Thread: Resident Evil, The Awakening

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    is this the last of updates for this map and continueing to the next map or more updates to come?

depends on if I get complaints or not..... So far so good.

^ That is quite annoying
    Visit my website for the best in Sven Co-op Models : http://www.planetquake.com/aow

R.I.P. AoW 2002-2005

The source of that is in the Mini-Game thing.
    Use a 'custom_precache' entitie for all your custom models and sounds. Less risk or chance of getting errors of such.

Well that explains that

As for the map, i'm still playing it, but holy ass this map is great @_@
    Visit my website for the best in Sven Co-op Models : http://www.planetquake.com/aow

R.I.P. AoW 2002-2005

RETA2 Screens

Srfran said its fine to post RETA2 screen shots. From the four posted, they were taken from the early early beta verison which only a few have. Note, the screens do not show completely what the final verison will look like.
    Last edited by Fortune2; 21-12-2003 at 09:44 PM.

custom precache?

How the hell do you use that? Sorry for the error tho, I'll try and fix it if someone can tell me how to use the entity

as for re2, getting into a good art school is a bit more important right now, but I will try to get the map out when re1 comes out.

Holy this map was god, awesome work on it. Cant wait for the continuance!

Didn't die once

R.I.P. AoW 2002-2005

Just wait for 3.0 code . You will think it's even MORE god.

Apart from the bugs inherent in playing this map with SC 2.x, this map is very sweet and I'd love to play it with other people, not just because of potential RE one-liners we could crack all game, and not just because more players would mean more flashlights.

EDIT: BUT PARTLY BECAUSE THE FINAL BATTLE IS @#$!ING HARD ALONE! :P
    Last edited by RollingSkull; 22-12-2003 at 02:55 PM.

Originally posted by RollingSkull
    Apart from the bugs inherent in playing this map with SC 2.x, this map is very sweet and I'd love to play it with other people, not just because of potential RE one-liners we could crack all game, and not just because more players would mean more flashlights.

EDIT: BUT PARTLY BECAUSE THE FINAL BATTLE IS @#$!ING HARD ALONE! :P
    Lies! I beat the final boss by myself while my friends were trekking back to me. You just gotta have skills

Actually what we did was in the first part where you can see him under the cage thing, we snuck over to the ladder at the crosswalk just far enough to see his body but him not see us, and unloaded all our 357 rounds into him, then i baited him towards the ladder a bit, and we put every bit of ammo we had into him taking him down into the 5000 range of health, making him prime laser bait

R.I.P. AoW 2002-2005

Eeek, if you guys can do that in 2.1, wait till you toss the minigun all the way down there. (Good stuff indeed)

You got .357 rounds? Wow.

Sure, it is POSSIBLE to kill him by yourself, but he is danged tough to get where you need him to be by the time the fvox is done counting down.

Since I haven't played many/any RE games the entire way through, I felt kinda cheated once I killed his behind and saw that all I got was a stinkin' book, but, all things considered, that would seem like standard RE fare.

EDIT: By the way, what was that boss battle music?

EDIT2: Fortune2, that assumes I'm still alive by the 3.0 release.
    Last edited by RollingSkull; 22-12-2003 at 03:41 PM.

Hi, i tried download the map off the main page but the link is down, is there anywhere else i can download it?, or does it come with 3.0? cheers
    So this is what its like to be a women?

wait a minute... u can play this in 2.1?

I have RE2, and YOU DONT!
    is this true???

Originally posted by Jimmy_b0b
    Hi, i tried download the map off the main page but the link is down, is there anywhere else i can download it?, or does it come with 3.0? cheers
    HLRSE is goign to be down for 7 months due to excess bandwitdh usage. i think fortune2 is hosting it. i dont think it will come with 3.0

Pssh, even I have re2, how'd you think I got those Screens. Its pretty good stuff. Yes you can play it on 2.1 and its still good.

The unloaded zip is over 40 meg, so it's definately not coming out with 3.0

As sven has already said, a few days, (or the day after, I dunno now), after the 3.0 release, I will have my own header on the page .

Hopefully, it will also come with a secret christmas present with it HINT HINT WHINK WHINK NUDGE NUDGE SAY NO MORE!

And yes, I have RE2

As for unloading on the megasquid....well you can but.....it's usually not the best idea. The laser does 1500 damag a second, and 3000 if you can get it right.

Originally posted by MedievalManIII
    HLRSE is goign to be down for 7 months due to excess bandwitdh usage.
    *Might* I never said it will be. I said it might, or probably will be.

Just beat it on extra mode, cool stuff

Though this still puzzles me... what the crap is that book sticking out of the bookcase for in the library? Its not a trigger or anything

R.I.P. AoW 2002-2005

I'd play through it on extra mode if I had a competent team. I had one earlier today but I had to leave it.

Be sure when you download the map you get the newest version. The newest version has a reskinned Otis meeting you in the front room of the mansion. Keep that in mind.

And what was the music that played when you fought the megasquid?

And tell us about the minigame because it seems to be broken.

Can ANYONE with 2.1 play the minigame? If not, it's a 2.1 problem with the grenade. Is it only 2.1 without steam? if so, then play on steam. If it's neither, then I don't know what to tell you. I've only had two people so far who couldn't play the minigame.

As for what your missing......your missing a lot . I think I will go play it right now

I have!

Seemed to play ok, though, I had to commit suicide to get out of it.

Manager
    Originally posted by mrfranswa
    custom precache?

How the hell do you use that? Sorry for the error tho, I'll try and fix it if someone can tell me how to use the entity

as for re2, getting into a good art school is a bit more important right now, but I will try to get the map out when re1 comes out.
    http://www.svencoop.com/entityguide/...ustom_precache

Well, I guess it is a 2.1 bug then because it doesn't work with Steam or with old HL.

The reason you only have 2 people talking bad about the minigame is that very, very few people have 3.0 right now and few people really want to fumble with a new map written for 3.0 while 2.1 is weeks away from becoming obsolete.

Status on re2

I was on a roll. The minigame was almost complete, the map was almost complete. all I needed to do was add some monsters to the map, and it would have been complete

You woulda had it by christmas. It was a while before I saved, so I went and tried to save.

All of a sudden, it flashed up. Worldcraft has a fatal error. I closed, and tried to reopen. The save is corrupt.

You guys are very lucky I had a backup, but it's apparent baby jesus doesn't want this map made before christmas. Even though I still have most of the shell of the map, all of the storyline, puzzles, even the stupid minigame hasta be redone.

Sucks for u guys

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast