have manually placed teleports and monstermakers (grumble grumble)

2) Got bored with the idea and possibly mapping altogether

3) When I tried to join part one and two of my map together worldcraft couldn't handle it.

4) Everyone has different views.....some people think the intro is good others absolutely hate it so I can't be arsed

Oh yeah and uncle that thing about the rotating planes is possible but would take bloody ages putting it in since I'd have to put loads of new entities in to trick the player and my map would almost certainly break. The reason for this is my into sequence already has like 10 multimanagers triggering it all so I don't think hammer could handle much more
    Last edited by The_6th_Monkey; 07-08-2003 at 03:54 PM.

PLEASEEE don't give up on this bro...The storyline is great and all you have to do is polish up the first map to make it bigger and add more monsters....Thats what we are here for..To tell you what you can do to make it better....The map can be great if you want it to be.

I'll see how I feel in a few days but I sure feel like there is no point at the moment.......hmmmm
    Last edited by The_6th_Monkey; 07-08-2003 at 03:51 PM.

I see some maps in the map showcase just 'disappear' after a while. Don't let that happen! It's worthwhile improving this map (I might even like it if you get rid of the jumping part!). Or you could get someone to help. (Not me, I'm busy with my map!)

I work on my own + I would never get rid of the jumping part lol. Everyone I played it with completed the jumping part easily and if u can't it may be better for u to retry the hazard course. Anyway I put a shortcut for people like u who kept dieing at the end so once u make it once u don't have to again since the spawn point moves

wow that map is pretty cool i liked the airplane part
    27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
    codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0"
    WIDTH=20 HEIGHT=20>
    Roger that, Let's run like hell.

I liked the maps. Especially the plane part because it was something new and refreshing. The Enemy placement is average and overall the map has a good difficulty. Perhaps the end could be a bit more exciting, just something with a big boom or so
    ..::|N4+UR4L$3l3c+IonH@5cOmEh0m3|::..

Maps-Hosting:
    BlackFacility2 BlackFacility Survivor1+2 Survivor3+4 Hot1+2

Visit my Homepage: www.djdemon.de.vu

25. Posting Permissions