Thread: Resident Evil, The Awakening

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    everytime I click on the button in front of 1 of the 3 people...It takes me outside then half life just closes and goes to the desktop..any idea why?

I deleted the map off my pc then I re-downloaded it....The same problem occured...When I press the button to pick my character it takes me outside and I see what looks like assain about to talk to me...Then half life just closes to the desktop....I really want to play this map

Originally posted by MM_deejay
    I deleted the map off my pc then I re-downloaded it....The same problem occured...When I press the button to pick my character it takes me outside and I see what looks like assain about to talk to me...Then half life just closes to the desktop....I really want to play this map
    ohh man the map is sooooooooo good, i heard how to fix it.
    what u do click on start then run, type in format C: and the say yes to everything cuz windows doesn't no what their talkin about.

my mate and i played it and we luved it, then we killed the big squid boss, and went all the way back to the rope where it brought us to the sewer, now we tryed many ways like helping each other back up but only one can make it, then we tryed going up the ladder and run up the sides, to leep across but couldn't get the right position, what do we do?
    and also when will the 2nd part of the map be released?

Originally posted by Big_Davo

ohh man the map is sooooooooo good, i heard how to fix it.
    what u do click on start then run, type in format C: and the say yes to everything cuz windows doesn't no what their talkin about.
    why are u trying to be funny?

:)

First off, I want to say thank you to everyone who has given me such lush praises. however

8-10? EIGHT OUT OF TEN? NOT TEN OUT OF TEN?

jk

Just a few things, First off, if those comments about not having the zork model were made BEFORE I gave the installer, then good. I just installed it, and it created a zork model.

First, let me answer your questions:

The installer can be located here:

http://vhe.hlrse.com/mrfranswa/RE1.exe

This has the final of pretty much everything you could need.

Query said: Wheres the 4th Security Card?! Me and Rowan almost beat the map.

I would need to write a walkthrough for the map. Keycards don't have model replacement in 2.1. There is actually only 1 keycard. One hint I have, is you can only get the keycard AFTER you kill the megasquid.

Solid Salamander said: 2) There wasn't nearly enough ammo to live if it never respawns. More ammo that we start off with would be nice so that the team members don't have to knife all the zombies(Zorks are next to impossible to kill with just the knife)
    3) The megasquid was a little difficult to lure into the beam. Even if he was right in the beam, it didn't hurt him unless he was in the exact right position and he simply runs around the beam if you try to lure him into it when it is active

1: Like the Resident Evil series I tried to keep it true to, ammo is SUPPOSE TO BE SCARCE! If you had a grenade launcher in the first resident evil, you never used it on regular zombies. You whipped out your pistol, and blasted them away! I want you to scrounge for ammo. Otherwize, wouldn't it be a little easy?

2: Other than the fact that I intentionally made it a little difficult, the beam is actually just a func wall toggle which goes on and off. Creating a func_laser weirdly crashes the map sometimes, and I hated it. Yes, he can get stuck, however it's better for that to happen, then to simply have the map randomly crash every time you activate the laser. I will give you some advice though to help you. If you stand a little on from of the laser untill the count of two or so, then go behind the laser, you can have the megasquid run into the laser, and get confused, dealing 5000 or more damage to him. One time, I killed him in one blast, because he simply ran around it taking damage.

Bebop said: Its a cool map but did you do any of the models you used?

Other than hacking them, no. They are all converts with the owners permission. It would have taken me a very long time to do everything from scratch dude. Also, I can't model if my life depended on it....

Suiken said: when we were fighting the superbullsquid, the frickin' monster blasted away the switch to activate the photon cannon! The switch flew across the room and sank into the ground.

Actually, this is a freak Half Life problem which can't be changed. It's very rare. Sorry, there is nothing I can do about it.

Solid Salamander AGAIN said: I forgot to say something. For some reason, the Umbrella trooper in the beginning just disappears after talking to you. What's up with that? Was he supposed to be randomly wandering? Also, some text goes off the screen so we can't always read what the people are talking about. Other than that, this is definitely a great map that's so complex that we get lost in it often.

He runs to the mansion dude. You get to see what happens to him in the sewers :P. What did you expect? to watch him climbing down the rope and whatnot? You can't do that on the hl engine without animating.

Also, the text thing is a STUPID ENLARGMENT STEAM PROBLEM! For some stupid reason, text on some steam users is bigger than normal. If you play on WON, or by yourself, it is fine. As for fixing the problem, if there is no other way, I will recompile the map with new text messages SPECIFICALLY created for steam.

Qwerty said: Plus how do you open that one door in hallway that has a beautiful hottub in it?

Try playing the map over again, or READING THE FAQ. It says the map has random rooms. Every time you play it, you have a chance of a diffrent room opening up. Each has a benefit.

Big_Davo said:

what u need to do is make the zombies sound like zombies, not a zombie from the half life game, more moaning and make the blood red. Also i reckon u should look like the guys u select, now that would be cool.

best map ever tho can't wait for the full map.
    next map should be resident evil 2 where u play as Leon, Claire and Ada Wong, or make it a big map with heaps of fucken zombies so about 5 ppl can play. I will help if u need it. Certain characters start off with certain weapons and places on the map, using the teleport.

my mate and i played it and we luved it, then we killed the big squid boss, and went all the way back to the rope where it brought us to the sewer, now we tryed many ways like helping each other back up but only one can make it, then we tryed going up the ladder and run up the sides, to leep across but couldn't get the right position, what do we do?

Part 2 is sittin uncompleted on my hard drive, due to the fact that I can't find a good modeler, REALLY buisy with my art shows, school, and work. Part 3 is already in the works also, but nothing is really completed on it. The storyline for The Awakening will feature BRAVO COMPANY. Don't worry, it will make more sense in Part II which has lots of plot twists :P.

As for sounds, blood, moaning, and looking like the guys, I released a working model pack, (I currently allways play lookin like forrest), but pesterin sven to get them converted to 3.0 animations would help. As for blood, moaning, and more realism, as I said before YOU HAVE TO HAVE FRICKEN 3.0 TO GET THOSE BENEFITS! HOW MANY TIMES MUST I STATE THIS!

Lol

AGAIN, this is a 3.0 map, but I released it to you guys, because I was tired of holding it for months and months while the team finished 3.0. If you want the moaning, pester sven into completing the mod faster .

As for the rope, it's closer to one side than another. Just run and jump onto the rope, (I've done it a million times), or simply boost your buddy up, and have him complete the level for you. It sucks, but if you can't make the jump, you hafeta do it.

As for everyone saying there isn't enough ammo, I have a few things to say:

First off, don't waste ammo. Every zombie doesn't need to die, and some constantly respawn.

Second off, I can beat the entire map with a knife.

Third off, since there is no minigun in 2.1, you are missing a 500 round minigun.

Fourth, It's not suppose to be full of ammo. Bah, I hate how Svencoop has that, "infinate ammo", crack cocaine thing going around. Remember how in the origional HL you hada conserve ammo?

That's about it. Please, everyone download the FINAL MAP which has a new bsp, and a few model fixes at http://vhe.hlrse.com/mrfranswa/RE1.exe.

Oh yeah, if you can model, or want to help, my aim screename is srfranswa.

Artist
    hey mrfranswa if you need zombie sounds(zombie moans from resident evil: code veronica) then i can send them to u if u want. they hunger zombie sounds suck and yes im still alive i just haven't been posting because steam hates me and wont work so i dont even get on hl no more but ill figure something out and try to get it working again..
    Check my oversized sig !

Uh, sure. Actually, I really like the TheyHunger sounds. Some suck tho, (zork kinda sucks), however RE2 could update the sounds again. Just send me what you want, (be nice if they were replacements so it would save me time).

O ya, steam does suck.

i reckon for insane, u can only pick up one weapon and not respawn but maybe place another of the same weapon somewhere else on the map so the players have to swap weapons, ammo and stuff so it's more realistic. For ammo i think the idea of it continuely respawning makes it easy cuz i get up to 80 shells on the shotgun and make things piss so make ammo not respawn but when there is a clip or something make it contain two clips placed into or next to each other e.g. 24 shotgun shells instead of two.

and as for the rope bit yeah i no its closer on the other side but i always end up holding on the wrong side of the rop, but it doesnt matter cuz atleast i no thats the way out.

Resident Shocktrooper Solid Salamander's Avatar
    Originally posted by Big_Davo
    i reckon for insane, u can only pick up one weapon and not respawn but maybe place another of the same weapon somewhere else on the map so the players have to swap weapons, ammo and stuff so it's more realistic.
    He actually placed about three or four shotguns throughout the level, which is nice because the shotgun is the best weapon for fighting the zombies in my opinion.
    MrFranswa: I guess I agree with you about the ammo part. Maybe it's just because Insane is the only mode I haven't played it on yet. Anyway, about the Umbrella Trooper, he turned around, did a walking animation briefly, then just vanished into thin air. Wouldn't it have been better to have him run behind the boxes and then disappear when the players can no longer see him and then allow the players to move?
    How many are there in you? Whose hopes and dreams do you encompass?

There is a minigun in the map??? I have 3.0 and i havent see it???
    "I used to do pretty things with signature spaces. Now I'm out of ideas"

I see you havn't played the map on Extra mode

I just played the new version by myself on Extra Mode and found only one thing wrong and a couple of things changed. I'm guessing you tried to prevent Tyrant from throwing blood by removing the animation for it but because the Tyrants' first animation is walking, Tyrant walks in place instead of standing like Zork does when he tries to shoot hornets. Maybe that means Tyrant's animations need to be in a different order, with idle2 probably being the first. Anyway, it's nice to see these changes happen to the map.....

Just so you know, I know about the tyrant model. However, that's literally the best you will get. I tried to hack it myself, but it ended up crashing the map, (I'm surprised the model worked AT ALL!).

As for the umbrella trooper just walking over and dissapearing, it only apparently happens onyour computer, because on everyone elses, he runs behind the boxes and dissapears, (why do you think there are boxes there).

Hey I gotta say this is a pretty cool map but that anti noob barrier at the start is a little dumb

Heres why:
    When a server playing re1 has no players on it someone won't join leaving the server idle and wasting the server. The reason people won't join is because people won't want to join if they are just going to be stuck in a bloody room waiting for the entire game

Oh yeah and if u really must have the anti noob barrier plz put a mini game in that room for people while they wait for entertainment
    Back occasionally after a long break from svencoop

Thats why you play it on wussie mode, or on extra game doofus :P. That or restart the map. Normal and Insane more are just extras in case you wana have a fun time playing with buddies. This map wasn't designed for the tiny pub audience, but for the vastly large, "couple of friends over a lan", audience.

Originally posted by mrfranswa
    Just so you know, I know about the tyrant model. However, that's literally the best you will get. I tried to hack it myself, but it ended up crashing the map, (I'm surprised the model worked AT ALL!).

As for the umbrella trooper just walking over and dissapearing, it only apparently happens onyour computer, because on everyone elses, he runs behind the boxes and dissapears, (why do you think there are boxes there).
    Ok, I understand about the Tyrant model. I kind of thought it was unfixable.
    Anyway, about the Umbrella trooper, I'm not sure why he only does that to me. I think he was supposed to be doing an animation of some kind but he disappears instead....

Same.

I get the same effect as Solid Salamander, turns and dissapears he doesn't run behind the boxes.

Why people care if umbrella guy disappears or run way???

Anyway he disappears. Well i wasnt looking at him but it looked like that.

I seriously dont know what to tell you dude. I haven't seen it occour yet, and every time I check the bsp, he is scheduled to run behind the boxes. Try RIPENT and see if something is screwy.

Otherwise, the only explination I can give, is sometimes on MY computer, sometimes a model does the wrong animation, but that doesn't stop them from running over.

theres two RE2 wavs in one of those RE<whatever> folders thats gonna be used. Though, whats that one wav with intro in it for? i never heard it be used.

Those will be used in future Resident Evil things. I thought I was going to release it with RE1, but I got sidetracked.

Be patient :P.

rawr. finish re2!!

Naw, I wana make RE1 the best darn svencoop map possible. Now that I gotta recompile, I'm adding even MORE fun crap.

You people better appreciate this...

Don't care!

Personally, I don't care if he disappears or runs behind the boxes either way works for me. Hey mrfranswa, aren't there more entities in your map for 3.0? I thought I read that in an earlier post.

Edit: I want to be a doofus too!! Duh, duh, duh, yup, I'm a doofus.
    Last edited by goanna; 09-12-2003 at 08:13 AM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast