Thread: Resident Evil, The Awakening

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I can't believe named me a doofus for giving you my point of view on your map.....jeez what an idiot u are

Can't take tips without getting annoyed
    Back occasionally after a long break from svencoop

Originally posted by mrfranswa
    Thats why you play it on wussie mode, or on extra game doofus :P.
    I can feel the anger overflowing from that comment and at this point I'm even fearing for my life because he may post another smiley face... /Sarcasm

Anyways, a reason he dosn't want to recompile is the maps huge and it takes forever to compile with the settings he has.

Dude, 6th monkey. You SUCK POOP! YEAH YOU SUCK POOP HARD!

Seriously, don't take everything so offensively. I even put in a :P to signify I was just kidding dude. I took your thought into consiteration. I'm not going to change it, because the map will have FIVE play modes over the one which all maps generally currently have. Wussie, Extra, and BRAINS! will be mainly for playing by yourself and pubs, while Normal will be the standard pub, (your telling me boosting is a problem, when theres maps currently in the rotation which won't let you proceed without 2 people pushing a button. Just lower the grav!), and INSANE! for those really fun group games which wan't the extra challenge.

Okay, I need some help with this:

When i start the map and goes into the Minigame, there is a box outside with some nades and stuff, but if I try to pick up a nade it crashes and says:

SV_ModelIndex: model
    models/REvil/WModels/Grenade/v_grenade.mdl not precached

I dont know what that means =/ so I could use some help

I think it may mean one of your models is corrupt.

Try reinstalling it, or extracting a new grenade model in your svencoop directory. If you get the SAME error with a diffrent model, then that means one of your models is corrupt. If you don't, then that is the corrupt model.

Just make sure it's the right name tho. I got the same thing when I tried to use a corrupted tyrant model.

it is the same name =)

and I installed it with your new installer, I also tried to download the version before that (the one in the zip) and change it with that, but nothing happened =(

Resident Shocktrooper Solid Salamander's Avatar
    I also have a problem with the minigame in the new version which, to my knowledge, has yet to be posted here. As soon as the minigame is supposed to start, my Half-Life simply crashes. Is there any reason for that? It's a shame too, because the minigame sounds like fun.
    How many are there in you? Whose hopes and dreams do you encompass?

Hmm, you got me.

I've had about 10 diffrent people test it before I released it, and they didn't report any problems.

As for the model thing, um.......lol. Seriously I have no idea. Are you using the new 3.0 code, or 2.1? Ask around, perhaps someone else may have an idea. Did you manually delete, or uninstall the OLD RE the awakening part 1, or did you just, "add", to the models. Are you still using the old tyrant model which doesn't work?

As for the minigame crashing, Try using developer 1, and seeing what the last message you get is. I'm pretty sure you have the 3.0 code. Are you playing on steam? Are you playing on won? Before, when I had the zombies all die at one time, (with a big trigger hurt), it sometimes crashed the game. I don't understand why it would do it this time, because it's a simple trigger_multiple which spawns a scientist, and starts the text message.

Fine here!

Played through 4 times now without a problem, twice with someone and two times myself. ????

This may have already been mentioned but not sure......the road outside the house leads into the wall......no gate.....unlesss its a phantom gate....muahahahahaha

Resident Shocktrooper Solid Salamander's Avatar
    As for the minigame crashing, Try using developer 1, and seeing what the last message you get is. I'm pretty sure you have the 3.0 code. Are you playing on steam? Are you playing on won? Before, when I had the zombies all die at one time, (with a big trigger hurt), it sometimes crashed the game. I don't understand why it would do it this time, because it's a simple trigger_multiple which spawns a scientist, and starts the text message.
    I'll try using developer mode to see what's wrong and I'll edit this post after I'm finished. I don't have the 3.0 code, although I wish I did......

EDIT: My Half-Life crashed as soon as the zombies spawned. Developer mode didn't give me any error but I remember hearing several zombie alert sounds at the same exact time. Maybe the fact that the sound was played so many times at once caused my Half-Life to crash. Yes, I'm playing on WON HL so it may be sfx_t without actually giving me the error.
    Last edited by Solid Salamander; 15-12-2003 at 07:23 PM.
    How many are there in you? Whose hopes and dreams do you encompass?

it's a PHANTOM GATE

MU AHA HAHA AH AH

Deal with it

Im using 2.1 =)

and I have to admit that i havent checked the map showcase before the thread was on its third page =)

(so i just downloaded the installer)

it's a PHANTOM GATE

MU AHA HAHA AH AH

Deal with it
    In other words...the hell if I'm gonna compile again

I really dont feel like it, but people are making me.....

The Download links are down. Could someone please upload this map somewhere so myself and others can download it.

Thank you.

That is because hlrse is down.

I understand that. The reason I wanted them uploaded somewhere else is because hlrse seems to go down a lot...and I am going to a LAN party in about 2 hours

Actually, HLRSE's unlimited bandwidth was tooken away.

My host a long time ago, over 3 months ago, gave me Unlimited Bandwidth without telling me. Today, they took it away. I asked them to give it back witha few good reasons.

I soon got a reply from them, saying that they would but giving out unlimited bandwidth caused a couple problems with the webserver or something. |-I HLRSE was just fine. :P ... :'( Then again, I'm going to have to limit file sizes, and get rid of some websites and stuff. :'( :'( HLRSE is back on 3GB Bandwidth. Impossible to run a game community with that much!!

PS. I **NEVER** told anybody that they shouldnt get another webhost just incase something goes wrong with HLRSE.Com, so dont blame HLRSE cause no one was told: HLRSE is your only source, oh yeah, itll never, and i mean NEVER go downtown baby! <--Don't rely on HLRSE like its your life. Get another mirror, HLRSE aint recomended to be life-garunteed..if u know what i mean.

I think you will have to change your signature and put limited bandwith.

Guys, if you don't like hlrse allways going down, then simply upload 1.1 to your own host. I mean it's free on hlrse so don't complain.

As for the map, a new version will hopefully be released by tonight. I'll prob work on it untill I hafeta work, then I will compile at work, and when I get home, I will send to the usuals for uploading.

Originally posted by Bebop
    I think you will have to change your signature and put limited bandwith.
    ugh ur avatar has a christmas hat too. :P

Incoming Headshot
    You can download this map, as well as almost 200 others, from my site: www.clanbbb.com
    Boo
    Incoming Headshot!

New file, so Boo, update yours.

http://www.fortunefiles.com/RETA1.zip

This should be final, includes normal install, along with a custom files install.
    Last edited by Fortune2; 20-12-2003 at 05:47 PM.

Incoming Headshot
    Done.
    Boo
    Incoming Headshot!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast