Thread: SC_Activist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Stuck where? All areas inaccessible by one player have been altered to accomodate single play. Errors in the entities controlling the warehouse lift are now corrected.

Any gameplay comments?

sounds like a cool map but im too lazy to download it and im not playing sven coop again until 3.5 comes out.
    Maybe just maybe someday the world will learn from their mistakes

Originally posted by pcgamer58
    sounds like a cool map but im too lazy to download it and im not playing sven coop again until 3.5 comes out.
    Thank you for your insighful and helpful comments...

my pleasure, hell ill just download it anyways and play it, Im getting back into playing sven coop anyways

Ok I played it that day and now im responding a week later
    all I can say is:
    bad R_speeds
    I quit because it got to complicated when all the grunts came
    I liked the layout A LOT and it looked very nice but the r_speeds suffered because of it, I hope you will fix that because I get a steady 100 fps with r_speeds below 800 but when my fps was dropping to 30 and below like on your map, you know somthing is up

R_speeds on map one I'm aware of.

Complicated when the grunts came? I assume you mean at the first set of lifts? Alone it took me 3-4 deaths to pass them, they're not respawnable.

Originally posted by Frel
    Complicated when the grunts came? I assume you mean at the first set of lifts? Alone it took me 3-4 deaths to pass them, they're not respawnable.
    Well since I was playing by myself it was pretty hard and I didnt feel like playing after that because there were like 20 grunts and im too lazy to keep getting killed and having to go back there. I like the map tho

Desintigrator of Souls
    you can delete them yourself by editing them.

maps: need more work. That sums it all up quite easily.
    the truth about scientology

Actually, there was 9, but I'll look into it.

Mikker, more work regarding what (gameplay wise since I'm well aware of R_speeds)?

Manager
    I've played it and I thinks it's quite good. Lightning could be reviewed tho, some area's were really dark and others acted boring because of 1 single light.

We got stuck on the machine button puzzle at the end of the 2nd map. Sequence didnt work.

Desintigrator of Souls
    Actually, there was 9, but I'll look into it.

Mikker, more work regarding what (gameplay wise since I'm well aware of R_speeds)?
    Gameplay wise its fine, although the missing spawn in the last map really ruins it.

I havn't played it with more, so i don't know about difficulty. But you do need to get some better geometry. As for the stairs, it will acturly help r_speeds if you made the lower end smooth. It means less walls to show, if you do it correct, it will be 2 pieces instead of the 12-14.

And that tricky bit where you had to hit a tiny machine out in the corner plus an annonamys panel instead of the big machine in the middle or the one with the tubes going out of...that was pretty unlogical. i belive you should be able to get by by just damaging the middle machine enough, plus a bit of damage to each of the outgoing cylenders.

Originally posted by mikker
    As for the stairs, it will acturly help r_speeds if you made the lower end smooth. It means less walls to show, if you do it correct, it will be 2 pieces instead of the 12-14.
    I don't understand what you're trying to say there...

Desintigrator of Souls

I don't understand what you're trying to say there...
    Let me try to explain...

http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/...ker/stairs.jpg

the backside of it (now smooth) may be turned into 2 w_ploy instead of 8! But if you have a giant staircase of 40 stairs, it may be turned into 2 instead of 80! (but you will have to stretch the texture beyond recognision...so it would most likely be 10 instead of 80.)

plus you can null the underside of each step.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mikker; 03-07-2004 at 11:28 AM.

Black Mesa: Source Director Kalashnikovo's Avatar
    A mutlinational conglomerate has been actively participating in humane animal experiments for "the betterment of all mankind". However, after seeing the corpses of dead animals mutated into god knows what, you become outraged and wanting compensation for the innocent animals who have died at the company's hand. Being one of the great, unwashed, hippy generation children you join up with Green Activists, a global group of people who feel that nature shouldn't be treated the way it is. After two months of planning, Green Activists have stormed the company headquarters and have cleared the lobby of all employees and visitors. After taking a small security armory within the lobby you are now armed with automatic weaponry.

The sirens of SWAT vans and the L.A.P.D. Mobile Headquarters honkings push you to take it upon yourself to "liberate: the innocent animals held by the company. It doesn't matter how many years of research you will destroy, just as long as the animals are free. In the fever of freeing the animals you may find things you won't understand, but you need to "liberate" the animals...

Has anyone gotten thru the warehouse double button sequence in level 2? I've tried it 3 times on line with 3-4 players and a couple times on Lan with 2 players and can't get thru it. I know its at the end of the 2nd map and you can just change to map 3. However I am in the process of writing a review of the map on my website and I would really like to know if one can get out of the warehouse in the normal process of the map. Am I missing some trick or is there a bug here?

Is there a later update? I have the one with sc_activist.bsp dated June 18 which I believe I got from Snarkcafe.net

There's an update sitting on my hard drive, I just haven't had time to sort everything out due to work commitments et al. If I'm free I'll try and upload the fixed version tonight.

Regarding the warehouse, that was a master conflict I created accidentally when rejigging some things last minute. It is now fixed.

EDIT: Postponed release pending arrival of some custom models.
    Last edited by Frel; 15-07-2004 at 01:46 PM.

Re: SC_Activist Beta 1 (UPDATE Beta 2)

Okily dokily, beta 2 has been uploaded to the link below. No new rooms or architecture, it's mostly bug fixes and optimisations.

KNOWN BUGS: Vis H.O.M. error in sc_activist3 (between the animal holding area and airborne bot area). It moves within that area for every compile despite being completely rebuilt, no errors and pristine brushwork. I'm stumped.

http://snarkcafe.net/files1/sc_activist.zip

BUG FIXES/ALTERATIONS:

Ichthyosaur replaced with archer.mdl and now functions correctly.
    Slight reworking of the lobby to drop r_speeds.
    Entity optimisations.
    All three maps are now completable by one person.
    Extra custom models added.
    Null issues resolved.
    Core is now destroyed by firing on the core itself (4 panels).
    Spawn switches now occur correctly.
    Map 2 can now be successfully completed.
    Minor aesthetic alterations/additions.
    Last edited by Frel; 17-07-2004 at 08:58 AM.

Re: SC_Activist Beta 1

Frel - thanks for your prompt reply last week and for posting the fixes quickly. I downloaded the lastest file and the warehouse buttons now work perfectly. Also noticed the other improvements you made.

I did have a problem when going into map3. The program can't find the archer.mdl file and won't run. I could not find this model in the zip file, however, I fixed this on my computer, I seem to have an archer.mdl file in my HLServer/Valve/models folder, so I just copied it into my SvenCoop/Models/Sc_Activist folder.

I'm running a WON Server and probably got that model when I was trying to update my HLServer file from Steam.

Anyway, I finished the review of Sc_Activist. The review can be found at:

http:/www.monkey-knuckles.com/reviews.htm if anybody is interested in viewing it.

Re: SC_Activist Beta 1

How odd, I just checked the .zip that resides on my hard drive and the archer.mdl is present. I'll repackage it when I get about to maybe adding some new rooms, in the meantime:

www.freewebs.com/frel/archer.mdl

Crappy hosting but the file is around 90kb so shouldn't cause much of an issue.

EDIT: The archer.mdl should now be present within the build (beta 2) hosted on snarcafe above. Thanks Seraphim.
    Last edited by Frel; 26-07-2004 at 04:19 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12